List Mgmt. 2025 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

TDK turns 26 in 2025, people will say rucks mature late, but his game is based on athleticism and that doesn't increase as players get older.

Personally I think we're at his ceiling now. It's a high ceiling. And I love TDK when he has the game on his terms.

But my biggest concern is that his output seems to be entirely dependant on his matchup.

Put him against a less physical ruck (e.g. SDK, McInerney) and he has the ability to dominate games.

But big bruisers (e.g. Xerri, Nankervis) eat him for breakfast.

And what does TDK look like beyond age 30 when his athleticism drops off?

We'll probably pay whatever it takes because we're screwed without him... but I don't think it will represent good value.

I reckon he can change tack as he matures further.

At the moment his athleticism is his biggest weapon, but in 5 years time he'll have filled out even more, he'll still be tall, he'll have more experience, and he can become one of those bruiser-types.

TDK turns 26 in 2025, people will say rucks mature late, but his game is based on athleticism and that doesn't increase as players get older.

Personally I think we're at his ceiling now. It's a high ceiling. And I love TDK when he has the game on his terms.

But my biggest concern is that his output seems to be entirely dependant on his matchup.

Put him against a less physical ruck (e.g. SDK, McInerney) and he has the ability to dominate games.

We'll probably pay whatever it takes because we're screwed without him... but I don't think it will represent good value.

Sorry, it was TDK who turned the game against Xerri in the 3rd quarter with all sorts of ailments. TDK can dominate against them all, his confidence and new found knowledge of what he’s really capable of would have been an eye opener for him during that stretch of games before injury.

It completely clicked, let’s just get him signed ASAP

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Can't believe that anybody is prepared to die on the Setterfield, Dow and Carroll hill.
We are dying on the 'one player of need each season to make all the difference' hill as we speak.

Nobody gives a crap about anything other than scoring a big hit with our first rounders, whether through trade or through the draft. The clippings go to the fantasy that other team's delisted players are somehow more worthy than ours.

It's a crapshoot at best.

I’ve got no problem with Jack Carroll being delisted - he just doesn’t have any point of difference - I’d much rather we see what we’ve got with Lord, Campo twins and Pick 3 and also give Ollie Hollands and Corey Durdin a chance through there.

I’ve also got no problem with Fantasia being on the list for another year. He has lost his spark but he is the most natural small forward we’ve had since Eddie Betts, and also showed a willingness in games to work hard and play a role.

The one that is baffling is Sam Durdin being allowed to train with us. I’d rather we have any one of McMahon, Grainger-Barrass or Ethan Phillips (and possibly even Charlie McCartin) on our list than him. We are effectively one player short having him on the list.

I’ve got no problem with Jack Carroll being delisted - he just doesn’t have any point of difference - I’d much rather we see what we’ve got with Lord, Campo twins and Pick 3 and also give Ollie Hollands and Corey Durdin a chance through there.

I’ve also got no problem with Fantasia being on the list for another year. He has lost his spark but he is the most natural small forward we’ve had since Eddie Betts, and also showed a willingness in games to work hard and play a role.

The one that is baffling is Sam Durdin being allowed to train with us. I’d rather we have any one of McMahon, Grainger-Barrass or Ethan Phillips (and possibly even Charlie McCartin) on our list than him. We are effectively one player short having him on the list.

The thing with Durdin is even if he gets through the whole preseason I still wouldn't trust him enough to list him. His upside isn't enough to bother with given his injury history. Ultimately he's a depth player who is never available as depth.

We are dying on the 'one player of need each season to make all the difference' hill as we speak.

Nobody gives a crap about anything other than scoring a big hit with our first rounders, whether through trade or through the draft. The clippings go to the fantasy that other team's delisted players are somehow more worthy than ours.

It's a crapshoot at best.
No. The poster i was replying to was bemoaning us not keeping or replacing Setterfield, Dow and Carroll. Nothing more, nothing less.

You're forgetting Lord & Duffy, so it's 4 Senior & 3 Rookie spots available.

I seriously doubt we bring in a DFA prior to the Rookie Draft.
I know it's been discussed here to an inch of its life, but I'm fairly confident Duffy fills the Cat B spot vacated by big Dom.

It'll be interesting if we potentially bring in a DFA that we're keen on, and trade pick 38 for a future 2nd to free up a list spot.

I know it's been discussed here to an inch of its life, but I'm fairly confident Duffy fills the Cat B spot vacated by big Dom.
Confirmed:
Irishman Matt Duffy will also join the club for the 2025 season, filling the second category B rookie slot alongside countryman Rob Monahan.

It'll be interesting if we potentially bring in a DFA that we're keen on, and trade pick 38 for a future 2nd to free up a list spot.
DFA will impact our flexibility at the draft, so won't happen.

We also want youth, therefore 4 picks in ND.

Sounds like we are using SSP as potential for mature recruits, not DFA

DFA will impact our flexibility at the draft, so won't happen.

We also want youth, therefore 4 picks in ND.

