USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Vance was on the debating team at Yale.
I doubt that.
According to 83% of posters on here, he is a couch rooting backward thinking moron.
I actually thought he did quite well and handled things slightly better than his opponent who struggled to land punches
JD hammered home Donnies points on immigration scare tactics to perfection.

How much of a bump in the polls are you expecting Trump and Vance to get from this debate? Four points? More?

Minimal, if any.

But what it did do was paint Vance in a whole new light for those who have never heard him speak before. He is not the unsympathetic goon the biased, leftist, fake news media make him out to be. And he successfully argued that Trump is not the meme-inducing caricature that said media make him out to be.

He was flawless tonight.

I doubt that.
I saw a classmate of his team who stated that. Also...

According to 83% of posters on here, he is a couch rooting backward thinking moron.
Add hypocrite, liar, misogynist, fear monger and you can add one more to the 83%.
I actually thought he did quite well and handled things slightly better than his opponent who struggled to land punches
JD hammered home Donnies points on immigration scare tactics to perfection.
Didn't see it, will watch later.

Tim definitely assured Minnesota that they are the greatest state.
I think other minority electable states might feel peeved.
But that's only a personal observation.
I mean its a nice state with log cabins and 10,000 lakes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was a mauling. Vance obliterated Tim Tam. Of course they try and "fact check" Vance and Republicans but they let the Democrats lie, and in turn allow them to continue the destruction of America and the rest of the Western World.

I have a list of lies. Tim Tam said there has been 500 years of floods in Minnesota. Tried finding the history of that, it doesn't exist. Walnuts Tim also said housing prices are down, funny that the "moderators" didn't choose to fact check that given their own company did an article of this, hmmm lies lies and lies.

The same Kamala who ran America and the Western world into the ground just remember. She ripped up the border, 94 executive orders were dumped by Kamala whilst she let the border run rampant. She is complicit in the fentanyl coming into the US, and now finding its way to Australia and the rest of the west. You don't care for the middle class you claim to represent, you give 200 billion plus to Ukraine whilst your own people suffer struggling to afford their record high grocery bills, gas prices, house prices. Bidenomics is great isn't it Kamala you champion the destruction of society.

Oh and the best two of the night, Walz misspoke about being in Tianaman Square. Ye right we buy that, now you change your tune after being caught. And Walz is friends with school shooters, what a slip up.

We are well and truly screwed if Tim Tam and cackling Kamala "win" next month. The reason win is in inverted commas is because we all lose if they supposedly win. But the educated lot championing these two nutcases maybe want the destruction of society. I am convinced they do. Enjoy WW3 because the border failing and censorship, both massive issues will be irrelevant because you'll be living in total blackout singing radioactive as your count down the seconds to midnight.
On the flip side…

Minimal, if any.

But what it did do was paint Vance in a whole new light for those who have never heard him speak before. He is not the unsympathetic goon the biased, leftist, fake news media make him out to be. And he successfully argued that Trump is not the meme-inducing caricature that said media make him out to be.

He was flawless tonight.
Forget the Trumpist blame the commie media. He is an unsympathetic goon because of his own statements.

Minimal, if any.

He was flawless tonight.
You can put lipstick on a pig I guess.

The debate seems to be a wash in terms of reaction polls on who won.

Like the Trump debate though, the win will be on the adds they can cut of Vance saying things like "you aren't supposed to fact check" and refusing to say that Trump lost the previous election. They will be the things that resonate long term.

Don't think I will make time to watch it. Read this article and pretty much covers it.

Tuesday night’s Vance-Walz matchup was more civil and substantive than the Trump-Harris one — with enough for both sides to claim victory.

The vice presidential debate between Tim Walz and JD Vance on Tuesday was something of a stalemate, though it did feature several striking moments and offered an interesting preview into what presidential politics might look like once Donald Trump is off the stage.

It isn’t clear yet how genuinely undecided voters responded to the debate — a CBS poll afterward showed 42 percent of debate watchers thought Vance won and 41 percent thought Walz did, while 17 percent thought it was a tie. A CNN poll showed 51 percent thought Vance won and 49 percent thought Walz did (CNN didn’t offer the “tie” option).
Scored purely on affect and debating technique — without regard to factual accuracy — Vance did a bit better. He stuck to his two-pronged strategy: first, to blame Kamala Harris for everything voters don’t like that has happened under the Biden administration; and second, to put a reasonable-seeming face on Trumpism.

In doing so, though, Vance said many misleading or totally untrue things, such as that Donald Trump saved Obamacare, that immigrants caused the US housing crisis, and that Trump was merely peacefully discussing “problems” with the 2020 election rather than blatantly trying to steal that election from the rightful winner, Joe Biden.

Walz’s performance was rockier, and while he had his moments — he spoke effectively about health care, abortion, and Trump’s threat to democracy — his answers were less disciplined and more scattershot. He seemed flatfooted by a question regarding his past, reportedly untrue claims to have been in Hong Kong at the time of the Tiananmen Square crackdown in 1989 – not exactly the most important and pressing issue of the day, but something he probably should have prepared a better answer for.

So, on points, Vance may have won by a nose. But he did so in a way that is unlikely to matter very much, if at all, for the presidential contest. In general, vice presidential debates very rarely impact the polls. And this particular debate lacked any breakout moment likely to dominate headlines for days in what’s become a very crowded October news environment (Middle East escalation, Hurricane Helene, the port strike).

Tim definitely assured Minnesota that they are the greatest state.
I think other minority electable states might feel peeved.
But that's only a personal observation.
Yes Tim made it very clear he’s from Minnesota and JD made it very clear he has three children at home.

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Back