List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeap Houston is a gun but looks like we've found our excuse to not improve our midfeild again. Like clockwork.

He's no spring chicken. Give up a draft pick for him, and that pick only lasts 3 or 4 years. Get an 18yo and you "might" get a ten year player.

Disappointing to lose Josh, but players will come and go. Remember, we lost Plugger to Sydney and yet the club survived. Not only did we survive, but we went on to play in a grand final a few years later.

I’m more pissed off at the lack of transparency surrounding compensation picks. Like everything the AFL does, this is just another example of an organisation that lacks any integrity. clubs should be entitled to know what compensation they are likely to get when losing players to free agency. My gut feeling is that AFL will over-correct last year’s decision to award Norf pick 3 for that spud Ben McKay and hand us a band 2 compensation pick, even though it is obvious that Josh Battle is a far superior player.

I hope I’m wrong and we get the band 1 compensation which I believe we deserve, and I also hope Josh has done the right thing by the club and forced Hawthrorn to dig deeper and push their contract offer high enough to trigger the band 1 compensation.

73 games in 6 years would suggest he had plenty of injuries as well as being dropped while at Carlton.

Didn't mention Henry as his appearances in the mids are sporadic and he is only 23. Jones and Clark are significantly older, Jones 30, Clark 26.

21 to 23 Dow played 31 AFL games and 35 VFL games.
So not too many injuries there.

Great to hear.
As you say he barely ever posts, so could be mistaken for a troll by those who don’t know him - like me.

But more than happy to take your word for it and his mail.
Hope he’s correct.
Well he will tell what he knows as at now. Hopefully it is true in the future.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can anyone objectively summarise the role Battle played?

All I can summise is that he was agile and solid, strong in a contest, but had no leap and was not a good spolier.

Did not play tall for his height. Solid hands but no magic touch like Hill and Nas.

Bonus question, who among the remaining defenders including at Sandy, offers these traits?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sinclair missing out on a selection in the All Australian team, that's my interest in this joke of an awards night over and done with.

I could live with him missing, but Nick Blakey getting a gig in that backline seems a bit odd to me. His best is great but has some down games still. Ahh well.

Band 1 compo for Battle or we all throw water bottles at Andrew Dillon like Carlton fans.

I could live with him missing, but Nick Blakey getting a gig in that backline seems a bit odd to me. His best is great but has some down games still. Ahh well.

Band 1 compo for Battle or we all throw water bottles at Andrew Dillon like Carlton fans.
I'd take Blakey in the team over Luke freakin Ryan. Biggest statpadder in the game in the first half of the season then he disappeared completely when the going got tough later in the year.

Wilkie and Marshall not making the 44 is more egregious than Sinclair not making the AA team.
Marshall had to be a All Australian this year , his form been outstanding - even if he was picked on the bench.

Wilkie and Sinclair had a slow start to the season form wise , where Marshall produced every game just about - I predict Marshall will be in the top 8 in the Brownlow at a minimum.

rumour-
I was told Curtis taylor will be a saint in 2025

Are we really swallowing I’m leaving for family reasons when he’s probably accepting less. Even if it was for the same money ffs.
He’s leaving for himself anything else is bs.
Anyway like has been said 900000 is overs for Battle.

You wouldnt know what other back door deals have occurred. Players moving often involve dodgy third party deals to family members eg wife. Hawthorn would be no different to other clubs when it comes to bending the rules.

This board is going to be an absolute mess over the next few weeks, isn’t it? Then we will find out the actual Battle compensation…
The official decision for Josh Battles compensation will be posted on page 234 of this thread.....that's alot of bullshit to process. I'm pledging at least 20 posts, mostly outraged. or disappointed.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back