List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess a slippery slope is to ignore your stakeholders.
Sponsors, members and everybody associated with the women's team who we share premises with.

In today's world of video calling options it was probably a bit clumsy to be meeting publicly for lunch without the club all being onboard.
It’s just gone downhill from there, now we have Tom morris talking about the players being unanimous in not wanting him. Naming mason wood as saying don’t touch him. This should have been behind closed doors, whoever is leaking needs to be sacked. Nice work st Kilda fc and the media, I’m not a fan and didn’t want him but I don’t want to read he was found handing from a tree.

Last edited:
One thing strikes me: if I was working for a club meeting a controversial player to discuss his entry to the club, would I choose to meet him in "a big Carlton restaurant", guaranteed to be seen, noticed and commented on by multiple sources who know about football?

Not unless I wanted to be seen.
Yep. Either he's dumb as a box of hair or he was floating a trial balloon, as the politicians say.

who reported it first?

it wasnt that ****wit ross had a sly go at in the presser was it?

Yea it was, Tom Morris that dirty little grub, he’s having a field day! The Club must be furious but they’ve not handled the situation well at all, in fact said grub must be pissing himself laughing at his little act of revenge here…

The only positive being now we don’t have to sit through months of conjecture & can move on!

It’s just gone downhill from there, now we have Tom morris talking about the players being unanimous in not wanting him. Naming mason wood as saying don’t touch him. This should have been behind closed doors, whoever is leaking needs to be sacked. Nice work st Kilda fc and the media, I’m not a fan and didn’t want him but I don’t want to read he was found handing from a tree.
This is classic St Kilda though. **** up things spectacularly

Disgrace that tom morris found out. He’s a germ of the highest order. The next 3 days he’ll be over it the ****ing loser

Yea it was, Tom Morris that dirty little grub, he’s having a field day! The Club must be furious but they’ve not handled the situation well at all, in fact said grub must be pissing himself laughing at his little act of revenge here…

The only positive being now we don’t have to sit through months of conjecture & can move on!
had a sneaky feeling it was
i dont do a lot of afl media tbh so wasnt 100% sure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suspect Montagna took an extra critical eye to several saints players.
Wilson could have been selected over Windsor (Leading on close to every statistical metric).
And suspect Pou and Owens would be walk up selections next year.

Windsor is starting to look very good. Hasn't had the same opportunity as Wilson, and has been sub a fair bit i think.
I think Wilson is a ripper, but if we'd somehow ended up with Windsor in the draft i don't think i'd be disapointed.

our very own Dan runs over ppl in his car and its barely mentioned
Barely mentioned? The RWNJ's brought it up for years even after the police investigation had been done.
There are some levels the lunar right wont sink to. This was not one of them.

Last edited:
Firstly, that's awful about your son's car. Let me state clearly what I am about to say does not diminish or intend to diminish that it any way.

But there is the clear reputational damage to the club if St Kilda signs Thomas that would be different than if he was involved in some other form of criminality. My social feed is already filled with dismay that anyone from the club even met him.

Also, playing elite sport is not a right. If he feels like he is being denied a living, he is free to avail himself of the courts to seek redress.

Also, the accountant in your example: I wouldn't know what he's been charged with. If I did, considering his work is financial, I probably would give that person a wide berth. That's a choice I am free to make, and if we sign Thomas, I think many members will exercise their free will over the memberships as well.

Personally I'd find it very hard to enjoy watching him play for my club. I said it on here about De Goey and I am stating it here about Thomas.

Edit: I don't have to worry about that any more.
How about this example instead. You’re a teacher and you commit some domestic violence or even just regular violence in your spare time, you get a criminal record and you lose your working with children’s check. After you do your time are you expecting to be welcomed back to your teaching job or have you fuvked that up and you just have to find a new career

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back