List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay if that's the case, no one ever should be complaining about drafting Billings over Bontempelli or McCartin over Petracca, both would've done an ACL if they came to the Saints
Not would've ... could've

It is what is ... no use pontificating about these things on the basis of hindsight

Look forward and try and learn from our mistakes

Thanks ... weirdly enough I just read that one of the girls was recently employed by our club ... there for 8 months last year but has since left

He is an absolute talent. Can do just about anything on a footy field. Win 10 clearances through the midfield, beat him defenders on the lead from the goal square.

Metres per game is off the charts, and his long kicking is just about always to a forwards advantage.

Got dropped from Nike as well as north. I was told he just won’t stop doing things that get him in trouble.

All this came from nowhere as well (from the outside). He never got in trouble before all this. He’d pick up the footy for the umpire every time. He’d show respect to the opposition. Seemed that his team mates loved him. He looked at Cunnington with love struck puppy dog eyes. It was devastating for it to come to this.

He is an absolute talent. Can do just about anything on a footy field. Win 10 clearances through the midfield, beat him defenders on the lead from the goal square.

Metres per game is off the charts, and his long kicking is just about always to a forwards advantage.

Got dropped from Nike as well as north. I was told he just won’t stop doing things that get him in trouble.

All this came from nowhere as well (from the outside). He never got in trouble before all this. He’d pick up the footy for the umpire every time. He’d show respect to the opposition. Seemed that his team mates loved him. He looked at Cunnington with love struck puppy dog eyes. It was devastating for it to come to this.
Yea it was a real surprise his indiscretions especially the eighth time he fkd up

Yea it was a real surprise his indiscretions especially the eighth time he fkd up

No, I’m saying when the initial article about harassment/domestic violence came out in late 2022 it was hard to believe given he’d never been in trouble before.

Then as it escalated to a media campaign by the women, who did multiple interviews to force police to charge him/north to drop him, or just kept getting worse and worse with more women coming out and speaking out against him.

Once police said he wouldn’t be charged and he was undergoing rehab, I assumed he’d see how close he was to losing everything and he’d stop.

But he just kept on going.

Even after being dumped from the afl.

If he was at Collingwood - he would still be listed and it would be swept under the rug. Like all of De Goeys crap

The big difference was how angry and vocal the victims were with Thomas. They wouldn’t let it go and would keep talking to the media to pile pressure on north/afl

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are we even remotely going near him?

Well the why is easy.

We lack midfield talent, and with Crouch quite possibly not playing again that could be even worse next year. Then add in that Steele seems to have slid the last couple of years.

To rectify it we seem unable to trade in gun mids or gain FA ones.

That leaves the draft which will be a slow process.

Midfield is THE issue for us. We go ok in most other positions. But we effectively start much of many games across our HB line rather than in the midfield due to our lack of midfield talent.

He's had 4 billion chances and hasn't shown once he will change his behavior.

Well that is the big question. SHOULD we take him?

If we want to became a Top 4 Team anytime soon, the Saints are going to outperform with our draft picks and think outside the box in some way to engineer a better midfield.

Whether Thomas should be part of that, I have no idea. But one can understand why the club is at least examining it. Hopefully our club has quite a number of different irons in the fire.

And boy, oh but, do we badly need Peckett to be a FS who succeeds for us! Very early days on that though.

I’m kind of torn with this news.
On the one hand, it’s classic St.Kilda being tone deaf on the matter, on the other hand I’d love for him to be a gun and have a genuine redemption arc…especially after the bombers fans all got the sooks up and angrily emailed the club with their faux pearl clutching letters pretending they all of a sudden had morals after the injectors saga.

No, I’m saying when the initial article about harassment/domestic violence came out in late 2022 it was hard to believe given he’d never been in trouble before.

Then as it escalated to a media campaign by the women, who did multiple interviews to force police to charge him/north to drop him, or just kept getting worse and worse with more women coming out and speaking out against him.

Once police said he wouldn’t be charged and he was undergoing rehab, I assumed he’d see how close he was to losing everything and he’d stop.

But he just kept on going.

Even after being dumped from the afl.
I’m pi55ed off my club have spoken to him at all - I never want to see him play again

Let's blow up our culture - maybe the only good thing we have going for us - for one of the most toxic basket case B+ players who has just missed 18 months of footy in the hope that it will somehow work for us and deliver us a flag. What a ****ing joke. No chance I'm renewing my membership if we pick this scumbag up.

We sacked Ratts off the same kind of performance. I've said he gets next year but if he can't move us forward we need to look at options.
I reckon he'll see out his term of 4 years. Next year is year 3. Others can correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't the idea to be contending for top 4 by year 4?
Agree 100% that next year needs to show clear and marked improvement coinciding with development.

The irony of Tom Morris reporting on this topic has not been lost on me. As I have previously mentioned on here, he has an interesting past of which i cant divulge, (not the whatsapp stuff) but certainly he seems to have forgotten his own 'misdemeanour'.

must be juicey gossip if it cant be divulged

lets make up some rumors about gerbils and toilet roll holders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back