List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

why would the Swans trade Finn Callahan?

I'm not sure GWS would be happy if they did

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app
😂 what a shocker! I had clearly had Swans on the brain after their epic win! As one eyed as I am, my Mums side of the family were one eyed South Melb.

I'll do the sneaky edit now so my idiocy isn't written in stone!

I’d offer up next years first for Houston.
This years draft crop is strong so keep 7&8 and cash in on the draft talent this year.

I’d say pretty well every other club in the league would think we will finish a bottom 6-8 club next year , so offering our first could look an attractive gamble.
If we know next year's draft is weak, what makes you think Port doesn't know and would take one crappy pick for a dual.AA?

Anyway he is worth at least two firsts with one a top ten.
Also he is contracted for years, Port will.just say piss off.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we know next year's draft is weak, what makes you think Port doesn't know and would take one crappy pick for a dual.AA?

The whole next year's draft is weak is said every year. I think it'll be strong, dominated by NGAs and father sons it seems. Hopefully others in the open draft stand up which inevitably will happen.

I'm not overly interested in Houston, but I'm all for trading next year's first into this year. A team could be banking on us to have pick 7 next year and I'd hope that we're pick 12+.

I'd hope we are floating pick 8 and next year's to every club and seeing what comes of it. That's definitely what I'd do.

Giants will want to hold onto him but we should be making a serious play for James Peatling. He will be a starting midfielder in our side. Also not sure when I heard it but we were interested in Finn Callaghan, worth asking the question if he is 'home-sick' wants to come back to bayside. No one would be complain if we used the Josh Battle compo on him.
I think his parents are still big saints fans and he was a big saints fan…it would be one to target end of next year when he is out of contract.

LDU and Callahan in end of 2025 and two nice mids in the draft this year…all of a sudden we are on

The whole next year's draft is weak is said every year. I think it'll be strong, dominated by NGAs and father sons it seems. Hopefully others in the open draft stand up which inevitably will happen.

I'm not overly interested in Houston, but I'm all for trading next year's first into this year. A team could be banking on us to have pick 7 next year and I'd hope that we're pick 12+.

I'd hope we are floating pick 8 and next year's to every club and seeing what comes of it. That's definitely what I'd do.
Don't know if it is weak or not, just saying we will trade next years first for a player if it is doesn't make sense.

1. Wouldn’t pay two firsts, I suggested pick 8 which many on here still wouldn’t give up.
2. Has played a lot of midfield and was only pushed out because port are ridiculously stacked in there. Then became an AA halfback
Has played a lot of midfield? He averages 1.5 clearances per game (0.3 center clearances) over his career along with 3.7 rebound 50s and 5.6 intercepts. The most center clearances he's ever averaged was 0.6 last year. If he ever played a lot of midfield, he wasn't very good at it

Would costs two firsts for a dual AA HBF'er and I believe he is worth that much.
Excellent player.
However he is not the right fit for our team.

Obviously a much better hbf than a mid. We tried Sinclair as a mid and he also became an AA off half back.
Spending scarce and valuable draft capital on the leagues best Half back and then try to shoehorn him into a position he was forced out of as a mid, to me does not sound like a good or sensible strategy.
Remember when we tried Brad Hill off a wing? Everyone wanted him gone.

Houston AA x 2 contracted for 5 more years, will command minimum a top ten plus another frdp.

Oh I don’t think we’re much of a chance of getting him, more just pointing out the fact that this thread is absurdly picky with the players they would trade in.

Call me crazy, I think when and if a star player wants to come to your club you should try and make it happen. Beggars can’t be choosers.

Everyone in here seems convinced two mid-first round picks will solve our midfield problems, I’m sorry but it’s more likely they will be busts than stars.

Oh I don’t think we’re much of a chance of getting him, more just pointing out the fact that this thread is absurdly picky with the players they would trade in.

Call me crazy, I think when and if a star player wants to come to your club you should try and make it happen. Beggars can’t be choosers.

Everyone in here seems convinced two mid-first round picks will solve our midfield problems, I’m sorry but it’s more likely they will be busts than stars.
Just like Nas,Pou and Wilso

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good I don’t want him, it’s a crazy departure from the script and will take us nowhere.

Its very unusual for teams to gamble on where other teams will finish next year.
They have a draft pick THIS year , so they need some motivation not to use that draft pick.
If they do want to move that draft pick there is no reason to gamble , they will get overs for it from someone.

Good I don’t want him, it’s a crazy departure from the script and will take us nowhere.
You know, we got saved from ourselves by the AFL when Lethlean and Gallagher had a huge hard on for Ben King. Thankfully the AFL's corruption giving him and Lukocious ( or whatever TF his name is) 600k outside the SC to keep them at that failed experiment GC stopped us getting King and we got Naz and Pou instead.

I think our recruiting team and coach are more sensible in strategy nowadays and Houston is not on our agenda.

As an aside would be ironic if we got Lukocious (sic) after all.and not King.

I would like to see us trade for Lukosious, Peatling and Soldo,
Draft 2 mids at 7&8
Take academy kids Cole & Hoffman
FS Peckett
And I would be extremely happy
If it worked out that way, not many would complain( but I am sure some would)

You know, we got saved from ourselves by the AFL when Lethlean and Gallagher had a huge hard on for Ben King. Thankfully the AFL's corruption giving him and Lukocious ( or whatever TF his name is) 600k outside the SC to keep them at that failed experiment GC stopped us getting King and we got Naz and Pou instead.

I think our recruiting team and coach are more sensible in strategy nowadays and Houston is not on our agenda.

As an aside would be ironic if we got Lukocious (sic) after all.and not King.

Thank goodness. Don't know if I could stomach 2 Kings running around chewing up 2m of our cap.

I'll back SOS Dalrymple to make the right decisions in 100%.
You would think we're more likely to end up with 3 first rounders then Dan Houston.

I won’t back SOS in, he’s proven to be a shrewd trader of picks but his history of poor draft selections (even when loaded with very high picks) and offering up way overs for b grade players (pick 11 for Tomlinson) plus his history of blinkers on recruiting from his former clubs scares the shit out of me. I don’t know the specifics but I pray that he doesn’t have the final say in ANY of our trade targets or drafting decisions.
Great guy, very footy smart but should never have been given control of our list.

Whichever big fish we’re chasing must either still be playing finals or just knocked out.
96-rory-lobb-hayden-young.jpg

We aren't beggars...at all

I won’t back SOS in, he’s proven to be a shrewd trader of picks but his history of poor draft selections (even when loaded with very high picks) and offering up way overs for b grade players (pick 11 for Tomlinson) plus his history of blinkers on recruiting from his former clubs scares the shit out of me. I don’t know the specifics but I pray that he doesn’t have the final say in ANY of our trade targets or drafting decisions.
Great guy, very footy smart but should never have been given control of our list.
Dalrymple should be experienced enough to tell SOS to back off at draft time. Or at least, I hope he is.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back