2nds 2024 VFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I was hoping we’d take that Tassie lad; Shoenmakers who the Saints took after ours and I must admit I was pretty impressed with him in his debut game against us and think he’ll be a much better player than ZZ at this stage. Not sure what the recruiters saw in ZZ over Shoenmakers (perhaps they never considered him anyway) but they nailed Morris.

I’m sure if Freo or West Coast wanted ZZ they’d have taken him so he may just need to make do with where he’s at if he ain’t happy as some later posts kinda alluded to.

Schoenmakers slid because he has a lot of character issues. If one thing has been proven is that we are better off without those types.

He tackles. He doesn't mind the tough stuff inside. He does run both ways.

That is Unfortauntely the basic expectations required of any player playing his position.

Imo he needs to pick either disposal by foot or hand to get really good at. His disposal is still very poor.

It’s what he should set himself for over the off-season. Should buddy up with Berry/dunks because that is the type of player he could be.

That is Unfortauntely the basic expectations required of any player playing his position.

Imo he needs to pick either disposal by foot or hand to get really good at. His disposal is still very poor.

It’s what he should set himself for over the off-season. Should buddy up with Berry/dunks because that is the type of player he could be.
They are his consistent traits though. There's quite a few that don't carry those qualities playing midfield, so saying they are basic expectations is minimising his strengths, a bit unfair. I accept his deficiencies and acknowledge the improvement needed. And you are dead right he should follow the Berry/Dunkley route as a player.

He has had good performances in important games pretty much playing the role described. I think if he hadn't broke his wrist we may have seen more of it this year. We are limited in the defensive, tagging inside mid stocks and we've seen how important Berry has been adding to Dunkley in there. We have plenty of the creative type midfielder and more coming via draft. Dev may not become a champion but a solid first grade career isn't beyond him. I think very important depth wise going fwd. Lyons is past it, so he's probably next man up for Berry n Dunkley. No others on the list could do it better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back