List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
George, George’s George.
Its Showtime Halloween GIF by Death Wish Coffee

If there were two teams playing, so 36 players on the ground at any one time, how do these dogs fans know the Saints people were looking at Macrae?
Sounds a bit made up.

Why TF would north want viney, he is the least of their needs

I'd hazard a guess they want experience amongst their youngsters so as to drive standard in the coal face as opposed to just coaches yelling at them about their bad habits. Viney would bring that sort of instance and pedigree almost.

I'd hazard a guess they want experience amongst their youngsters so as to drive standard in the coal face as opposed to just coaches yelling at them about their bad habits. Viney would bring that sort of instance and pedigree almost.
I actually don’t think that Viney has had the impact as a midfielder that his numbers suggest and that playing him in their side over other players over the last decade has hurt them more then they realise.
For all of his tough macho rubbish, he doesn’t spread defensively or hurt opposition in transition. Their preference for him as a mid limited the impact of Brayshaw and more recently Oliver.

North can have him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was thrown out in the media a few weeks back.

Let’s be honest. Oliver will be at his lowest value as a player this season.

That contract is an albatross and wouldn’t need to come with an enticement to take on
Sounds like Adelaide have a higher appetite than us and will pay more in terms of a trade

So interest in Macrae and Shiel

Crouch retires. But that still seems 1 to many - considering we will have a first round pick + Pou & Windy, Even Garcia to come into todays side.
I don't think any of them are ready for full seasons. We need to find a ready made inside mid.

Otherwise it's Jones and Clark. Not sure either are ideal.

I don't think any of them are ready for full seasons. We need to find a ready made inside mid.

Otherwise it's Jones and Clark. Not sure either are ideal.
Windy should absolutely be ready for a full season by next year, but I just don’t see an out and out AFL quality mid in the way he goes about it.

Jones is in for crouch. So only 1 of Shiel or Macrae makes sense.

Both means someone is losing a spot to a 32+ year old.
I'd prefer macrae takes Jones spot and hold Jones for 12 months for depth coming in when appropriate for the kids.

Windy should absolutely be ready for a full season by next year, but I just don’t see an out and out AFL quality mid in the way he goes about it.
I agree. I think he can get there. But consistency will be the issue in terms of impact offensively. He'll be a great tagger. I think he might struggle with an injury here or there.

It was thrown out in the media a few weeks back.

Let’s be honest. Oliver will be at his lowest value as a player this season.

That contract is an albatross and wouldn’t need to come with an enticement to take on

Players have bad seasons all the time and recover. Pat Cripps looked cooked a couple of seasons ago, Leigh Matthew’s even said as much and I believe he won a Brownlow after that.
Oliver clearly had a horrible off season and then preseason, he could easily recapture close to his best form IMO. I’d be interested in acquiring him but It would be situation where I’d ask the playing group first, because if our guys don’t want him around I wouldn’t bring him in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back