List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh man I have no buddies on here …

Lonely Loser GIF by Travis
We can be friends after you bring me news of Andrew Bassat slicing of a considerable portion of his Seek.com stock to get Langford and Lalor to tank the draft combine and into the RWB

Just goes to show that trying to read a player's mental state from the sidelines is a fool's errand. So often this year I have read about Collard looking "sulky", "checked out", "uninterested", etc.
To be fair, it doesn’t mean he’s now good to go and that he can keep that up. I’m very happy he’s committed. Looking forward to see him flying in the track in December

Your content is mostly great, you care about the club and you have made very valuable contributions to this forum.

I don't see why you need to revert to peacocking so regularly though. The look and me look at me stuff us pretty unnecessary imo. By all means, keep doing it if it gives you power and happiness. My opinion is we've had Trouts and Pelicans strike out over the years, we dont need Peacocks either.
Not to mention Flamingos. What is it with birds on this site?

Some people are born with innate competitiveness agreed.

I don't agree it can't be improved though. Higgins has improved in this area, his tackling, pressure and work rate is now more than acceptable where as previously it was sub par.

Milne went from very poor to acceptable in that area as well.
I'll concede that we all have a range of competitiveness, some people hate to lose at a game of Uno or Conkers, other need a rev up and improve, I'll concede that he may be like Scrimshaw who showed plenty of talent at the Suns but no desire and has improved at the Hawks.

I'll concede that all I have seen of him is when I've watched the game on the box and have no idea what he's like inside the club. So I might well be wrong. I'll just say that I've never seen a more disinterested footballer even in bush footy. Maybe he really wants to be at West Coast and the extra years are just a way of getting more of the Eagles in a trade. He'd never get a game in any time I've played in, well one and then he'd be asked to leave.

I believe the Collard extension has been done with the thinking we hold trade power if he requests after showing something
If there was any immediate danger of him wanting to leave I think it would be strange for him to sign for three years. Would be easier to wait 12 months and then go. I see it as a sign of confidence on both sides. Hill staying on possibly played a part as well.

Three years for Collard. Massive.
FMD, I canot see on his body of work to date how Collard gets a 3 year deal. Allison 2.0

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Owens has played 53 games. If the verdict is not yet in, it'll be in pretty soon.
He is only 20. Was widely considered a mid by prospective recruiters a few short years ago.

Lyon seems set on him being a forward, hopefully he has got it right and everybody else is wrong.

Personally I don't buy that a contested ball pig has no potential to become an excellent mid.

who is this curtis taylor from nth melb any good

No worries mate.

I’m the one sharing the info. I’m the one getting attacked when people hate it/disagree etc etc.

I’m also an active poster and have been for a number of years.

It isn’t a heap of fun posting something. Logging off. Coming back to 30+ notifications and some people are wildly having a crack. Or posters who disappeared come back on to have a crack directly at you saying you are full of shit - so when it comes out that it’s correct. Why shouldn’t I highlight that?
Put them all on ignore Stav... you won't miss what most of cheap shot artists post when they do decide to grace us with their presence. 99% of it its whining about the same shit that they're whined about for the last 5 years.

We've lost too many quality posters over the years for exactly this same thing.

I wouldn't know what's its like up there on that podium mate, I'm just a little nobody. I suppose if you put your name up in lights, you should expect all sorts of attention, good and bad.

People are going to love you, hate you and some won't care less about you. I suppose I prefer the humble respectful way of life, but to each their own. You do you, if that means highlighting to everyone that you are amazing, then go for it, just not my cup of tea.

As you were...
Yeah it'd be a much better forum if people who hear stuff keep it to themselves.

He is only 20. Was widely considered a mid by prospective recruiters a few short years ago.

Lyon seems set on him being a forward, hopefully he has got it right and everybody else is wrong.

Personally I don't buy that a contested ball pig has no potential to become an excellent mid.
If he shows one touch potential in congestion he might become a midfielder. Atm he seems a bit fumbly around a contest. Only 20 so there’s plenty of time to find out. He has shown a lot as a HF.

FMD, I canot see on his body of work to date how Collard gets a 3 year deal. Allison 2.0

Lance's performances back in WA and the little flashes of brilliance that he's shown at Sandy have him in front of Allison by the length of the Flemington straight.

It read as potential extension, of which Allison had little to none left.

Butler will be 30 in 2026, Lance will be 21, so, of course lance should have the longer contract if you expect that he'll be the replacement at present for one of Butler or Higgins being on a downward trend.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back