Sounds like we are using SSP as potential for mature recruits, not DFA
Don't think it does. Not now that we've created 7 vacancies. Taking a DFA will just remove pick 89 from our draft picks, which is inconsequential.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But will mean we go to 37 senior if we want to take 4 ND picks (eg Lucas gets bid on)
If Ben gets a bid before pick 38, we'll likely trade it out for a future - so we may end up only taking 3 in the ND anyway.

I guess my point was that if we choose to trade it out beforehand, it creates a list spot for a DFA. So we take 3 in the draft, a DFA, and get an extra 2nd round pick in the 2025 draft.

If Ben gets a bid before pick 38, we'll likely trade it out for a future - so we may end up only taking 3 in the ND anyway.

I guess my point was that if we choose to trade it out beforehand, it creates a list spot for a DFA. So we take 3 in the draft, a DFA, and get an extra 2nd round pick in the 2025 draft.

I reckon we'd prefer to trial the players we're considering over summer.

That's providing all the best options don't get taken as DFA but this year we should be ok. List spots are tight and clubs want to use them at the draft.

Slow one-paced midfielders aren't the answer in 2025.

No place for him in the middle alongside Cripps.

Hewett a better midfielder and even he is on the fringe given his lack of pace.

And he's not good enough to play as a permanent forward.

Sulking it up after being subbed in the elim final was it for me.
That’s not really relevant to my position, I’m saying that having players in the VFL who are decent players to call upon in times of injury or when players are tired, is really important.

Having a strong VFL side that plays finals is also important and Kennedy provides a AFL quality back up.

It’s ok that he’s moved on but then I would have though Carrol would stay

The games I’ve seen him get smashed are games where I’ve thought he hasn’t changed his tactics and questioned who’s advising him during breaks.

With the rules as they are, it’s hard to just jump over these guys as they can just stiff arm you as you jump or in the air.

He can still learn plenty of ruck craft which will help him.

Keeping his body healthy is the biggest priority

Slow one-paced midfielders aren't the answer in 2025.

No place for him in the middle alongside Cripps.

Hewett a better midfielder and even he is on the fringe given his lack of pace.

And he's not good enough to play as a permanent forward.

Sulking it up after being subbed in the elim final was it for me.
I think there wasn't a place for all 3 of Cripps, Hewett and Kennedy. I would've kept Kennedy over Hewett due to his flexibility as a pinch hit forward and ruck...however Hewett is a more consistent mid and still a solid clearance winner as a backup to Cripps.

That’s not really relevant to my position, I’m saying that having players in the VFL who are decent players to call upon in times of injury or when players are tired, is really important.

Having a strong VFL side that plays finals is also important and Kennedy provides a AFL quality back up.

It’s ok that he’s moved on but then I would have though Carrol would stay
I think this is true, but I think the better way to have a good VFL team is to have a strong list outside the AFL-listed players.

The no.1 goal for list spots should be uncovering who is best 22 or second priority, having players who can be 'next up' on the depth chart.

Having a competitive VFL side is important too, but only as a third priority.

Carroll is certainly too good for VFL, but he doesn't have the point of difference of positional flexibility to be best 22 withour other mid-types.

Jack Carroll is a confusing one. Pick 41 four years back, 20-odd games and most of the this year. What has he not done? Or why are we NOW convinced he can’t do it?

That’s what the sort of pick we got Kennedy for buys you. Feels like we delist a hell of a lot of our second and third rounders after getting exactly **** all out of them.
our development still needs to improve

Nothing to do with the way they rate the playing list. The poster is always nit picking and finding ways to discredit either Voss or the club as a whole. So much so that I would describe it as “troll like”
You might now agree with them but no one trolling devotes passion and time like this.

Disagree by all means but stop making it personal please

DGB & Phillips real options being considered. Interested in Charlie McCartin

J.Carroll knew weeks ago but hoping for trade. WCE cooled off after being interested

Durdin will be given chance to prove fitness over pre season after looking at options for soft tissue injuries. Much like Cerra

Pick 3 not moving. Pick 38 will be used on draft or moved to Future (is plan)
The idea of Durdin returning is mind-boggling to me. His issue isn't soft tissue, it's the culmination of knee injuries and leg breaks.

He's too slow and can't leap and land with any confidence. Move on, Carlton.
LDU / Ed Richards please next year free agents.Exactly the types we need.
I think with our cap and football department spend situation it'll be more affordable to build a time machine and re-draft in 2017

We can have Zac Bailey instead of Richards

So a net 5 senior list positions and 4 rookie list positions.
Or 4 and 5 respectively with Boyd elevation.
You're forgetting Lord & Duffy, so it's 4 Senior & 3 Rookie spots available.

I seriously doubt we bring in a DFA prior to the Rookie Draft.
Don't think it does. Not now that we've created 7 vacancies. Taking a DFA will just remove pick 89 from our draft picks, which is inconsequential.
Running under the assumption we want to take at least 2 picks before the Campo twins, we still have another 3 list spots available.

Not sure where the Boyd elevation sits with the new rookie list rules, but it won't really impact us immediately because we're currently at the Cat A rookie list minimum.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2025 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Back