List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have Highmore to replace Battle

?

For 2025 current candidates could be Arie or Sharman (Who has mainly looked decent when down back).

Keeler by 2025 may be worth a shot down back in the seniors too.

Maybe Cordy against the right team.

Van Ess is just an unknown still.

Do you mean the time when the ball was kicked to where Battle was whereas King came in was able to leap at the ball? If so Bing would have still have marked it even if it was Howard who is a taller and a good spoiler.

PS. Yes I know Battle is most likely gone, but even good players can be in positions where you cannot really expect them to do much about a situation.
Yes it was deep and battle was under it while king came back with the ball. Look it’s not a huge knock on him but I think howard would have been able to spoil, battle can be a bit flat footed at times and Howard is 199cm.

I thought Battle was our best against the GC, and I reckon he has been our best in one or two games. I would love to see him at CHF, but it ain’t going to happen. Basset should slip him a couple of mill under the table, better value than Lyon
Battle never showed this form pre Lyon 😂

The improvement has come under his coaching.

I thought Battle was our best against the GC, and I reckon he has been our best in one or two games. I would love to see him at CHF, but it ain’t going to happen. Basset should slip him a couple of mill under the table, better value than Lyon

Your hatred of Ross is as amusing as Cairnsman’s of Sharmo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it was deep and battle was under it while king came back with the ball. Look it’s not a huge knock on him but I think howard would have been able to spoil, battle can be a bit flat footed at times and Howard is 199cm.

I was sitting just near that mark. At the time I even commented to my daughter that there was nothing Battle could have done to prevent the mark.
Well short of an obvious free kick against him that is.

It is not a knock on him at all as King had a major advantage.

A player running in can jump higher than a player who is standing under the ball. The player coming in also has a body advantage.

Expecting Battle to mark or spoil it in that circumstance is unrealistic. The taller Howard also would most likely have not been effective.

Like his pace & energy around the contest. Kicking looks good… very very scrappy by hand though.

Will watch the rest of his champs with interest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Needs to be viewed in the context that he has been injured all year and only returned a month ago.

So I think that was an impressive turnout off the back of 4 weeks of football and not a huge summer of preparation

He reminds me so much of a mix between JHF and Serong. Obviously not that good but quick hands, solid kicking and bursts from stoppage. Spreads well too. I have him and Jagga equal at the top of our list. Another SA boy to add to Nas and Pou
Imagine both!? 🙏

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree.

My personal thoughts so far are that it’s a terrible year to be picking 1 (current opinion, may change by the end of the champs).

But it looks a very good year to have multiple top 10 picks or even 3 in the first round.

Disagree. There is no real elite front end. Reid, McKercher, Sanders etc would all be way ahead of this top group. I rate a couple but a long way behind last years group. Plenty of guys will be good players right into the second round probably but there isn't an absolute star group this year.

He reminds me so much of a mix between JHF and Serong. Obviously not that good but quick hands, solid kicking and bursts from stoppage. Spreads well too. I have him and Jagga equal at the top of our list. Another SA boy to add to Nas and Pou

Haven't watched that one yet. He looks like he had a good game edited up.

At the game last night and this wasn’t and Isn’t my rumour.

But there was a few sitting next to the president and they at half time were saying the clubs belief is that Battle has an offer of $1m per season.
You'd think that would be back ended or front ended and 1 mill would be the high season value, but if not - if it's actually the equivalent of 1 mil per season and that pushes us into Band 1 category - we can at least say we were responsible as a club which is what we really need right now, regardless of Josh's leadership qualities. No more messiahs for St Kilda, we need a team. A couple of top 8 picks gives us a better shot when our window opens. Our younger guys will have to step up, as will Gubby bloody Allen - time to earn that coin and get a ready made Mid gun through our doors or sling your hook.

You'd think that would be back ended or front ended and 1 mill would be the high season value, but if not - if it's actually the equivalent of 1 mil per season and that pushes us into Band 1 category - we can at least say we were responsible as a club which is what we really need right now, regardless of Josh's leadership qualities. No more messiahs for St Kilda, we need a team. A couple of top 8 picks gives us a better shot when our window opens. Our younger guys will have to step up, as will Gubby bloody Allen - time to earn that coin and get a ready made Mid gun through our doors or sling your hook.

The problem is if we keep getting younger, at some point we are going to be consistently uncompetitive.The last 2 flags have been won by older super experienced sides.Probably pushes the time we contend out to the 2030s.We are bottoming out just as Tasmania comes in and unless we have found a much better bunch of kids than most clubs do we might never get there. The Pies are winning without a bunch of stars.

The problem is if we keep getting younger, at some point we are going to be consistently uncompetitive.The last 2 flags have been won by older super experienced sides.Probably pushes the time we contend out to the 2030s.We are bottoming out just as Tasmania comes in and unless we have found a much better bunch of kids than most clubs do we might never get there. The Pies are winning without a bunch of stars.
The plan since Ross came in was to go to the draft and refresh the list over '23 '24, then go hard at trade and FA from '25 onward. Its not an issue to go younger this year. Our window is probably targeted at 26 onward, when Nas Owens Windy Henry King etc will be carrying the team, whilst we also have the older guys like Wilkie, Steele, Sinc, Row still in similar to the Pendles, Sidey, Howe influence of last year. We just need to find the A-grade stars who will be the equivalent of JDG, Bobby, Jaic etc. Excluding Naic because that's almost impossible

There is a very good pool of mids in the top 10 - who would be as comparable as Mckercher or Wardlaw or Ashcroft in years past.

It doesn’t have a Reid Daicos or a tall like Darcy or Walter.

That shouldn’t mean we overlook the players available- which continuously happens here.

I like a couple but I'm not trading in to get more picks early in this one.

Battle’s had an offer since Round 2. Maybe earlier and yet to sign. As good as gone boys and girls
I would hope the club management have suggested his management wait to see how this season pans out before deciding anything. Once it's clear that finals are gone this year, the focus will turn to development and the Battle is lost. Right now, we're 2 wins out of the top 8 teams, (albeit with 6 clubs above us), so you can't say it's over just yet, but I'd say that day won't be far away, and I think we might expect an announcement around that time, one way or the other.

Maybe our form turns around, finals look possible, and Josh decides loyalty and the chance to win something with Ross and the boys is worth a little less in the bank account. I personally think he'll go but I reckon he's giving the team every chance to convince him to stay before he decides.

The plan since Ross came in was to go to the draft and refresh the list over '23 '24, then go hard at trade and FA from '25 onward. Its not an issue to go younger this year. Our window is probably targeted at 26 onward, when Nas Owens Windy Henry King etc will be carrying the team, whilst we also have the older guys like Wilkie, Steele, Sinc, Row still in similar to the Pendles, Sidey, Howe influence of last year. We just need to find the A-grade stars who will be the equivalent of JDG, Bobby, Jaic etc. Excluding Naic because that's almost impossible

Also meant to be staying competitive while building up the youth quota. At the moment we are uncompetitive and making ourselves weaker. You can see us bottoming out to save the president from the mistake of taking Ross Lyon.

I hope they pull the plug on Lyon and Sos before they take us down the toilet. We were meant to be on track challenging for a flag in 2025. Right now we are more likely to be bottom 4 again with a few of the sides that were down likely to jump and sit above us unless we get a huge move on.

We sound like we are losing Battle and want to move on Howard. So defence will be really poor and that pretty much means every line in the side will be below average. I reckon we could easily finish last next year if we have a couple of injuries and kids don't develop as we'd hoped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back