Training 2024 training updates.

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Training - Tuesday July 16.

I thought it might rain, so didn't bring my camera, so was thinking I might have to go to the cafe side; turns out, it didn't rain. Haha.

Players MIA:
kreuger
TJ
Mitchell
Begg
Schultz
Dean

Rehab group:

Jordy (given he isn't on the injury list, so management it was) - He did a running session.
Steene
Smit (partly, did some drills, but then some running - shoulder strapped from the incident in the vfl)
Eyre (is more or less back in full training more than half way through the protocols)
Beau
Ryan

• Ryan started some drills, then did some running. Looks to be on track for a return next week
  • Eyre doing everything but match sim, so almost to the line. Should be cleared to play sunday.

The boys worked on certain elements on their game. Pressure drills. Kicking to a target, although this doesn't always come off...
Some ball movement, stoppage and match sim. Match sim was played out in two versions. Full ground and also half ground, which ended the session.

Nick did some running early on, but then joined the squad, which indicates the cork to his hammy is no worries, he's all good to go.
No issue with Bobby either.

Some of the talls did some marking drills.
Ryan. Johnson. Reef. Eyre. Moore

Howe back in full training, lining up in defence.
Cox completed his first session from injury as well. Played down forward mostly while DC went against Smit in the ruck

Training: Thursday July 18th.

Happy Birthday, DC! (you too Lippa for yesterday)

Players absent:

Begg
Steene
Johnson
Howe
Kreuger

* The latter two have been sick this week but fly expects them to be right for the weekend.

Rehab group:

Beau
Schultz
Dean

It was a fairly short session. About an hour. Maybe because they did an extra session on Tuesday? Today was really focused on, first up some fundamentals like the kicking drill. Then some line stuff. Stoppages.
It was interesting to see Jordy in the forwards group and then Josh D in the defenders group. But he still lined up on the wing (might rotate with sidey between half back/wing?)

Teams:

Black -

• Lippa
  • JDG
  • IQ
  • Maynard
  • Elliott
  • JDaicos
  • Noble
  • Pendles
  • Mcstay
  • DC
  • Frampton
  • Sidey
  • Hill
  • Crisp
  • Richards
  • Moore
  • WHE
  • NDaicos

White

• DeMattia
  • Allan
  • Macrae
  • TJ
  • Smit
  • Ryan
  • Reef
  • Bytel
  • Sullivan
  • Eyre
  • Harrison
  • Markov
  • Long
  • Parker
  • Cox

* They mixed it up for match sim, which prob reflects, not who is playing but more the opposition.

Its close to even teams, now players are getting back from injury.

I found it hard to tell HH and Parker apart sometimes, they both wore caps.. Parker wore #12 for a time, and I swear it felt like he had bulked up in the shoulder lol Or maybe it was the early morning clouds.

Eyre was really good today. Took some nice marks, and his follow up work was impressive at ground level. You can see why they were interested in him and wanted him on the list. His athleticsm and versaility.

Reef did some good things, along with a great contested mark up forward, just really jumped at the ball. Its stuff like this that people didn't think he had in him.

Lippa trained on the wing, sidey down back.
Jordy in the forward line, that must be something they might do with him the rest of the year given the issues he is battling with, so maybe he doesn't quite have the power back to play fully midfield at this point in time.
Mcstay looked good, took some great marks up forward and kicked some goals. His strong hands a real focus point.

Darcy may have to watch where he is going, he flattered Nick when he bumped him off the ball. Good thing Nick bounced back up. While nice that he is trying some aggressiveness, but lets leave it for game day yeah?

Last edited:
I wonder if we have a rule that anyone over 30 no longer bends over to pick the ball up off the ground?

Would be great to start training picking up a ground ball again like the previous 2 years rather than making it someone else’s problem.

Would think there should have been a bring your mouth guards session Monday as well. Or are we tolerating mediocrity these days ?
I doubt any club runs sessions like that anymore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2024 training updates.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back