List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Cam Zurhaar leaves is that another early first for north ?.
Apparently the Pies.

But that would be no more than band 2 you would think
Someone on the afl site was talking about $1 million a year, I don’t watch much so gettable or similar. I was more than a little surprised but who knows these days, best result for us of course is he stays put.

Can we re-draft Logan Austin and trade him back to Port too?
He looked ok initially wasn’t he Dempster’s cousin. Dempster was another underrated pick up played a lot of very good football for us. The swans actually threw us a few scraps after using us like a character out of nether let me go.

Carlton supporters on their board seem to love Cripps, Acres and Binns, but are divided about the rest.

Not watching the Blues play much the last few years I was shocked to see how negative they were about Walsh. I'd thought he has been great for them, but apparently they're all sick of his shit hospital disposals and lack of cover for teammates.
My son in law and all his family and friends are made Carlton supporters. They are as fickle as any supporter group and will be back on the Walsh wagon when they win a game.

I think that’s a slight misrepresentation of the situation.

We want to keep him. I still don’t believe that’s at the price of a blank cheque and he can sign for what he wants.

I also think and have said Battle is pretty torn about all this. So it’s not that he has just held off and let the money roll in. The club has always been actively trying to keep Josh.

My personal opinion on the matter is that he still goes.

As I said. Could be nothing. Could be something.

But in the wash it usually turns out I’ve been somewhere around the mark with the things I post.

It was alluded that there are other clubs keen too. But nothing else was mentioned

Please don't put words in my mouth. I never mentioned anything about a blank cheque.

There will not be a new offer to Battle. I told you all at the start of the season. We have a value for Battle in terms of salary cap and we have a value for Battle in terms of return on the market.

We are currently at our salary limit. He has a 6 year offer from us. Unfortunately a mixture of poor form and big offers look him leaving is the most likely option.

The situation as it stands has us of the belief it’s a first round compo - and that would exceed our external value (There isn’t a poster on here that wouldn’t think it’s good list management if you could nab a top 5 pick for Battle). That doesn’t mean we are happy he leaves (likely not guaranteed) just that the outcome is acceptable.

Feel like one of Ross or Membrey goes. Looking like Tim.

They are keen to see how much value Howard can recover for the rest of the year. Similar to Battle. Thing with key backs is that clubs are willing to offer overs on salary for free ones. Keep an eye on a few of Adelaide’s tall backs as a potential replacement.

No free agent this year as it stands. They are looking at older players on the fringes they can get for cheap for a year or 2 or 3 that don’t hinder the cap space. Doggies have one or two we like.

Expect a really decent turnover at years end. More focus on youth again.

Hypothetically if you have 2 top 5 picks in this particular draft. You are laughing. Draper and Jagga Smith?

We are also keen on a late first. Think Hotton could fall into that range.

I’ll also leave you with this. North Melbourne desperately wants Trainor. They are willing to trade back from pick 1 to land this kid. We are aware of this as long as it doesn’t cost first rounders.

Max Hall. No idea who he was the other week. But SOS and Dalrymple think he could be top 5 in the Liston trophy if it was happening today. Thats not saying he even makes it at the level. But they like some of the intangibles he has and is a different mix to our current listed players.

Hope you are all well. Footy is shit when your side sucks (again!) but this isn’t full rebuild. There is a few things coming to light now that the blowtorch is applied that needs to be corrected. It will be.

Think he is gone. Haven’t changed my thoughts on it really.

But I honestly don’t know anything more than what I said.

We have a good offer on the table and it’s increased since that reported 800k in March.

I was merely pointing out what you have said in the above two posts. Another poster had posted that if he was going to sign he would've by now to which I said look at De Goey, it's not always the case.

So going back to it, of course money is a factor in his decision. If its not, it is pretty incompetent for upping out offer based on our take it ourllr leave it stance way back when.

