List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If Battle stays (looking less and less likely imo) I wonder if we'll be having a go at free agent Jarrod Berry from the Lions?

The little turd wouldn't even come to us for an extra million bucks! 💩
Another player using us as a negotiation tool
Sad Sponge Bob GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

They tried. They failed. I don’t blame them. But we need to go the youth approach in it’s entirety this off season.

absolutely confirms that the current AFL equalisation benefits are not working and the stronger clubs will continue to get stronger and the game suffers by having the best players continually going to the strongest clubs. A spiral of disaster leading to a uncompetitive game. Need to redo the draft so that the top 8 teams only enter the draft in round 3, so that we accelerate the revitlisation of the weakest teams.

absolutely confirms that the current AFL equalisation benefits are not working and the stronger clubs will continue to get stronger and the game suffers by having the best players continually going to the strongest clubs. A spiral of disaster leading to a uncompetitive game. Need to redo the draft so that the top 8 teams only enter the draft in round 3, so that we accelerate the revitlisation of the weakest teams.
Pretty funny we offered an additional Million and we still couldn’t land him 😂

We have probably the worst crumbers in the contest.
If the ball goes to ground in our forward line, no chance one of ours will get it and put it through.
Far more likely it goes to the defense and down their end.

Even with our lack of Mids Mids...derp...more mids.
We get a lot of balls into our 50. But unless its a clean mark its gone.

Kill for Milney and Schnieder.

We need mids but we were exposed due to injury the last few years. Dow, Henry, Steele, Crouch all went down this season. Get Dow, Henry and Steele fit and we look a lot deeper. Crouch probably needs to be replaced and so does Seb Ross but what we need is one really high end mid and hope out of Windy, Clark, Owens, Garcia etc one comes on.

one first rounder is plenty for me

The high end of this draft isn't much different to the early part of the second round. I really don't love the top end of this one. Get Jagga and get out. That Adelaide pick just as likely to be a gun as another FRDP IMO.

I reckon we need an AFL standard Key Forward as well.

Camininiti looks good and Sharman developing. I think a ruck forward probably makes sense more.

Agree. Stengle is a good player and you'd take him on your list, but that deal is ridiculous. He really saved us from ourselves there.

$750k is more like what $650k currently is. A premiership small forward who I think might have been AA even sounds like value. Snags ands Butler probably get similar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gringo you are absolutely right in that you have every right to complain about any and all aspects of the club. That was not the intention of my post, but rather that not all at the club, is as bad as you portray.

The club has for once taken the hard decision to stop the short term decision making and has systematically improved facilities, admin, coaching, support, list management, player payments, recruitment of youth, accountability in player contracts, improvement in training, player fitness, player support, retention of first round draft picks, trading out players who wont take us to the next premiership, expanding our national draft quality and number of draft picks, and having a president. who will stand up publicly to demand change to inequalities in the AFL that disadvantage St Kilda.

So yes you have the right to see fault with most things, but as do I and others have the right to call this out. There are improvements everywhere, if you choose to look. Bassat said last year we are taking a longer, more considered approach and that we may go backwards in order to improve. That is where we are now and I am the most optimistic and encouraged by all of this than I have been since 2010.

I love your passion and appreciate your many insights and comments on here, but just to say that there is a lack of appreciation that the club are not accepting middle of the road and are seeking long term real success. Go Saints.

We've made plenty of hard decisions in the last 14 years but nearly all have them have been wrong. I want conservative not risky list building. This is a risky approach again. Being a gamble it might come off but they don't often. If it goes wrong we are in for years of pain. Hopefully this time it lands the right way up.

If they fail, this board has overseen our worst period since the equalisation era. At some point we need to move away from the decision makers who have let us down. The footy department are better than the previous set up but that doesn't mean they are ideal.

If Battle stays (looking less and less likely imo) I wonder if we'll be having a go at free agent Jarrod Berry from the Lions?

He's pretty much Windhager for them. Not really a great need.

Sort of but you can make yourself attractive. Henry walked from Freo who were struggling and moved to us who looked on the way up. A bit sad that players see a rebuilding Geelong as a more attractive than us though.

Sort of but you can make yourself attractive. Henry walked from Freo who were struggling and moved to us who looked on the way up. A bit sad that players see a rebuilding Geelong as a more attractive than us though.
Maybe like many he likes the more relaxed lifestyle and has made memories and mates at Geelong. We don’t really know the ins and outs of both deals but you usually have to pay a premium just to get a conversation started. Stengel staying is no great surprise nor some slight on us imo.

Maybe like many he likes the more relaxed lifestyle and has made memories and mates at Geelong. We don’t really know the ins and outs of both deals but you usually have to pay a premium just to get a conversation started. Stengel staying is no great surprise nor some slight on us imo.
Rumour was that he hated Geelong (the city).

You are correct, I think that's a terrible deal and shouldn't be offered (or offer it in a way that he takes a 6 year deal somewhere else)
Interesting.

I hope that in the event he leaves you are not also lambasting the club for not being able to retain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back