List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

I refuse to have my expectations of Garcia tempered. We haven't had a GOAT around here since the almighty Blake Acres.

I propose Garcia is known henceforth as HUGOAT.

In seriousness the kid is a tracking beautifully. Can see him playing some half forward at AFL level next year until he add a few KGs but ultimately should be a full time mid. He has all the traits. Can do the grunt work with tackling and pressure, win his own ball, good pace and a touch of class and vision with ball in hand. Hope the coaches invest heavily in his development this pre season.
HUGOAT GOATCIA or just HUGOATCIA

I’m not trolling at all.. also being taken out of context here a bit. Try responding to what I’ve actually said instead of straw-manning.

My point is I think Garcia projects as a high-half forward rather than a midfielder due to his attributes and production. Thats also a very important role as we have seen with the rise of GWS and Hawks recently.

Let’s not immediately frame him as a midfielder just because thats what he was drafted as, same idea as Mitch Owens just because he was a mid as a junior doesn’t mean he will be at AFL level.

No one’s calling for Hugo to be delisted he has shown promise of-course but I’m just calling it as I see it .

Cheers, HS

You have either never watched Garcia play or have absolutely no concept of how football works. Can’t work out which one it is yet.

Also, you probably think you are supporting the kid by saying comparisons to Lenny Hayes and Nick Daicos etc. you’re actually not it put unnecessary pressure on or worse yet can inflate their ego to think they’re already at the level. Why do you think Ross steers away from talking up and praising individuals when asked by the media.

We shall all be like this when Garcia goes all Godzilla ego upon us forumites.
Stay Calm Chill Out GIF by Stan.

King is not psychologically built for the glamour forward role. Hugo is a flint hard, ambitious kid who knows he's only as good as the work he puts in. It's like the primped bayside private school boy versus the western suburbs kid who knows he would be working a shit job if his footy doesn't take off. Doubt he takes anything for granted and will thrive with a game built on work ethic.
Sorry, that’s such a crock.
Many kids, including my own, went to private schools, and that is such a generalisation.
Character and personalities differ, and that’s got nothing to do with where someone went to school.

Expecting to be the solo saviour in a success-starved club from the day he walked into it, would place enormous pressure on anyone’s shoulders, let alone one who doesn’t appear to have any figjam about him.

He can take a grab. 6 foot 2 so possibly earmarked as Membrey replacement.
Can’t be easy playing as a NM forward

If Wood says yes, by all means go for it.
Think I heard somewhere he said no to TT.
I trust his judgement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not trolling at all.. also being taken out of context here a bit. Try responding to what I’ve actually said instead of straw-manning.

My point is I think Garcia projects as a high-half forward rather than a midfielder due to his attributes and production. Thats also a very important role as we have seen with the rise of GWS and Hawks recently.

Let’s not immediately frame him as a midfielder just because thats what he was drafted as, same idea as Mitch Owens just because he was a mid as a junior doesn’t mean he will be at AFL level.

No one’s calling for Hugo to be delisted he has shown promise of-course but I’m just calling it as I see it .

Cheers, HS
I don't know why you are being panned for this. I have been an unashamed Hugo fan since first laying eyes on him in the pre-season, but I think it's a realistic opinion to have at this stage of his career, even if not everyone agrees. If he develops into a gun high half-forward who can roll through the middle in the Moore/Daniels mould, that's a perfectly good outcome and fills a key role that has been highlighted by our forward connection issues. We probably had Henry earmarked for it but Garcia shows a bit more composure ball in hand IMO.

Hopefully he does end up as a full-time mid and I am one of those that believe he will, but for a guy who has played four full games of AFL, your guess is as good as mine. I think we can all at least agree that he should never wear the sub vest again.

Had a thorough look over at the Curtis Taylor thread on the North board and the take aways were .....

That he can cover a lot of distance ... runs hard ... but barely gets above 20 possessions ... is a very good mark with a bit if x factor and has an eye for goal ... he is very suited up to play permanently forward but rarely did .... has good vision but tends to go for thr millionaire kick rather than the smarter option .... but has the skills to pull it off... but not always

Has a tendency to fumble and also not keep his feet in a contest .... this was the biggest gripe amongst North supporters ..... also that he would have an excellent game only to follow it up with a nothing game .... so consistency issues ... always promised to break out ... but never did

Has not put on any muscle since he was drafted ... skinny rake ..... doesn't look like he has stepped inside a gym ..... so was too easily brushed aside when laying a tackle .... and wasnt a super fast either

Some North supporters thought he was worth persevering with ... compared him a bit to Wood ... others not so much and are happy to move him out

I think we are woo’d by anyone who puts in effort but Ive not seen much other than some good VFL form.. Paddy Dow had that too
wtf
unbelievable
Also, you probably think you are supporting the kid by saying comparisons to Lenny Hayes and Nick Daicos etc. you’re actually not it put unnecessary pressure on or worse yet can inflate their ego to think they’re already at the level. Why do you think Ross steers away from talking up and praising individuals when asked by the media.
yes
ross would never give any praise
not even behind closed doors
in fact he just yells at them all and says they're all crap to motivate them
Barks4eva is that you?
barks hangs here?

havent seen him since 09 perhaps?
Funny how everyone agrees Hugo will be playing Half Forward next year after all the outrage
everyone?

like, every poster?

or every saints poster?

He can take a grab. 6 foot 2 so possibly earmarked as Membrey replacement.
Can’t be easy playing as a NM forward

Timbo plays like a KPPand generally marks like one. I think Curtis will be more a classy / showboat type HFF. I’m not sure whose role he would be taking to be honest. Philippou plays even more mid minutes? Henry plays more mid and wing minutes? Wilson more wing?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back