List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Media love to say “he can run” and miss every other exciting trait he has - leap, marking, finds the goals, smart. I still cannot believe he came with a second rounder.

He moves so fast that the dumb ol media don't see all the good stuff he's doing.

Future firsts have to be untouchable. We were a miracle kick away from finishing 14th and there’s no guarantee of finishing any higher next year. An injury to Steele or Sinclair and we’re in all sorts.

Untouchable mostly but young high upside players are probably the exception. I’d give up a high pick for LDU for example.

Hastie looks as though he will play wing & Scooner will play Battles role as the third tall, Sinclair is 30 next year, Webster 31 Houston has 5 years left in him barring injury.
You’d hope Houston isn’t playing Webster’s role. If Houston plays until 32, then presumably Sincs can too. So Houston will be 29 when Sincs retires.

Lobb and Ladhams… moist.

This sort of moist?

team america vomit GIF

Crouch has a contract for next season. He'll need to retire (entirely his own decision) to get that spot opened up.

Paton and Hayes are the watches for me. Paton in a world of trouble I would think.
I suppose with Crouch he could be used for coaching and mentoring if he can't get on the park. I dunno what the contract payout for early retirement is but it's would be a good segway into civilian life.
According to Stav, that was the offer made to Seb as of a little while ago.

Hayes and Pato may have some minor trade value. Hotton probably on a knife-edge.

Some apparent ITK said Timmy wasn't interested in moving clubs, and Stav reckons there's a 1 year deal been put to him.

There's a bit to play out with all those remaining guys. JVE, TC and Bonner were all a bit surprising to me but that brings more flexibility with the others.

I think we need an absolute minimum of 4 primary list spots available, 5 probably more ideal.

Tomlinson, Shiel, Jack Silvagni, Lobb, Ladhams.

Royal flush.

Not sure if posted. But the latest on Battle. 7 years is a bit much isn't it?

The offer is now relative to the pick we'd get in exchange.

Because our potential compo pick got worse, it makes more sense to offer him more. Losing him for pick 6 was ok so we had a good but not huge offer. Now it's pick 8 and worth a lot less, our offer increases relatively.

Also has some moderate goal kicking form. We could do worse, and as someone else said earlier, we seem to get deals done amicably with Sydney.
With Hanners...too amicably to be quite honest.

Membrey was an excellent deal though.
Shneids and Dempster were great, but I cannot remember the deals we did for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both Jones and Howard have been coached this year to play within their capabilities - and its benefited both them and the team in general.

Howard is now not attempting to take on every other player, he is just not a candy seller, no longer has brain fades and isn't taking every single kick in the way he used to.
Jones has also tried not to take on/outrun every tackler, concentrated on the skills he does have and is taking a little more time to consider the best option, rather than just drop the ball onto his boot in hope. His defensive play has improved too.

I put that all down to coaching.
Jones has lost his explosive pace which has turned out to be a blessing for him. It's a credit to him that's he's successfully remodelled his game .

Not sure if posted. But the latest on Battle. 7 years is a bit much isn't it?
Just good business. We up our offer to ensure we get band one if he leaves. He genuinely sounds torn. So if the hawks don’t match the contract he stays. Win win either way

Just good business. We up our offer to ensure we get band one if he leaves. He genuinely sounds torn. So if the hawks don’t match the contract he stays. Win win either way
He can still leave for less. If he really wants to play for them. He'll still be very well remunerated. We allowed him to become a UFA.

I don't think we will personally, but there's nothing stopping him.

I have no issues with Petracca the person but his age goes against everything we have been doing since Lyon arrived. To get him probably costs us 2 prime draft picks and is probably more likely to delay a flag that win us one. He’d get us memberships and hype but not sure he's the right fit for us.
To tell you the truth , I wouldn't be pulled to a game to watch him , but I would to see a prime Nas , Phillipou , Wilson , King -if he can get his act together , than some guy that thinks his brand is more important than the team.
Contracted till 2029 on over a million a year Melbourne can suffer having made a stupid decision signing him till he is 34.
I'd rather keep our first round picks for the draft or use them on a Warner type.

He and Oliver are sinking the Dees.
The Petracca saga is going to go on for ages, maybe even get legal.
You could understand his angst at the club initially, but he’s coming across as pretty precious now.

Can just hear Richo now…the situation is “very disappointing” 🙄
Having weak leadership from coaches and management causes problems - thats one thing we don't have with people like Lyon and Godard.
Pretty sure Lyon would of straightened out Oliver and Petracca and the likes - Billing went to Melbourne because he knew the vibe would be alot softer than under Lyon.

So you're basing this off what exactly? The club has been very adamant about going to the draft this year and not aiming for any high end trades.

Besides, this is just Houston's managers propping up interest. They know we dont have the extra draft capital or need for him.
Not sure where their is a benefit to Houstons manager in doing this, as Houston is contracted to Port and any discussion, or speculation wont change his contract terms with Port.

Keep Battle, get 1 of Parker or Mcrae and we are a solid chance of finals next year.
Got a good trade for you saints trade King to North and get back future 2nd rounder we give you LDU as I’m led to believe he wants out as Collingwood Carlton and Essendon are circling him and we get Saints future 1st.
You get LDU and a future 2nd you keep this year 1st and 2nd pick.
North get another forward and future 1st pick.
As much as you think you will get LDU for nothing next year the big clubs will swoop you.
A win win for both our clubs if all parties agree to it.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back