List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

So Sam Edmund reporting Tomlinson maybe to Saints as UFA.
We would need to trade for him so if Battle leaves we don't lose the compo pick.

Maybe a late second or our old chestnut a future second should be more than the compo Melbourne would get andwe still get the Battle compo.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
We might need him as a stop gap with Battle leaving and for depth with Howard (not sure what’s going on there).

There may be nothing better ( is he an upgrade on Cordy? I don’t know) but gee nothing to get excited about in the slightest.

While I agree with the need to fix the gaping holes in our midfield in this trade period and draft (an ongoing theme for the last 10 years), I'm shocked at how little Darcy Wilson's name comes up when the media discusses our side's short and long term future.

He could be absolutely anything. A gut running, goal kicking, strong over head and strong over the ball future captain. The way he's stood up in the last few weeks, particularly last week in a finals-type atmosphere, was just so exciting.

Go out and draft/trade for elite mids, absolutely. But don't forget that there are already some key pieces in place. We just need to build around them.
Reminds me of Isaac Smith, you can't teach that type of player. Elite in this day and age.

Don't want to trade king but if it allowed us to bring in 2-3 young gun mids and a first 22 ruck I would go for it.

Him only wanting to go big club for big crowd might send a tiny message to the afl though.
Their greed driven preferential treatment given to the big clubs through favourable draws and marquee games is making them bigger while the rest are just making up numbers.
Sadly this is probably incorrect.

More likely the AFL sees this as justification of their attitude, another big profile player being involved in "blockbuster" games means more viewers, more clicks, more $$$

Tsatas and Hobbs maybe available,doubt Humphries would be

Agreed, though I think it certainly doesn't hurt to throw a decent offer at him.
On Tsatas and Hobbs, you have to evaluate them without the gloss of a former first round pick status. I don't see it with Tsatas at all. Hobbs is a more interesting proposition but still seems to be an in between mid. Not a natural inside mid, not an aerobic animal that can spread outside the contest.

Why do people complain about our midfield being slow but then proceed to suggest getting Ben Hobbs for likely a second rounder at least?

Because you can have the quickest players in the comp, if they are not prepared to chase, tackle & pressure it means zip. Harley Ried is the classic example a great ball winner and looks exciting but he doesnt have much of a defensive game. Speed is great when used well but it is not everything. Hobbs is an inside mid, he is not a priority but if Essendon were to let him go for 2nd rounder he deserves interest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hate wasting good picks on failed top draft picks. They usually hold some value still (but would you seriously offer a first for one of Essendon’s stuff ups if it wasn’t for their original draft number?), and the buyer often gets shafted.
A good example of that is Schache. Former no.2 pick that has just been delisted fom his third club.

howard's come good, tall stopper, could mark it a bit more but we don't need him to be anything else
I thought his last 2 months has been fine and he’s done his job without his usual brain fades .the fact we’re not talking about him shows he’s played a valuable part in our back line . It’s settled at the moment. Must keep him and just find the one replacement fur Battle.

Hunter clark has, in almost every respect, become luke dunstan mk2.

No tank, speed or spread- can only play ~50-60% time on ground.
But maddenly gets the pill ~20 times in half a game.

Not worth trading at this point- but FMD, can't we send him to the himalayas or something for 6 months to magically improve his aerobic capacity??!!

Keep an eye out for Jacob Konstanty From Sydney to the Saints. Can't break into the Sydney side and desperatley wants to play. Bit of a bolter in his draft year taken by former Sydney recruiter Simon Dalrymple.

Defensive Forward 177cm
Draft#20,2022 National Draft
Recruited FromDrouin (Vic)/Gippsland U18

Finished the NAB League season ranked second for tackles (81), while impressing with his relentless work-rate and tackle pressure inside 50.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back