List Mgmt. 2025 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

This list is majority Austin filled (and he likes namesakes) with more to come but some to drop off both groups.

Curly Jnr (25); Cowan, Motlop, OH, Cerra, ZW, Fogarty, Acres, Fantasia, J.Carroll, C.Durdin, EH, Binns, Hewett, Lemmey, M.Carroll, Young, Monahan, Wilson, Lord, Boyd, S.Durdin, Cincotta, HOK, Saad, Moir

SOS (13); JSOS, MK, H, McGovern, TDK, Kemp, Walsh, Weiters, Newman, Pitto, CC, Owies, Cotters

Others (2); Cripps, Doch

I'd love to see Kemp off a wing.

He is and always will be limited as a KPP.

His best moments have been in transition. Naturally attacking, good speed, good peg, great option down the line.

I would like Kemp in the midfield. To take the game on and bust through. He likes taking the game on which is why he is not a KPP.

Agree Kemp has lots of talent, naturally attacking, has speed and a good mark, especially when flying in not grappling…

To me, suits 3rd foil forward, with rotation HfF or maybe wing (if has the tank). Worth noting, re possible rotation: Acres is also very good as a ‘drop-into-space-up-forward’ with good o/h marking and set shot

I'd love to see Kemp off a wing.

He is and always will be limited as a KPP.

His best moments have been in transition. Naturally attacking, good speed, good peg, great option down the line.

Agreed. Can take the intercepting defensive marks by dropping back as an extra defender.

He’s not a KPP

Alternatives;
HFF > mobile FF rotation with CC.

HFF > wing rotation with Acres (rate as a handy forward as well).

I’m not sure Kemp has the footy smarts or the tank to play wing. I think his best chance to succeed is as a third forward. Another failure of list management that he has had to play out of position as a tall back and we still don’t know what he is in year 5 of his career. I’m not nearly as bullish on him as I was after 2022. I can’t help but think Sos and his list team got seduced by him slipping down the draft order because of his knee injury. With the exception of Stephens who has been traded and delisted the players taken around him have all made their mark which is to be expected by year 5. I really hope Kemp doesn’t end up like Philp as another blown pick in the 2019 draft.

Last edited:
Rated him in his draft year, but hasn't kicked on, I'd consider adding McHenry as a DFA

Hamill is another that could add some pace, but we have enough depth in HBFers

I’ve got a few Crows mates so watch a few games with them and hear all the goss. The common view is he runs around like a headless chook and has terrible disposal. It’s a hard pass for me.

Last edited:
Id take Chayce Jones, wouldn't take McHenry though. IQ and disposal let's him down a lot.

Yep absolutely no to McHenry. Seen a lot of him play locally and he runs around with a serious lack of awareness of positioning. This is costly to the team when he’s constantly caught out of position. He plays with heart and throws himself around for a little guy but that’s it because he also lacks polish with his foot skills. We can do better.

Hamill is one concussion away from retirement and also he has no core strength. He cannot stand up in a tackle and absorb it, instead he easily gets slung to the ground which contributes to the head knocks. If he wants to make another go of AFL he needs to work on his strength.

Of the Crows delisted, I’d be more interested in Gollant but even then probably not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could see Hynes playing that 3rd tall role next season behind JSos. Would be good competition for him coming off an ACL.

Not against it as he’d potentially be moving into the middle a few years from then as well.

However, if Kennedy stays then I assume we’d go a different direction.

I know we need some assistance down back for Weiters ... only why Haynes? Did he come cheap?
I thought the Days of SOS recruiting GWS rejects who can't get a game were long gone.
The Guy is 32 and on a 1 year deal. Is this if the Houston deal falls through, and someone is better than nothing?

Houston and Sam De Koning for mine

I don't see it with Hynes....if he was a third pick before a Ben bid maybe...he doesn't have the class of degoey and Rayner and looks to run as well as Jake stringer...may be slightly exaggerating but I think zurhaar is his ceiling
I think that’s why he’s touted as our first pick though. He’d be a much cheaper option rather than scouring the market for his type.

Zurhaar would be 600-700k and Stringer has a lot of baggage.

So why not take a punt on a young player who has similar traits that we can look after ourselves..?

I’m not against it but it’s not the most inspiring first pick, I’d give you that.

Somebody didn't listen to it properly.
I’ve seen the interview as well and he’s already toured the club earlier this year. We are into him.

He’d be gone by our second pick too so it’s fair to assume if we’re into him we’d use our first pick as it sits right now.

Would putting Cunningham on the rookie list be worthwhile, if we can? Happy to be shot down, due to how injury prone he is and his tendency to drift in and out of games. This could be a low risk approach (rookie), to potentially getting a player who offers a very high return. He ticks a lot of boxes that our list is lacking in: speed, class and silky skills. I think his ability as an inside midfielder in bursts/rotations is really underrated, as he looks like he can win clearances with ease and at speed.

I was watching footage of Murphy Reid, who is first round prospect in this year’s draft and he made me think about Cunningham as his playing style looks similar, although Reid is smaller and with less speed. Reid looks like he racks up more possessions than Cunningham may have as a junior. Nevertheless Cunningham, ain’t too old, at 27 yrs of age and I reckon he’s worth another chance - how many has he already had? Thoughts…?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2025 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Back