List Mgmt. 2025 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Taking a crack at the 23 and reserves with the likely changes so far, as well as a couple of predicted draft picks:

FB: McGovern Weitering Newman
HB: Cowan Haynes Saad
C: Acres Cerra Walsh
HF: Fogarty McKay E.Hollands
FF: Silvagni Curnow Williams

R: TDK Cripps Kemp

Int: O.Hollands (def/mid), Docherty (def/mid), Hewett (mid), Moir (fwd)

Sub: Motlop (fwd/mid)
Pretty good side Jimmae, probably one change for me.

Would like to see Boyd working with Saad on either side of Haynes, both attacking and good kicks off the HBFs.

Think Silvagni’s return will be bring forward line pressure and goal kicking ability more than Fogarty provides.

In: Boyd. Out: Fogarty

HB: Boyd Haynes Saad
HF: Silvagni, McKay E.Hollands
FF: Moir Curnow Williams

R: TDK Cripps Hewett

Int: O.Hollands, Cowan, Kemp, Docherty

Pretty good side Jimmae, probably one change for me.

Would like to see Boyd working with Saad on either side of Haynes, both attacking and good kicks off the HBFs.

Think Silvagni’s return will be bring forward line pressure and goal kicking ability more than Fogarty provides.

In: Boyd. Out: Fogarty

HB: Boyd Haynes Saad
HF: Silvagni, McKay E.Hollands
FF: Moir Curnow Williams

R: TDK Cripps Hewett

Int: O.Hollands, Cowan, Kemp, Docherty

Silvagni on one flank, Fogarty on the other. Best pressure forwards combo Carlton has and we've not seen them together in the forward line for 12 months or more.

Silvagni on one flank, Fogarty on the other. Best pressure forwards combo Carlton has and we've not seen them together in the forward line for 12 months or more.
Austin has already indicated that our forward line is going to look different next year - with the return of Silvagni, Williams training as a permanent forward and getting more game time into Moir. Also Motlop and Durdin only 20 and 21, expected to further develop.

I just think Fogarty will be behind these players in the pecking order. No doubt he’ll get games if the above players get injured or lose form.

I reckon if Cody Walker is looking like a certain first round pick in 2026 we just trade our first round pick from that year into the 2025 draft and don’t miss out in either of those year’s first round despite trading out of next year’s at this stage.

It might be pretty hard to match a bid on Walker without carrying our 1st rounder into 2026.

It might be pretty hard to match a bid on Walker without carrying our 1st rounder into 2026.
Agree. Under new rules, we'll probably need at least two-first rounders to match. Though we can borrow 2 years ahead. But finding takers for 2027 and 2028 first round picks will be hard, due to the Tassie picks coming in. i.e. our 2027/28 first round picks might be in the 30s.

I reckon if Cody Walker is looking like a certain first round pick in 2026 we just trade our first round pick from that year into the 2025 draft and don’t miss out in either of those year’s first round despite trading out of next year’s at this stage.
Revised system makes this impossible. Gone are the days of accumulating late picks to match bids. It will take that first rounder and then some to match the bid we will receive.

We get a little reprieve this year with the Campos able to be matched by late bids. Brisbane and Gold Coast get a final leg up as possibly will *.

Revised system makes this impossible. Gone are the days of accumulating late picks to match bids. It will take that first rounder and then some to match the bid we will receive.

We get a little reprieve this year with the Campos able to be matched by late bids. Brisbane and Gold Coast get a final leg up as possibly will *.
Second round and early third round picks are going to become very valuable. You could see future firsts getting traded for a high second round pick.

The ultimate goal would be to get SDK at the end of next year when he's OOC. Gives us a KPD for the now and a KPD we can build around as Walker, Walsh etc take the reigns from Cripps, Curnow, Weiters etc as they slow down.

Building around TDK, SDK, Walker, Walsh, Cerra is a pretty handy starting point for life post our current superstars.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think they'll settle on the changes they've made, at least for a few years.
They actually seem to be sensible changes, and should fix most of the issues that people have had with the current system.
I don’t see and why they need to make things difficult by changing pick values.

Sides trading back for multiple picks offer advantages to sides who are looking to improve their draft positions and additional back ended picks get better value, when these are activated. All teams win, both buyers and sellers. Clubs make these pick trades because it suits them.

The problem I have is the manipulation of academy kids by interstate clubs and the unrestricted player handouts that are given to teams for losing players at the following position they finished. They should be allocated at the end of draft rounds and calculations transparent.

Sides trading back for multiple picks offer advantages to sides who are looking to improve their draft positions and additional back ended picks get better value, when these are activated. All teams win, both buyers and sellers. Clubs make these pick trades because it suits them.

The problem I have is the manipulation of academy kids by interstate clubs and the unrestricted player handouts that are given to teams for losing players at the following position they finished. They should be allocated at the end of draft rounds and calculations transparent.
because the draft exists to try and get the best talent to the worst teams. Letting top sides get the best kids for peanuts is a joke.

The issue that annoys people is when clubs get to match bids (and therefore get gun players) without paying fair value. The changed value index is much fairer, and better reflects what picks are actually worth.

I agree that the FA compo is a much bigger problem.
If they must give compensation, Band 1 should start in the 2nd round.

Can't see Laverde developing further.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app
If Kemp can add some serious strength over the off season I see no reason he couldn't make himself into a good KPD option, but I have doubts he wants to add that much weight to his frame as it will prevent him from moving into a midfield role in the future.

The ultimate goal would be to get SDK at the end of next year when he's OOC. Gives us a KPD for the now and a KPD we can build around as Walker, Walsh etc take the reigns from Cripps, Curnow, Weiters etc as they slow down.

Building around TDK, SDK, Walker, Walsh, Cerra is a pretty handy starting point for life post our current superstars.
We unfortunately most likely won’t have the picks to cover what Geelong would be asking for, no first round next year, Walker the following year, unless we trade out a player of good value i can’t see it happening…
Happy to be wrong though 👍

We unfortunately most likely won’t have the picks to cover what Geelong would be asking for, no first round next year, Walker the following year, unless we trade out a player of good value i can’t see it happening…
Happy to be wrong though

We would have two future firsts and a second round pick and two future seconds to work with… but it’s also possible the asking price $ and picks is too much anyway

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If Kemp can add some serious strength over the off season I see no reason he couldn't make himself into a good KPD option, but I have doubts he wants to add that much weight to his frame as it will prevent him from moving into a midfield role in the future.
Not sure that's the plan for him. Nor is it the way he plays instinctually.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2025 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Back