USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

I see that Rachel Maddow will present a Town Hall meeting with Harris. Can't believe that a cable host is doing this.

Oh wait, I read it wrong:

FOX News Channel’s (FNC) Hannity will present a town hall with Republican presidential candidate former President Donald Trump at the New Holland Arena in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania on September 4th from 9-10 PM/ET. Please click here to request tickets or here to apply for media credentials.

Moderated by FNC’s Sean Hannity, the pre-taped one-hour town hall will focus on the top issues impacting the country, how he is preparing for his upcoming debate with Democratic presidential candidate Vice President Kamala Harris and ambitions for the nation, among other topics.

Should very informative, riveting and unbiased. Def. a must watch.
How can you read that wrong?

You do realise that Trump has done a Town Hall with CNN's Kaitlin Collins.

Yes and it was live, not pre-recorded.
And on cue did a personal attack on Collins
Former President Donald Trump called CNN moderator Kaitlan Collins a “nasty person” at the end of the network’s town hall with the ex-president on Wednesday—

He hates women not from Faux

November 10, 2018 at 9:22 a.m. Melbourne Time
President Trump has made no secret of his contempt for reporters, whom he calls “fake news” and “enemy of the American people.” He’s also had unkind things to say about women and people who are African American.
This week, he hit a trifecta, singling out three African American women who are journalists. The women — Abby Phillip, April Ryan and Yamiche Alcindor — earned his contempt apparently just for asking him questions.
Trump called one of Phillip’s questions “stupid,” described Ryan as “a loser” and brushed off Alcindor, saying her question was “racist.”

Doocy’s dad is a moron on Fox News. Through merit doocy jr got a job at Fox News where he has proudly displayed he’s a bigger moron than his father.
Fixed

US democracy is collapsing.
What do Trump and Harris each represent?
Harris:
  • escalation of war, in the Middle East and in Ukraine.
  • $20 billion in additional funding to reinforce the border, keep out asylum seekers and thereby foment racism and xenophobia.
  • "Opportunity economy" - ie. opportunity for Wall Street billionaires to amass even more profits
  • Spending cuts - she is lying when she claims that her administration would make token additional spending for social services. If she is elected she will renege on any such promises immediately. The US cannot afford the costs of constant nuclear rearmament and supplying weaponry to Zelensky and Netahayu, while at the same time spending on the needs of the working people. We all know what will be sacrificed.
  • Wage suppression/real wage cuts. The Biden administration, in collaboration with the AFL-CIO union bureaucracy, have been imposing real wage cuts across his entire term, the most recent example being the intervention of the government to illegalise the railway workers strike, and impose on them a contract which leaves wages below inflation and conditions of exploitation at the same horrific levels.
Trump:
  • immediate deportation of 20 million immigrants. Such measures would require the installation of a military dictatorship.
  • Fomenting of extreme xenophobia against all immigrants, in the same manner as Hitler.
  • Massive social spending cuts to syphon more wealth to the corporate billionaires
  • Mobilisation of paramilitary fascists to suppress any protests by workers against low wages and exploitation.
  • Immediate preparations for war against China, which Trump and his backers regard as the existential threat to the interests of corporate America.
This is the choice that American voters face
If Trump wins, an immediate move to instal a dictatorship.
If Harris wins, expect Trump to challenge through another coup attempt, more dangerous than the first, because he has already had the experience and presumably drawn some lessons.
Even if Trump fails in a second coup attempt, a Harris administration will, by the logic of its policies, head towards expanding war (along with the threat of a nuclear armageddon) and increasingly dictatorial methods to deal with opposition.
Largely accurate with a few caveats:

• Escalation of war in the Middle East regardless of who is in power is on the cards.
  • Ukraine, donny may just give Russia whatever they want, not sure that is any better.

All of your negatives for the dems also apply to the GOP but more so. You are selecting between a centre-right party (with some good people who are more left) and a far-right party (with a handful of never Trumpers), essentially.

In terms of dictatorial measures to deal with opposition the dems would use, I don't see that happening. All they need to do is clamp down on the voter suppression the GOP get up to and encourage free and fair elections, and they win (or the only way the GOP can win is by being more palatable to the average voter)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is more hope than reality I think.

re: bolded - 46% of votes went to Trump. Big 'cult'

re: bolded 2 - is why she needs to not use buzz words and talk in circles as she does. That's not getting people off the sofa to vote
She could just be honest and say “since the Second World War, 51 million jobs have been created, 50 million of those have been during Democrat Presidency’s”.
Straight to point!👍

Endorsement update: If you guys absolutely must know, I remain undecided... the data processing continues. Am currently leaning 60/40 towards Kamala but let's wait for the first debate.
Just remember, there are two types of trump supporters, billionaires and idiots, what does your bank account say bud?

How about the 3rd party candidates?
What, you think I'm just gonna throw my endorsement away as if it's meaningless!?
Just remember, there are two types of trump supporters, billionaires and idiots, what does your bank account say bud?
checks account
Okay I'm sitting at about negative $4k. Even though I earn an impressive wage (in the high 5 digits) - rent ain't cheap!

Like most bullies, Trump cannot bear humiliation. His whole act is an act. He pretends to be strong and the best in everything—with the “best words” that come from a “very, very large brain.” But his malignant narcissism is clearly interlaced with deep insecurity. Real stable geniuses don’t have to brag about being stable geniuses. Trump might best be attacked not with frontal assaults about his lies, shortcomings, and misdeeds but with mockery.

Endorsement update: If you guys absolutely must know, I remain undecided... the data processing continues. Am currently leaning 60/40 towards Kamala but let's wait for the first debate.
Can you vote in the US 2024 election m8?

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Back