2nds 2024 VFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

First time I've seen him in action. Is he really 2m?? Doesn't seem to play that tall.
Not heard that he's 2m. The club site has him at 196cm which seems more realistic.

I did not realize the VFL had a wildcard round this year.
Maybe i read about it earlier in the year but had forgotten.
Mr Ripper mentioned "repecharge" in last Sundays post but it still did not register with me.

Smithy's VFL fixture, Wildcard Round

Saturday, August 24
Gold Coast v Frankston, People First Stadium, 1.05pm AEST

Sunday, August 25
Williamstown v Richmond, DSV Stadium, 12pm AEST

1724469129151.png

They did. Both winners got cleaned up in their Elimination Final if I recall correctly. So no real benefit except a cash grab I guess.

They should expand it to 3v6 and 4v5 as well.

$$$
Not a fan of that because basically if you don’t finish 1st or 2nd you dont stand a chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First week of VFL Finals confirmed: [Dates and times TBC]

QF1: Werribee v Geelong
QF2: Footscray v Brisbane
EF1: Southport v Frankston
EF2: Box Hill v Williamstown

The Brisbane Lions could be bolstered by the availability of a key trio ahead of next Saturday night’s Elimination Final against Carlton at the Gabba.

Jack Payne (foot) and Bruce Reville (fibula) are both confirmed to return from injury to play in Saturday’s VFL final against Footscray in Melbourne.

The club will then hope to have the pair available for selection for week one of AFL finals the following week.

Defender Brandon Starcevich, who missed last week’s win over Essendon with hamstring awareness, is also expected to come back into coach Chris Fagan’s team to face the Blues.

Starcevich has been running since last and will increase his training load over the coming days as he prepares to be given the green light to play.

1724835337273.png

Does the side for the QF on Saturday get named tonight?

Bruce Reville and Jack Payne to play, I wonder if Shadeau Brain does as well, the other one is Darragh Joyce, does he play or saved for seniors in case Jack Payne doesn't get through.

Does the side for the QF on Saturday get named tonight?

Bruce Reville and Jack Payne to play, I wonder if Shadeau Brain does as well, the other one is Darragh Joyce, does he play or saved for seniors in case Jack Payne doesn't get through.
They'll play whetever team they think best serves the senior team, which I think would mean guys who need a physical and/or mental break will get one.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds 2024 VFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back