List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

“This is what the (insiders) are saying at clubland; Nick Haynes will land at Carlton next year,” said Herald Sun journalist Jay Clark on Fox Footy’s Midweek Tackle.

“(And I) think St Kilda, if they lose Josh Battle to Hawthorn — the Saints are still very confident of keeping Battle on a five-year deal — but if they do lose him, Nick Haynes could be the man there.

If North come sniffing around for Hunter Clark again,would anyone be happy to let him go this time? what would it take? One of their handout picks from the AFL? I’d do it for that and nothing less. Then maybe you’ve got enough assets to get the Suns first rounder.

Imagine getting 3 of

Smith
Lalor
Draper
Langford
O Sullivan
Smillie
That’s ship has sailed. They have no need for another mid

Noah Anderson, drafted #2 2019 draft.

• Signed rookie contract 2020-2021.
  • Contract extended in mid 2020 for an additional 2 years (to end 2023)
  • Contract 2020-2023 extended to end of 2027 in January 2023 (9 months prior to existing contract ending)

That timeline doesn't leave too much time for St.K to tell him (& his dad) to F%%^ off.

I heard that St Kilda rejected him when he and his dad wanted him to come to us but we told him to **** off because we wanted to get Ben King in and needed capital and cash.
That is so st Kilda and Ben king is the last thing we need. I guess whoever that genius was is long gone but boy can we pick them.

“This is what the (insiders) are saying at clubland; Nick Haynes will land at Carlton next year,” said Herald Sun journalist Jay Clark on Fox Footy’s Midweek Tackle.

“(And I) think St Kilda, if they lose Josh Battle to Hawthorn — the Saints are still very confident of keeping Battle on a five-year deal — but if they do lose him, Nick Haynes could be the man there.
Was a massive fan but he turns 33 next year and is a shell of the player he was in his B&F year. Don't see the logic in doing this. If we lose Battle we would need to trade for him to not distort the compensation, Blues can get him for nothing.

Was a massive fan but he turns 33 next year and is a shell of the player he was in his B&F year. Don't see the logic in doing this. If we lose Battle we would need to trade for him to not
Logic is ready-made depth to be honest. He may walk in and play good senior footy for a year or two, and provide a senior head while Schoey develops further.

Was a massive fan but he turns 33 next year and is a shell of the player he was in his B&F year. Don't see the logic in doing this. If we lose Battle we would need to trade for him to not distort the compensation, Blues can get him for nothing.
those 30+ players are short term to allow for development and not just throwing kids in

If we were to grab someone like Macrae and Peatling, do we then take two mids with 5 & 6? It depends on who’s available, but we couldn’t fit all of Macrae, Peatling, Steele, Pou, Hugo, Windhager, Clark, Sinclair, NWM and two firsts into our midfield mix next season.
This could be where splitting pick 6 would be valuable and grabbing 2 of Hotton, Hynes, Travaglia or Dodson

IF we have two picks , and we have Macrae, nothing has changed. We'd be lucky if the drafted kids are getting regular games by the time Macrae retires.
Peatling, at 23 is a different prospect, but it also depends what SORT of midfielder you are drafting.

My thoughts, take "best available", and that might include Trainor in the mix, where i'd tend to avoid him if we didn't bring a good mid in by other means.
I'd also be more open to splitting one of the picks.

IF we have two picks , and we have Macrae, nothing has changed. We'd be lucky if the drafted kids are getting regular games by the time Macrae retires.
Peatling, at 23 is a different prospect, but it also depends what SORT of midfielder you are drafting.

My thoughts, take "best available", and that might include Trainor in the mix, where i'd tend to avoid him if we didn't bring a good mid in by other means.
I'd also be more open to splitting one of the picks.
I think you look at what some of the projected early picks are doing at VFL level already and should expect regular games from the top 10 of not only this draft, but most drafts. I'd expect whoever draft to play regularly next year, as has been Ross' way with our early picks in the past 2 years.

Crouch and the club need to make a decision before the seasons end. My belief is he is shot, you dont come back from a chronic knee with zero cartilage.

Give Seb Ross a 1 year contract as a thankyou for his loyal service. Keep him on as a VFL mentor for the young kids.

Then if we can get Peatling and McRae in the door plus 2 x first round midfielders, our midfield and our future will look a whole lot brighter in 2025. What a difference that would make.

We will still need a ready to go key defender in the Butts or Edwards mould. If we can get one or both of them in then delist Cordy. The more flexible trade options will open up a lot more movement this trade period.

If Gubby, SOS & Dalrymple can excel this trade & draft period it will set us up to really attack the future.

Go Saints!

Ps.We havent missed Billings, Gresham or Coffield this year so our list management team are getting it 100% right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gettable - Twomey & Beveridge

• Membrey has interest. Carlton couldn’t do a deal last year
  • Ross is gettable if a club wants him.
  • interested in Peatling - Giants have offered a 2 year deal. Many clubs keen.
  • Battle. Effectively says he is gone to Hawthorn - otherwise he would have signed. Says if he hasn’t signed after our season is over but the hawks are still in finals. There is your answer.

• Battle. Effectively says he is gone to Hawthorn - otherwise he would have signed. Says if he hasn’t signed after our season is over but the hawks are still in finals. There is your answer.
Nothing that's unsurprising.

Peatling will likely have plenty of suitors by the end of the season, considering his form over the back-end of the year. But he would be a great get if he was to leave. If he wants opportunity, there is no better place to get it than us lol.

Nothing that's unsurprising.

Peatling will likely have plenty of suitors by the end of the season, considering his form over the back-end of the year. But he would be a great get if he was to leave. If he wants opportunity, there is no better place to get it than us lol.
Agreed.

Kinda wished they would address the Dougal Howard situation.

The other was Harry Edwards is out of contract and has a 2 year deal in front of him, with WCE waiting to see what happens with Barrass. Mark Keane looks like he will want out but most likely to Collingwood.

Richmond to possibly lose Rioli, Baker and Bolton in trades which will give them a huge trade and draft hand. Surley if they lose that much senior talent they will be looking for some experience to fill the gaps. Adelaide are another club who are going to be big players come the trade period, perhaps they will be keen to off load a contracted tall defender which we should be interested. Hopefully Gubby & SOS are all over those movements and get some angles working for the Saints.

The other was Harry Edwards is out of contract and has a 2 year deal in front of him, with WCE waiting to see what happens with Barrass. Mark Keane looks like he will want out but most likely to Collingwood.

Richmond to possibly lose Rioli, Baker and Bolton in trades which will give them a huge trade and draft hand. Surley if they lose that much senior talent they will be looking for some experience to fill the gaps. Adelaide are another club who are going to be big players come the trade period, perhaps they will be keen to off load a contracted tall defender which we should be interested. Hopefully Gubby & SOS are all over those movements and get some angles working for the Saints.
It will be incredibly interesting to see what Richmond decide to do, because they arguably have the worst young core in the league. However, they still have enough experience in the midfield, with Taranto, Hopper etc.

They would obviously be looking at lower cost trade options, or delisted free agents to replace some of the experience they are expected to lose. For me, they need as much talent as they can get over the next couple of years.

What could we get for Membrey? I don't really want to lose him but at his age I wouldn't think we'd get much.

If Richmond lose those players , they won't want to be giving up any good picks they get for them.
Not sure i'd want Edwards either.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back