List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Well West Coast won't trading down from 3 for pick 27, so if we are interested in pick 3 there must be something else we are giving up for it.
Clearly.

Hence waiting for 7 News Perth to hear from the Rhino about the stupidity we could be about to do

Put it this way.

I’d rather 7,8,13

Then a deal that has us losing our total number of first round picks for P3.
The only reason I brought it up is because it says in that tweet that we've offer an F1 and an F2. We may need to acquire an additional F2 do that deal as per the rules about future trading. At the same time, info leaked about us potentially doing a deal with WC. Was just wondering if perhaps they were linked.

I'm personally in the trade up camp, particularly if we can trade up using a future picks, but I 100% understand those who are against it.

Just continue holding fire, boys. We are still in an excellent position with 7 + 8 and our F1 in hand. Many player trades still to be done (Barrass, Houston, Smith) and wait for other clubs to come to us to open up those trades with our excellent hand.

No need to blow our load yet. As Homer Simpson once said, “think unsexy thoughts, think unsexy thoughts”.

My understanding is that we gain Pick 3 & a F3 in the deal & lose 8 & F1. Giving up an F1 is risky, but pick 3 in this strong draft is highly desirable.

So given 3rd rounders are basically a crapshoot...

We're giving up 8 and our 1st round pick next year for 3? a Future 1st for a 5 spot upgrade that doesn't even net us the 1st choice in the draft? No thanks.

Can somebody please throw up 🤮 all the different combinations that have been put forward for possible ways to snatch pick nine, pick 13 and the west coast deal.
Whoever gets it right will be a board legend.
IMG_2657.gif

I dunno man, having a choice of Lalor, Draper, Smith or FOS would be pretty exciting.

I’d be into Draper or Smith personally, we need a high accumulating mid.

In saying that, we still NEED to have two top ten picks. Cannot possibly give up both for the opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If any of these trades for pick 3 goes through, Dalrymple, SoS, Lyon, Bassat and the temporary receptionist should all get the sack.
If we piss away the draft hand we have been given for a 4 place upgrade in the most even top ten in a decade while other clubs are absolutely desperate to get into the top end, well, we deserve to be an also ran for frigging ever.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

The only reason I brought it up is because it says in that tweet that we've offer an F1 and an F2. We may need to acquire an additional F2 do that deal as per the rules about future trading. At the same time, info leaked about us potentially doing a deal with WC. Was just wondering if perhaps they were linked.

I'm personally in the trade up camp, particularly if we can trade up using a future picks, but I 100% understand those who are against it.
There are drafts to pull off a move like that.

This is very clearly not the draft to make that move.

Clubs are coming hard for top 10 picks. Why would we lose 2 for 1?

If any of these trades for pick 3 goes through, Dalrymple, SoS, Lyon, Bassat and the temporary receptionist should all get the sack.
If we piss away the draft hand we have been given for a 4 place upgrade in the most even top ten in a decade while other clubs are absolutely desperate to get into the top end, well, we deserve to be an also ran for frigging ever.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
If they are dumb enough to burn 3 first round picks including 2 top 10.

For pick 3 and 13 - they can get ****ed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can somebody please throw up 🤮 all the different combinations that have been put forward for possible ways to snatch pick nine, pick 13 and the west coast deal.
View attachment 2140095
The only deal we know some detail on is p13.

Future 1 and future 2 - reported by Tom Morris.

The rest is speculation because of this tweet.

View attachment 2140095
I would rather hear about one of your classic sangas

I echo the sentiments of most here when I say the idea of trading 8 and a F1 to move up 5 spots in a draft where we could, in theory, get the same player at 3 and 8, doesn’t make me feel great. Especially when I see the Dees trading f1 and 28 for pick 9. Would have loved to see the Saints pull of that same deal using pick 27 and get an extra year of development into (what would hopefully be) a young gun in a loaded draft.

With Melbourne likely to get #9, just to add more fuel to the fire - what if Melbourne then gazump us on the WCE deal? #5 & #9 for #3.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back