List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Both Adelaide and Melbourne have shown an appetite to trade F1 (Dees especially) so it wouldn't surprise me if they scuttle our plans for Pick 9.

Both would rightfully expect to jump up the ladder next year also.
Yes I can see this happening as well

It may come down to who the Dopers hierarchy think is going to finish higher/lower next year ..... for those saying we are more likely to finish lower than the Dees .... I wouldn't be too sure about that

The time wouldn't be an issue.

St Kilda bid, while essendon are on the clock they lodge deal one.

Then Freo are on the clock, while deal two is lodged.

Then freo are on the clock again while deal three is lodged.

Agree it's all likely to be moot. But I'm just pointing out that Essendon have multiple options, we don't have them cornered like some think.
Although they don’t reset the clock when a trade occurs. The club who gains that pick has whatever time of the 5 mins that is left

It may come down to who the Dopers hierarchy think is going to finish higher/lower next year ..... for those saying we are more likely to finish lower than the Dees .... I wouldn't be too sure about that
Although most of the wider footy world wouldn’t think so and they’d have to think about it in probabilities. If one team were to really rise then they’re not thinking it’s us. The external perceptions of us aren’t high despite the back slapping in here

Although most of the wider footy world wouldn’t think so and they’d have to think about it in probabilities. If one team were to really rise then they’re not thinking it’s us. The external perceptions of us aren’t high despite the back slapping in here
Actually a situation where no one ever rating us could work to our advantage. Can completely see the Dons doing the trade with a scoff and saying “we think the saints pick next year will be higher than 9 anyway they just gave us free capital”

It won't be Adelaide.
Cumming, Neal -Bullen and Pearling along with Draper at Pick 4 i will be a very good off season for them

Did we come to a definitive outcome as to whether you can trade after a bid has been made?

I think that is incredibly relevant as to whether Essendon will trade their pick during trade period or at the draft.

The more I think about it, it's in Essendons best interest to wait until after trade period at least and everyone gets some further clarity as to where draft prospects are going to land...

the bidding system has been exploited on multiple occasions, and none of those methods had ever been pulled off before either, until they were.

What is the barrier?

Do you believe it's illegal? If so, what rule has it broken?

Do you think Carlton or Freo would turn down a free pick upgrade?
I believe that your entire premise is designed so that Freo & Carlton would help Essendon retain a first round pick and avoid a St Kilda bid.

That Freo in their heart of hearts would have to kindly relinquish the acquired first rounder - because they are going to support the Bombers or that both clubs want to see Essendon get a second first round pick.

Here’s the thing, they could NOT help Essendon - who match a Kako bid with pick 9 and both those clubs move forward in the draft still and Essendon don’t get supported in selecting an additional first round player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree it's all likely to be moot. But I'm just pointing out that Essendon have multiple options, we don't have them cornered like some think.
Look at the scenario you created to help Essendon retain a first round pick 😂

Step back and think about it. Looks awfully cornered without needing other clubs to be incahoots with the Bombers and care about them retaining a first round pick.

Especially an idea never seen before at the draft.

If we bid on Kako I would've thought Essendon have to make a yes or no choice on Kako at that pick
Yes they do, but trading out their pick 9 now for a future pick gives them 3 first round picks over this year and next. Not trading it, if there is a bid for Kako before pick 9, that eats their pick and they end up with only 2 first round picks over two years. So for the Injectors its either trade up to get above the Kako bid, or trade out to avoid losing a first round bid.

Hi we're from St Kilda and we're here to help.

I'm talking about offering their future firsts (plus change if need be) to get 9 off Bombers. Yes they can and may do this.
Where do the Crows find the currency to give the Bombers to match the Kako bid?

Dons will get a 20% reduction on the 1644 at P7. So they will need to find 1315 points to match.

Remember it’s a two fold challenge. Points to match a bid in this draft.

A future first that projects lower then our first.

1728419023540.png

Yes they do, but trading out their pick 9 now for a future pick gives them 3 first round picks over this year and next. Not trading it, if there is a bid for Kako before pick 9, that eats their pick and they end up with only 2 first round picks over two years. So for the Injectors its either trade up to get above the Kako bid, or trade out to avoid losing a first round bid.

Hi we're from St Kilda and we're here to help.
Or Crows. Or Melbourne. Or whoever.
If we can do it, great, and good sign the media is reporting our interest in 9.
I'm really cautious about Melbourne, they have already shown great interest in moving their F1 and Freo isn't the tree they should be barking up. 2 of their 3 picks will go for Bolton and I'd assume they want some first round presence in a draft such as this.

Where do the Crows find the currency to give the Bombers to match the Kako bid?

Dons will get a 20% reduction on the 1644 at P7. So they will need to find 1315 points to match.

Remember it’s a two fold challenge. Points to match a bid in this draft.

A future first that projects lower then our first.

View attachment 2135806
What do 46 and 64 get them? We aren't living in a vacuum. Lots of moving pieces, things could change considerably before the start of the draft.

What do 46 and 64 get them? We aren't living in a vacuum. Lots of moving pieces, things could change considerably before the start of the draft.
Here is the thing.

Without trading we bid on at P7.

As long as there isn’t a bid at 5 or 6.

We can protect the bombers until atleast P10.

Which is 1395 DVi - 20%. Which means they require 1116 DVI points.

p27+47 fall 100 short roughly. But 47 stands to come in abit on draft night - so may even match on draft night

Here is the thing.

Without trading we bid on at P7.

As long as there isn’t a bid at 5 or 6.

We can protect the bombers until atleast P10.

Which is 1395 DVi - 20%. Which means they require 1116 DVI points.

p27+47 fall 100 short roughly. But 47 stands to come in abit on draft night - so may even match on draft night
I just feel at times it's a bit of an echo chamber in here, and probably rightly so when we all want the best thing for the St Kilda football club. If we get this done I'll be rapt, but I just assume there will be plenty of other interested parties.

Also congrats on the bub Stav, currently holding a 2.5 week old boy myself! Great times

I just feel at times it's a bit of an echo chamber in here, and probably rightly so when we all want the best thing for the St Kilda football club. If we get this done I'll be rapt, but I just assume there will be plenty of other interested parties.

Also congrats on the bub Stav, currently holding a 2.5 week old boy myself! Great times

Congrats to both you and Stav ! What it's about!!

My 17 young bloke got his licence last week which does not feel right he is now pinching our car and heading out - seemed like yesterday he was a bub (my wife still calls him one)

Last edited:
Disagree. Get the great kids this year. Free Agent/s next year.
if we do that we need to take one no matter what,so when brayshaw ldu and whoever knocks us back we need to take balta or whoever no matter the position he plays,with our record of attracting them its a very risky plan,we could be left with no early pick,no ufa & having to overpay gop's if we have another high potential but melts a fn plenty by round 10 season

if we do that we need to take one no matter what,so when brayshaw ldu and whoever knocks us back we need to take balta or whoever no matter the position he plays,with our record of attracting them its a very risky plan,we could be left with no early pick,no ufa & having to overpay gop's if we have another high potential but melts a fn plenty by round 10 season
Would love to get Balta. Imagine him and Tauru dominating the skies in our backline.

Congratulations brother.

It’s the best (once you are able to operate off no sleep 😃)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back