List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Was with some people with Richmond connections at GF day so I’ll pass on what I was told for your Sunday morning reading (dis)pleasure;

Richmond likely to get pick 6 and more for Rioli. Perfect storm for Richmond: former coach, wants to win now instead of hitting the draft and GC have great draft capital.

I feel like I’ve been gaslight by the media saying Rioli is worth pick 6 in the draft but there you go.

Ivan also not a big fan of Adelaide as well, not just his missus. Boring city and as a result, a big punting culture within the team (nothing else to do?).
Rioli is about to win Richmond’s B&F so that’s awkward and GC must break the curse and play finals. Personally I think the tigers are in for a world of pain trading out so many will result in north like results but I can live with that. Hardwick is right to think about today rather than the future, imo he can’t be happy with a team that can’t win away and has never played finals. Keep that up and he’ll wind up with a knife in his back and a big stain on his coaching record.

I really don’t care who gets what there are only so many picks before ours and it’s all about who we pick.

Rioli is a great get but what GC really needs is goal kickers, especially with Sam Day retired, Casboult well into his twilight years and Lukosius on the move.

They will continue to ply games into Jed Walter, but they could probably really use a Membrey type as well.

No disrespect at all, and I thought he did a pretty decent job overall, but Darcy Fort is a premiership ruckman.

Get us a damn midfield please

I thought Fort did a really good job he had 4 good clearances himself 2 of which resulted in goals. Grundy wont he hit outs but it eventuated to zip because of Brisbanes midfield dominance. Sydney were physically insipid there was not ounce of aggression or fight to take the game to Brisbane. Longmire should have coached his last game for the Swans they cant keep serving up that rubbish they have in GF's.

Rioli is a great get but what GC really needs is goal kickers, especially with Sam Day retired, Casboult well into his twilight years and Lukosius on the move.

They will continue to ply games into Jed Walter, but they could probably really use a Membrey type as well.
They do not need goalkickers, they were completely fine when without Day, Luko, Casboult latter part of this season

They have Walter, King, Andrew as their tall forwards with Humphrey as a hybrid fwd. They might need a bit more depth but quality is not a priority. Their ball movement from defensive half was one of the worst parts of their game this year so I'm pretty sure the list managers know what they're doing

Spot on.

Marshall adds so much around the ground and in clearance himself. The thought of moving him out of the spot that he impacts the most so someone can tap the ball slightly more makes zero sense.

Marshall’s shitty low mongrel punt clearances are rubbish, and he was told mid season to stop trying to do that at every around the ground ball up because it was detrimental to our game. I’ve said this for years and have been shit on numerous times, Ro is a great follower but a poor ruckman.
He’s not solely to blame for our clearance issues though, our midfield is rubbish too.
We are not becoming a good side until we fix both issues.

Marshall’s shitty low mongrel punt clearances are rubbish, and he was told mid season to stop trying to do that at every around the ground ball up because it was detrimental to our game. I’ve said this for years and have been shit on numerous times, Ro is a great follower but a poor ruckman.
He’s not solely to blame for our clearance issues though, our midfield is rubbish too.
Do you think soldo tapping down to Steele macrae and phillipou will improve us next year or is it a stopgap until other draft picks come on.

I see the above as an upgrade but still a holding pattern until a grade mids come through.

I can’t believe it took someone so long to tell him.

Agree

Do you think soldo tapping down to Steele macrae and phillipou will improve us next year or is it a stopgap until other draft picks come on.

I see the above as an upgrade but still a holding pattern until a grade mids come through.

McRae will help a lot, Dow will help enormously if he can have a big pre season. We need to nail this draft early, we desperately need a couple more elite young mids to add to Pou and Garcia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McRae will help a lot, Dow will help enormously if he can have a big pre season. We need to nail this draft early, we desperately need a couple more elite young mids to add to Pou and Garcia.
Dow can be a clearance beast if we get him fit and have a ruck who can tap the ball our mids’ way. Macrae also averaged 6-7 clearances in 2021-22.

Last edited:

Any change that enables our mids to get on their toes will pay huge dividends. Even with TC it was noticeably better.

I’m encouraged by the fact that we’ve said 43 won’t be used for Crae. Clearly we are doing the dogs a favour by removing his contract from their salary cap and should really be paying next to nothing. In the past I’m sure we’ve had coughed up that pick to make sure a deal is done. Proves we’ve got some intelligence at the helm to identify that he’s a player of interest and we won’t be overpaying.
Dogs might start off by not accepting our trade offer but they will fold in the end because it is absolutely in their best interests to offload a player on $800k that’s effectively superfluous to their needs.

It's the same as the Bruce case, will take what is given.
Despite what they say, the Bulldogs want that 2.4 million off their books.

Minus 2.4 mill plus a pick for a player they don't want is a huge bonus.
Also, like Dunkley, like Smith, McLobster is not enamoured with Beveridge and the club. Wants out and will achieve that aim.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Unpopular opinion but I for one agree with this.

I think its so dumb people are crying out for a "Good" tap ruckman.

As if tap work actually makes much difference at all. Its been proven time and again that it doesn't.
This is why we are so lucky to have Marshall he might not be the Polly Farmer of tap ruckmen but his ability to take marks around the ground is what makes him so good.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back