2nds 2024 VFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Smith is ahead of Fort now imo. Should be first cab off the rank if Oscar or Joe have to miss. Imo.

I think Smith just needs to clean up his disposal a little then he'll be just about at that stage where he needs exposure at senior level

For those who haven't seen the game, here is some cuts for Henry Smith (mostly ruck work - as expected - both wins and losses) from Saturdays game.

Henry Smith #25
AF
G 0
B 0
D 23
K 10
H 13
M 6
T 3
HO 36
CL 6

Interesting discussion on where Smith and Fort rank. I think it is still pretty close as Smith is still learning to use his height an strength against shorter opponents. I think Smith has the potential to improve where as Fort is as good as he is going to get, if not in decline. Given there is not much between them any opportunity to use a second ruck at AFL level should go to Smith IMO.

However I like the strategy of taking Fort as travelling emergency. It means Smith gets another full game to develop his craft.

More for the list management thread, but I also note that Fort is contracted for next year, whereas Lane is out of contract. I wonder if there would be consideration of paying Fort out to create a list spot for Lane. The more responsibility Lane is given the better he seems to go.

I like hearing that. How far away are both Lane and Smith from passing Fort? It's a shame rookie list restrictions and list pressure is likely to see Lane delisted just as the years of development are paying off. It's gotta be a tough call. What sort of juggling act would be needed to keep him?

I read somewhere Henry Smith was in the radar for both Adelaide clubs and he decided to stick with us and extend his stay. If he doesn't play 1s by end of this year they may come calling again. He could be a fit for Port considering Sweet/Soldo isn't working for them.

Henry should be playing that 3rd tall to be fair but Logan Morris came from clouds and held his spot so far. Sliding doors moment as far as our list is concerned. We might very well keep Lane and Smith could move by end of this year.

For those who haven't seen the game, here is some cuts for Kalin Lane (mostly ruck work - as expected - both wins and losses) playing as 2nd Ruck/Fwd in Saturdays game.

Kalin Lane #45
AF
G 0
B 0
D 14
K 3
H 11
M 0
T 3
HO 9
CL 3

For those who haven't seen the game, here is some cuts for Kalin Lane (mostly ruck work - as expected - both wins and losses) playing as 2nd Ruck/Fwd in Saturdays game.

Kalin Lane #45
AF
G 0
B 0
D 14
K 3
H 11
M 0
T 3
HO 9
CL 3

Thanks Crusher greatly appreciated. Not his best game by the looks of it (I only saw a quarter. However I like the way he was able to hold his position in the ruck contests (in comparison to Smith). Some very nice tap outs in those clips.

Sam Marshall playing... fantastic AND welcome back Carter Michael.

For those that haven't seen anything of Marshall .... here's some clips from Round 1 of this year's u18 National Champs.

Marshall spent most of this game playing on the wing (except for two shorts stints on ball, at the end of the 3rd Qtr, and in the 4th Qtr)

Sam Marshall #16 Allies ..............(not Ricky)
AF
G 0
B 1
D 30
K 11
H 19
M 7
T 1
CL 3
MG 300

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad