Training 2024 training updates.

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone know if the Pies have anyone that coaches to guys how to tackle ?
Something that has been deplorable for the last 4 weeks.
They def do tackle drills.
But clearly they need to increase him, as I agree.. its been poor

Does anyone know if the Pies have anyone that coaches to guys how to tackle ?
Something that has been deplorable for the last 4 weeks.
Embarrassing. It makes us look so soft and intimidated. There's nothing more humiliating as a fan to see your team play with such insipid intent.

Embarrassing. It makes us look so soft and intimidated. There's nothing more humiliating as a fan to see your team play with such insipid intent.
Is it a tackling and pressure issue? It
Just looks like teams are handballing through or around it.

Is it a tackling and pressure issue? It
Just looks like teams are handballing through or around it.
You actually have to get to a contest before you can lay an effective tackle. If you don't get there, or get there too late, you won't dispossess the opponent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think it's intent. You just look half hearted when you get sidestepped and are left just reaching out an arm.

nah, disagree. a lot of tackles have been broken by sheer will by their opponent . we lost the edge, you know, the eye of the tiger. we got to start chasing chickens

1721698028091.png

Training: Session 1, round 20. Wednesday July 24

Players MIA:

Elliott
Mitchell

Rehab:
Beau
Steene
Begg - First running session since his knee injury.
Jordy (same time as last week, this session seems to be more about managing him)
Nick (mostly did some running, bit of managing I'd say)
Dean (going through protocols)
Kreuger (Protocols)
Bobby - Not sure if he got a knock early on, but did some earlier stuff, then talked to some trainers where he then did some running to the off side.

They worked on their skills. From fundamentals, kicking to how they would set up. Fly was actively involved in many of the instructional set up during the ball movement drills.
He would explain would he wanted from them.

There was a bit of line groups.
Eyre officially back into the defence group.

Johnson and Allan were back after both missing the VFL game.

Worked through some ground balls, and stoppage work.
Match play was included.

Toward the last part of match play, some players didn't participate. Schultz who is nearing the end of his protocols didn't participate, neither did Cox - which may explain why Smit was on the black team?

Smit ended the match sim with a huge contested pack mark and followed it up with a goal, where they all got around him.
He definitely is an exciting prospect that's for sure.

Should we be worried about Jamie?
Not at this stage. It's only the first session of the week. I think some players were missing this time last week.
If he isn't there friday, I'd be concerned.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2024 training updates.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back