You imagine that the AFL will manufacture another priority pick disguised as FA compo.
You don’t have to have a very good imagination either.
If there’s the slightest chance, it’ll happen. (won’t it, Sonia?)

Please don't put words in my mouth. I never mentioned anything about a blank cheque.

I was merely pointing out what you have said in the above two posts. Another poster had posted that if he was going to sign he would've by now to which I said look at De Goey, it's not always the case.

So going back to it, of course money is a factor in his decision. If its not, it is pretty incompetent for upping out offer based on our take it ourllr leave it stance way back when.
There is a difference between intention and outcome. Which is what I was pointing out.

You said…

“So by holding off, just like De Goey did, he's ensured he'll get a better pay day than had he signed mid year.”

I can guarantee you his intention was not to put off signing because both clubs would keep increasing offers.

He has either already agreed to go to the Hawks. Or he is torn on the decision and we are here. (I think latter and that he will ultimately end up at the hawks)

But it wasn’t the master plan and that is why I said you what you posted was a slight misrepresentation of the situation.

We want to keep him. I still don’t believe that’s at the price of a blank cheque and he can sign for what he wants.

I also think and have said Battle is pretty torn about all this. So it’s not that he has just held off and let the money roll in. The club has always been actively trying to keep Josh.

As I said. Could be nothing. Could be something.

But in the wash it usually turns out I’ve been somewhere around the mark with the things I post.

It was alluded that there are other clubs keen too. But nothing else was mentioned

There will not be a new offer to Battle. I told you all at the start of the season. We have a value for Battle in terms of salary cap and we have a value for Battle in terms of return on the market.

We are currently at our salary limit. He has a 6 year offer from us. Unfortunately a mixture of poor form and big offers look him leaving is the most likely option.

The situation as it stands has us of the belief it’s a first round compo - and that would exceed our external value (There isn’t a poster on here that wouldn’t think it’s good list management if you could nab a top 5 pick for Battle). That doesn’t mean we are happy he leaves (likely not guaranteed) just that the outcome is acceptable.

Feel like one of Ross or Membrey goes. Looking like Tim.

They are keen to see how much value Howard can recover for the rest of the year. Similar to Battle. Thing with key backs is that clubs are willing to offer overs on salary for free ones. Keep an eye on a few of Adelaide’s tall backs as a potential replacement.

No free agent this year as it stands. They are looking at older players on the fringes they can get for cheap for a year or 2 or 3 that don’t hinder the cap space. Doggies have one or two we like.

Expect a really decent turnover at years end. More focus on youth again.

Hypothetically if you have 2 top 5 picks in this particular draft. You are laughing. Draper and Jagga Smith?

We are also keen on a late first. Think Hotton could fall into that range.

I’ll also leave you with this. North Melbourne desperately wants Trainor. They are willing to trade back from pick 1 to land this kid. We are aware of this as long as it doesn’t cost first rounders.

Max Hall. No idea who he was the other week. But SOS and Dalrymple think he could be top 5 in the Liston trophy if it was happening today. Thats not saying he even makes it at the level. But they like some of the intangibles he has and is a different mix to our current listed players.

Hope you are all well. Footy is shit when your side sucks (again!) but this isn’t full rebuild. There is a few things coming to light now that the blowtorch is applied that needs to be corrected. It will be.

Think he is gone. Haven’t changed my thoughts on it really.

But I honestly don’t know anything more than what I said.

We have a good offer on the table and it’s increased since that reported 800k in March.

I was merely pointing out what you have said in the above two posts in relation to what another poster had said.
There is a difference between intention and outcome. Which is what I was pointing out.

You said…

“So by holding off, just like De Goey did, he's ensured he'll get a better pay day than had he signed mid year.”

I can guarantee you his intention was not to put off signing because both clubs would keep increasing offers.

He has either already agreed to go to the Hawks. Or he is torn on the decision and we are here. (I think latter and that he will ultimately end up at the hawks)

But it wasn’t the master plan and that is why I said you what you posted was a slight misrepresentation of the situation.
Unless you are Josh Battle himself, it's naive to guarantee anything in this situation.

lol writing off Owens as a mid is complete crap. He hasn’t had the opportunity to develop as one and therefore get better at the patterns of play. No one is saying he is going to be Dangerfield he doesn’t have that burst BUT he is as close to Fyfe physically as you can get. Cripps doesn’t have explosive speed either. Him ending up as a defender would be the most depressing thing in the world. He has publicly said he wants to be a mid forward ala Dusty.

I was merely pointing out what you have said in the above two posts in relation to what another poster had said.

Unless you are Josh Battle himself, it's naive to guarantee anything in this situation.
You compared the situation to DeGoey.

It isn’t

De Goey wanted to stay a pie. They didn’t want to meet his contract terms. So we stepped in and he was nearly a saint. Until the pies agreed a deal he wanted.

The battle situation is not the above and that was your comparison.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol writing off Owens as a mid is complete crap. He hasn’t had the opportunity to develop as one and therefore get better at the patterns of play. No one is saying he is going to be Dangerfield he doesn’t have that burst BUT he is as close to Fyfe physically as you can get. Cripps doesn’t have explosive speed either. Him ending up as a defender would be the most depressing thing in the world. He has publicly said he wants to be a mid forward ala Dusty.
Ross Lyon literally said in his presser that the coaches will play him in the position that best leverages his skillset, which is up forward as a 3rd tall power forward. That doesn't mean writing him off as a mid, it just means that he isn't suited to mid at the moment and will look to perfect his craft in the position that he is best suited to for now

I'd assume once he does, then they'll consider moving him into the midfield more - like Sydney have done with Heeney after he was a forward for so long

The fact he can’t crack it for even one game with that VFL form is odd. Must have a real question mark (granted he is young)
The funny thing is that Carlton had a winger go out with injury (Acres) yesterday and Binns still didn't get in, and rightfully so

People are getting gassed by one big VFL game - if they actually paid attention they'll know that Binns was always a huge accumulator of the ball since playing in the VFL, 30+ disposals was the norm. Admittedly, 47 disposals and 3 goals is on another level, but it was an 83 point win against an injury hit Collingwood VFL side that's sitting bottom 2

Problem is he lacks size and breakaway speed. His standout attribute is his running power, but not much else. Poor kick, has no forward craft, poor overhead. He's basically a slow version of Ed Langdon, and speed is one of the traits that makes Langdon succeed at AFL level

Stephen Milne publicly stated he wanted to be a mid and ended up the best small forward St.Kilda has probably ever had. I would like to have a love affair with Rose Byrne, but some things are not meant to be ;)

Saints are willing to let jack Steele go for the right price.

On CPH2145 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Could be similar to when Freo made a massive offer to Stewie Loewe. Stan Alves said he was resigned to Loewe leaving. Stewie said himself that he had decided to go up until he had to inform the club of his decision. When it came down to it he couldn’t go through with it and ended up staying.

How would we feel if this was us? 198cm relatively experienced midfielder... ahaha...

He's good but not absolute top end. 6 years is insane but I guess at 25 and an Irish guy they think he might have even more to give. He was really good last year. Haven't noticed him as much this year.

Saints are willing to let jack Steele go for the right price.

****ing hell. The midfield is going to be pretty diabolical next year. No Steele, no Ross and Jones looking like staying on. We'd be genuinely the worst midfield ever assembled in the AFL era. Shiel playing his 6 $200k a game season won't even help.

Just heard the last part of it on the radio, unsure who was talking but they stated some clubs came knocking last year and we said no.

They believe this year might be different.

If we were going to do it last year was the time with Melbourne having a couple of early picks. I reckon they would’ve quickly given up those picks for Steele so they can play Petracca forward more and that was before Brayshaw had to retire. They’ll have a red hot crack at him this year but I can’t see us trading him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back