List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, I’m generally in favour of avoiding bringing in more short term maturity from elsewhere and focus on the future, but giving him away for zilch is only giving a leg up for his destination club 👎
We have no say on whether he leaves or not, and if he does it'll be for zilch. He's unrestricted and unless he just wants to stay here on whatever we offer he'll sign elsewhere and we'll get nothing in return. No is trading for him btw.

No worries mate.

I’m the one sharing the info. I’m the one getting attacked when people hate it/disagree etc etc.

I’m also an active poster and have been for a number of years.

It isn’t a heap of fun posting something. Logging off. Coming back to 30+ notifications and some people are wildly having a crack. Or posters who disappeared come back on to have a crack directly at you saying you are full of shit - so when it comes out that it’s correct. Why shouldn’t I highlight that?

Personally I like what you bring here mate. Not many other posters have similar insights.

Maybe there is sometimes a degree of I told you so etc...

But I just don't know why people care enough to be bothered by it. (Maybe that goes 2 ways as well but I get your point on it being annoying)

Last edited:
How’s this for an idea?
We get Mason Wood to adopt our academy players and any Saints supporting draftees and bring them in as f/s’s?
And that’s why I’m on the big money 💰

No worries mate.

I’m the one sharing the info. I’m the one getting attacked when people hate it/disagree etc etc.

I’m also an active poster and have been for a number of years.

It isn’t a heap of fun posting something. Logging off. Coming back to 30+ notifications and some people are wildly having a crack. Or posters who disappeared come back on to have a crack directly at you saying you are full of shit - so when it comes out that it’s correct. Why shouldn’t I highlight that?
Keep it coming Stav or feel free to join my Telegram group. I’m a fan

I believe the Collard extension has been done with the thinking we hold trade power if he requests after showing something
Spot on.

Every chance he does play senior football over the next three years. There could potentially be the go home factor. However, The Saints sound like a wonderful environment and workplace for the indigenous players. You can’t put a dollar value on that. Club seems to be doing very well off the field and this hasn’t always been the case.

There actually has not been any solid proof that Lance was wanting to go home. It was all speculation. In saying that, I was not expecting three years, so that’s a wonderful commitment from club and player.

Yeah it'd be a much better forum if people who hear stuff keep it to themselves.
What a strange comment to make based on my assertion that Stav has great info and is a great contributor, if not for some unnecessary (in my opinion) peacocking when he feels the need to give everyone an 'I told you I told you' when it comes true.

Barking up the wrong tree if you are looking for a tussle. As you were...

Amazingly I have some trade news and not a 5 page pissing contest about if a bloke should confirm his info from 3 months ago was correct or not....

Think it was mentioned but Jake on SaintsTV mentioned Curtis Taylor has a two year contract in front of him from us.

He said North supporters said he was talented but lazy and unfocussed. Basically a free hit at a small forward/mid that Lyon and assistants can get to work on.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a strange comment to make based on my assertion that Stav has great info and is a great contributor, if not for some unnecessary (in my opinion) peacocking when he feels the need to give everyone an 'I told you I told you' when it comes true.

Barking up the wrong tree if you are looking for a tussle. As you were...
Nah no beef with you Jackal.

My simple point being that we have numerous posters leave the forum over the years for exactly what people are accusing Stav of. Don't think its peacocking IMO... its more like a bit of a F.U to those who attack him for posting it in the first place.

I personally don't understand it. For every Johnny Numbers and Flamingo that were obviously speaking through their ar5e re: inside words there is a Rahul, Brian or Stav that clearly do hear stuff with some validity.

Sadly some people can't handle that & take it upon themselves to personally attack rather than offer an alternative view.

It happens every year around this time too.

It’s only a two year extension. He was leading Sandy’s goal kicking with out even trying. He’s pretty talented
I read on the internet opinions about Collard in his draft year that suggested he has the tools to be the pick of the 23 draft pool.
I look forward to that opinion becoming fact.

Last edited:
I read on the internet opinions about Collard in his draft year that suggested he has the tools to be pick the 23 draft pool.
I look forward to that opinion becoming fact.
Agreed. Got all the talent in the world and I reckon Ross and the saints are the perfect place for him to show those talents.

Amazingly I have some trade news and not a 5 page pissing contest about if a bloke should confirm his info from 3 months ago was correct or not....

Think it was mentioned but Jake on SaintsTV mentioned Curtis Taylor has a two year contract in front of him from us.

He said North supporters said he was talented but lazy and unfocussed. Basically a free hit at a small forward/mid that Lyon and assistants can get to work on.

Warnies nephew and has ties with Mason Wood. Was also in the AFL academy with Tarryn Thomas... conspiracy theorists, assemble!

Glad we got some good news to get this thread back on track, let's keep it that way now.

Didn't expect 3 years for Collard, good signs and a show of faith from both parties really. He wants to be here and we want him here, so hopefully we cal make the most of it and help him reach his potential - could be anything from the glimpses of talent we've seen.

The 2 year deal for Sharman makes sense from the perspective of his camp but I hope we hold onto him in the long term, easily become one of my favourite players of the last couple of years.

He is only 20. Was widely considered a mid by prospective recruiters a few short years ago.

Lyon seems set on him being a forward, hopefully he has got it right and everybody else is wrong.

Personally I don't buy that a contested ball pig has no potential to become an excellent mid.
Fact, gun mids are often full time mids in juniors, takes years to train skills, positioning, awareness etc.

Owens was a small forward in juniors, after a growth spurt, played wing in the final year with a couple of stint in the midfield. I’m not saying he can’t be a mid, but just because he is big, competitive and strong doesn’t make him a midfielder.. His skill is seriously under whelming, maybe a little better than Jason Daniels.. with a poor kicking action and not much midfield craft and nous..

He can still train it, he looks lost in the midfield when not in the ruck. That’s why the coaches are putting him forward, because it’s where he is most comfortable and effective in..

Coming out of contract .... will North delist him?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back