List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Left field idea here... Rather than trade Membrey, put him down back in Battles position. Ratten used to throw him back towards the end of quarters to stop red-time goals and he would regularly take multiple intercept marks
Honestly like it. I'd rather that than flip Caminiti or Keeler into the back line. Probably would extend his career by an extra year too.

Hammer's kicking is actually solid, he just has zero experience in defence so his decision making is horrible

All his turnovers are because of decision making - he doesn't miskick the ball as often as it may seem. Easy to train over a pre-season

Webster is already playing as defensive as you can get - 1v1 on the opposition's best small forward. He can't cover two players. Arie playing as a third tall at this stage is a pipe dream
Would be great if that turns out to be accurate re hammer. All for it if he can kick. Just haven’t seen much there yet technically or creatively so remain unconvinced.

Arie in certainly changes the dynamic, he’s a better defender than Bonner was already by a fair way and also x4 the kick so I’d be thrilled if he just took his 19 games next season playing bonners role.

Probably still space then for Hammer to be trialed back. Would need another defensive type in the team like McLennan.

Webster. Howard. Wilkie.
Sinclair. Caminiti. Shoenmaker.
Int: McLennan

NAS on ball

Not convinced at all by all that but we’ve got options

Would be great if that turns out to be accurate re hammer. All for it if he can kick. Just haven’t seen much there yet technically or creatively so remain unconvinced.

Arie in certainly changes the dynamic, he’s a better defender than Bonner was already by a fair way and also x4 the kick so I’d be thrilled if he just took his 19 games next season playing bonners role.

Probably still space then for Hammer to be trialed back. Would need another defensive type in the team like McLennan.

Webster. Howard. Wilkie.
Sinclair. Caminiti. Shoenmaker.
Int: McLennan

NAS on ball

Not convinced at all by all that but we’ve got options
Hammer doesn't need to be creative. Look at Jake Lever - elite interceptor but average ball user. As long as our half backs, Wilkie, and Arie are all back there, we don't have to have more users

Need Arie to improve his overhead marking and get his defensive craft to at least an ok level. Then I'd be happy to play him. We'll see over pre-season

Has BF decided who we want as a replacement ruck?
All aboard the Soldo train. Could easily fit him & Roma who can rest forward.
Not an FA so cost is a question.
I think Port paid a third rounder for him so surely they can't ask for any more than that. Hopefully just a fodder pick 60+ that doesn't have any DVI value

If Josh compo is end of Round 1:
Is it before or after the North freebies at #19 and #20 ?
If there’s more than one end of Round 1 compo, how are they ranked?
It’s after your own pick.
We have pick 7 so a first round pick is pick 8.
It’s all based off your own draft pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah that’s band 1. Band 2 is end of first round and they order them by ladder position. Not sure if it’ll be before or after north’s picks, but probably after.
Yeah, not sure either. FAs just go on ladder position if there are multiple end of first. I suspect that the fact clubs purchased them off North would mean they need a degree of certainty with what they were getting

Thought Hammer down back was for development like they did with Cooper a year or two back.

Neither are backs in my opinion. Need to recruit a Battle replacement and maybe draft a key defender.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wouldn’t have got Phillipou though. I’m happy with how it worked out.
We would have found a way to get McKenzie and keep pick 10.

However the whole draft selection would have changed, we match for McKenzie, then they take Pou and we take a high selection @ 10

So the question is would you take Pou over McKenzie and pick 10?

We would have found a way to get McKenzie and keep pick 10.

However the whole draft selection would have changed, we match for McKenzie, then they take Pou and we take a high selection @ 10

So the question is would you take Pou over McKenzie and pick 10?

theres no way we would have kept 10 unless we traded our future first

theres no way we would have kept 10 unless we traded our future first
Course we would have, we would have got points from traded in 3rd and 4th rounders like every other NGA recipient does.

We wouldn't have Van Es, Hotton or Keeler probably but the have had no impact and Van Es is delisted

The only thing i have any hope about is that our defensive unit and system is pretty solid.

Arie makes the most sense long term as a replacement. Battle and Wilkie had great chemistry to play as 2nd and 3rd defenders and zone off. Tomlinson makes sense as a stop gap if Arie needs some time to develop but youre right no two ways about it, Battle going hurts.

I probably tend to agree here, can see Caminiti filling a gap at CHB but it won’t be to exactly the same role or intercepting type as Battle. I wonder whether they chuck McLennan in at times as a mid sized defender to try build some structure in.

I suspect they probably want to get another 2-3 years development into Schoey to work on positioning and reading the play defensively which will take time.

I think it’s clear list management are starting to really take a 5+ year view and happy to churn over 25+, wherever there is capital, to build a list around our younger core.

I probably tend to agree here, can see Caminiti filling a gap at CHB but it won’t be to exactly the same role or intercepting type as Battle. I wonder whether they chuck McLennan in at times as a mid sized defender to try build some structure in.

I suspect they probably want to get another 2-3 years development into Schoey to work on positioning and reading the play defensively which will take time.

I think it’s clear list management are starting to really take a 5+ year view and happy to churn over 25+, wherever there is capital, to build a list around our younger core.
Sorry to say this but they got rid of Ratten because of under achieving and currently we have a strong squad than what he had.
Battle leaving is unforturnate but it is not as though the team will collaspse without him.

Our team at the moment did under perform but when you take into account we lost around 7 games by under 10 points just shows how our team who really never got it together could of easily played finals being just 2 wins from finals.

We beat the Swans , Lost to GWS by a point , Beat the Cats , Beat Carlton , Lost to Power by 2 points , Lost to the Hawks by 5 points.
However got flogged by the Dogs and Lions --- so it goes to show the teams are all close ability wise.

We have massive upside with guys like Sharman , Phillipou showing they can dominate a game even though it was only one or 2 games they are going to improve.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back