List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

I won’t back SOS in, he’s proven to be a shrewd trader of picks but his history of poor draft selections (even when loaded with very high picks) and offering up way overs for b grade players (pick 11 for Tomlinson) plus his history of blinkers on recruiting from his former clubs scares the shit out of me. I don’t know the specifics but I pray that he doesn’t have the final say in ANY of our trade targets or drafting decisions.
Great guy, very footy smart but should never have been given control of our list.

If i got the job of Talent Identification and Player Movement Manager, i wouldn't be there long if SOS kept overriding me.

I would like to see us trade for Lukosious, Peatling and Soldo,
Draft 2 mids at 7&8
Take academy kids Cole & Hoffman
FS Peckett
And I would be extremely happy 😃

That would be a very good off season to bring those 3 trades in and still retain our first 2 picks. Only saw a bit of Cole in the VFL but looked like he needed to fix up his ball drop and kicking, looked like he had great speed and athleticism for a tall though, came off his man a few times and covered the ground super quick.

I know some have snubbed the idea of Tomlinson but if he was cheap (say a future 3rd) he'd be an upgrade on Cordy.

I won’t back SOS in, he’s proven to be a shrewd trader of picks but his history of poor draft selections (even when loaded with very high picks) and offering up way overs for b grade players (pick 11 for Tomlinson) plus his history of blinkers on recruiting from his former clubs scares the shit out of me. I don’t know the specifics but I pray that he doesn’t have the final say in ANY of our trade targets or drafting decisions.
Great guy, very footy smart but should never have been given control of our list.
SOS has nothing to do with drafting. his joh is purely making sure the list is up to scratch and the contracts are in good position.

SOS will back dalrymple in to do the draft and I would find it very hard to believe that he would over ride anyone. his job on the night would be to maximise our draft position as well. not who we select

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think (and hope) this is the reason why talent identification was specifically included in Guggy's and Dalrymple's portfolios.
Last 2 years indicate our talant acquisition is working well so fingers crossed it continues.

SOS has nothing to do with drafting. his joh is purely making sure the list is up to scratch and the contracts are in good position.

SOS will back dalrymple in to do the draft and I would find it very hard to believe that he would over ride anyone. his job on the night would be to maximise our draft position as well. not who we select

Thats all well and good if Dalrymple has picks to work with! Although Im confident with Allen, Dalrymple & Lyon around SOS they will find the right mix. Id be disappointed if the club traded out any of our draft picks this year, the talent depth is through the roof and we could pluck a top 20 player as deep as pick #50. Obviously if Cole & Peckett get bid on things will change, but even then Id be hoping for the club to trade back into the draft to grab dedicated player in and around those picks.

People wanting to trade out of this draft simply dont have an appreciation of how bloody good it really is!

Last edited:

Chris Toce would disagree with you.

Toce left because we gave his job to Dalrymple

No something went on with Toce, he was moved on before Dalrymple. SOS has plenty of priors for not getting along with staff at other clubs, he is a very prickly character and would be hard to work for. Either way Toce will get a chance to become a recruiting star if he nails the draft for the Tigers this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not really in the 'Get Houston' camp. I respect he's a gun player but in IMO he's a rung below elite. A great kick but more HB than a genuine mid. I'm okay with coughing up a couple of first rounders for an A grade mid that's in their prime, like LDU, but not so much where Houston is concerned. If that's the best we can do then I'd rather we take the picks to the draft.

Ironically we've joked on here for years about having a team of half backs and we are considering trading for an AA half back when we already have two AA- standard half backs in the team.

As an aside it's interesting that we beat both the Qualifying Final winners in the lead up to the finals. It kinda franks our end of season form.

You guys are all mental
How many top 10 picks end up as busts? Bloody heaps of them! Getting a guaranteed gun with the battle pick would be a great result, as the alternative could be a Nick coffield size or pot of gold.
Houston is a very good player (on par with both Sinclair and nas). He would give us the most potent attacking backline in the comp. It's already one of our strengths so why not turn it into an out and out weapon.
The very best coaches don't copy other game plans, they develop one that suits their list. Our list has good runners and excellent distributors off half back so let's use that to become the team to beat. Let other teams start copying how we play, I say!
Use one top pick on a mid, trade for Houston and see what happens.

On Pixel 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

But seriously, his end of the season form would be the best available replacement for Battle.
To be fair, I haven't seen much of his recent work.

He is 31 though and I reckon we need to be finding/exposing tall defenders for the future, would rather we persist with Cordy if we need a stop gap.

Last edited:
Would be our best midfielder. Steele has become pedestrian, Crouch has one leg and the rest are either no good or too young.

He’d be better than Dow and Clark if he can get back to his form of a few years ago. His form this year (when he’s even gotten a game) has been decent/average.

He’s averaging 18 disposals and a goal once every 4 games. His contested possessions are down this year, his tackles are down this year, we’d be hoping this year is a blip and not just his career winding down.

He’d be better than Dow and Clark if he can get back to his form of a few years ago. His form this year (when he’s even gotten a game) has been decent/average.

He’s averaging 18 disposals and a goal once every 4 games. His contested possessions are down this year, his tackles are down this year, we’d be hoping this year is a blip and not just his career winding down.

His stats more to do with how crazy Bevo is using him

No something went on with Toce, he was moved on before Dalrymple. SOS has plenty of priors for not getting along with staff at other clubs, he is a very prickly character and would be hard to work for. Either way Toce will get a chance to become a recruiting star if he nails the draft for the Tigers this year.
If this years draft is strong and even and Tigers get the plethora of picks suggested how does he fail

You guys are all mental
How many top 10 picks end up as busts? Bloody heaps of them! Getting a guaranteed gun with the battle pick would be a great result, as the alternative could be a Nick coffield size or pot of gold.
Houston is a very good player (on par with both Sinclair and nas). He would give us the most potent attacking backline in the comp. It's already one of our strengths so why not turn it into an out and out weapon.
The very best coaches don't copy other game plans, they develop one that suits their list. Our list has good runners and excellent distributors off half back so let's use that to become the team to beat. Let other teams start copying how we play, I say!
Use one top pick on a mid, trade for Houston and see what happens.

On Pixel 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
Plenty of top 10 picks fail, that’s why we need two of them. Any half decent recruiter should get at least one right. Nail both and we’re potentially set for the next decade.

His stats more to do with how crazy Bevo is using him

Could well be, a few players not happy with Beveridge from what the media are running with, but even still you’d want more than what he’s offered so far. It’s a buyers market for Macrae that’s for sure though, it’d be his worst year ever you’d reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back