List Mgmt. 2025 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Tye Hourigan

He’s the best country footballer I’ve seen. I think he could play in the AFL for sure. He’s 6’3 and a bit, he can play on talls or smalls, he’s an elite mark, he runs a 6:20 2km, he’s got pace, he’s an elite user and he reads the footy better than anyone I’ve seen. There is no weakness.’’
An official from an opposition Gippsland league club said of Hourigan: “Everything is one-touch clean. He kicks the footy like a mule – hits a bloke on the chest with a 60m drop-punt – and he’ll pick the ball up at pace below his knees, sidestep someone coming the other way and off he goes. “He’s as good a key position player as I’ve seen at our level.’’

Charlie Clarke delisted after only two years by the Dogs.

Highly regarded in his draft class, had a decent year at VFL level, still only 20 years old.

Worth a serious look IMO.

Yeah. I saw that too. Really surprising that he’s been delisted after two years. What went wrong at the Dogs? He’s certainly one worth considering.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Don't think he would have got stuck there. Player's/their partners usually get to where they want these days. Think it was more that he didn't want to put Port in that position. Would have cost them more.

On SM-G980F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not if we are keeping our first round pick for the draft. They would not have done it for less. That's why his manager did not go this way. Nominating a club does not mean you get there for SFA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think he would have got stuck there. Player's/their partners usually get to where they want these days. Think it was more that he didn't want to put Port in that position. Would have cost them more.

On SM-G980F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Players only nominate when the club the want to go to is willing to trade fairly for them. The do it to break tight locks. If he nominated us, we would have offered second and third round picks and it would not have got done, he would have ended up at Collingwood last minute or got stuck in SA with egg in his face. It was not a situation where a player nominates.

I remember being so disappointed when we missed out on him on draft nite and ended up with the consolation prize in Harry McKay....
I was on the McKay bandwagon from way back but only because I knew Weideman would slip between our picks. I had him just a smidge ahead. With what we had, I wanted Weitering, Francis (though I pushed back strongly on the idea going around that he'd be a perfect fit for our first pick) and McKay. I never wanted us to draft Schache, not because of anything I saw in his game, I just didn't think he'd pass the interview process.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2025 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Back