List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Peter Ladhams seems gettable. Not a bad Campbell replacement.

If you bring in Houston you move Sinclair to full time mid.

But it's just too costly in terms of a top 10 pick.

Pretty sure the teams and Sinclair's improvement in the 2nd half of the season were related to pushing Sinclair back to the HBF.

Considering the capital we'd need to spend to get him, I'm a pass on Houston.

Media love to say “he can run” and miss every other exciting trait he has - leap, marking, finds the goals, smart. I still cannot believe he came with a second rounder.
I can't believe he's nowhere to be seen in the Rising Star calculations. A consistent high performer who played every game. Valuable at both ends of the ground. Not just racking up easy possessions across half back. Almost as big a slight as Marshall missing AA.....almost.

Sincs is a HBF I think they know that now
Apparently Houston thinks he’s a mid but can’t get a go at Port
No from me don’t need part time mids we need quality
Agreed. Every chance Houston is like Sincs - good for a short burst in the mid but average when playing there full time. And if that was the case, we'd have paid a ransom for a Bonner upgrade.

No thanks. Especially at his age.

Peter Ladhams seems gettable. Not a bad Campbell replacement.
Good call. He could see more opportunity to play alongside Marshall compared to Grundy since Ro is actually useful spending a chunk of the game up forward too.

Also, sign Battle up on 850k a year over 6 years, heavily front loaded over the first two seasons. Give him a trigger for a 7th if he plays 15 games in the 6th

Geelong actually pretty much did that in their flag year. Gave up the midfield to concentrate all their best players to attack off HB. Richmond barely competed in clearance but won three flags.

Lyon fetishised that Geelong flag side so don’t laugh. He’s also never really liked plodder one position mids preferring spread runners, two way mids or guys who can play more than one role.

Yeah mate the only issue is we don’t have a Patrick Dangerfield or a tax payer funded uneven oval home ground

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not opposed to Houston given the obvious talent. The only reason you'd do it is if you were trying to push NWN further afield to utilize his kicking.

I'd be happy with an offseason of Pick 7 (mid), Houston, Peatling & latter picks in (if Battle were to depart and we were to use his comp as part of the trade)

Players still on the chopping block:
Pato
Hayes
Crouch
Hotton
Membrey

Current commitments
Hall
Zebra

Currently 3 list places open.

Crouch has a contract for next season. He'll need to retire (entirely his own decision) to get that spot opened up.

Paton and Hayes are the watches for me. Paton in a world of trouble I would think.

Crouch has a contract for next season. He'll need to retire (entirely his own decision) to get that spot opened up.

Paton and Hayes are the watches for me. Paton in a world of trouble I would think.

Further , we probably need to pay him for the year, inclusive in the cap, if he does retire.

Peter Ladhams to backfill for Tom Campbell?

Jones, but I think he has changed his style of play a bit this year.

Gone - are those attempts to outrun everyone and do too much with the ball.

In - is quickly getting the ball out of the stoppages to a better option.
Both Jones and Howard have been coached this year to play within their capabilities - and its benefited both them and the team in general.

Howard is now not attempting to take on every other player, he is just not a candy seller, no longer has brain fades and isn't taking every single kick in the way he used to.
Jones has also tried not to take on/outrun every tackler, concentrated on the skills he does have and is taking a little more time to consider the best option, rather than just drop the ball onto his boot in hope. His defensive play has improved too.

I put that all down to coaching.

tkz7Pkg.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back