2nds 2024 VFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great game by our rucks but 3 votes goes to number bloomin 16....karma will catch him sooner or later....who is an extremely poor loser lol . Guilty your honor.

Correct decision by the umpire against Prior. I think it was Prior.
Prior had an easy mark with no one near him and decided to thump the ball out while not contesting a mark.
I could not believe it when he did that. Game lost at that point.
That's considered insufficient intent.

18.10 OUT OF BOUNDS
18.10.1 Spirit and Intention Players shall be encouraged to keep the football in play.
18.10.2 Free Kicks - Out of Bounds A field Umpire shall award a Free Kick against a Player who:
(a) Kicks the football Out of Bounds On the Full;
(b) Kicks, Handballs or forces the football over the Boundary Line and does not demonstrate sufficient intent to keep the football in play; or
(c) fails to immediately hand the football to the boundary Umpire or drop the football directly to the ground once the football is Out of Bounds.
It'd be nice to know what the downfield was for. It was effectively a 70m penalty

Prior had an easy mark with no one near him and decided to thump the ball out while not contesting a mark.

18.10 OUT OF BOUNDS
18.10.1 Spirit and Intention Players shall be encouraged to keep the football in play.
18.10.2 Free Kicks - Out of Bounds A field Umpire shall award a Free Kick against a Player who:
(b) (c) Kicks, Handballs or forces the football over the Boundary Line and does not demonstrate sufficient intent to keep the football in play; or fails to immediately hand the football to the boundary Umpire or drop the football directly to the ground once the football is Out of Bounds.
Surely this doesn't count in a marking contest? I'm almost certain it was downfield

18.10 OUT OF BOUNDS
(b) (c) Kicks, Handballs or forces the football over the Boundary Line and does not demonstrate sufficient intent to keep the football in play; or fails to immediately hand the football to the boundary Umpire or drop the football directly to the ground once the football is Out of Bounds.
That's the way I saw it as well. Nothing there to warrant a downfield. He was all set to take an easy chest mark and for some inexplicable reason decided to fist it sideways.

18.10 OUT OF BOUNDS
I think you are correct. The confusion comes from the commentators not knowing what the free was paid for.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds 2024 VFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back