Discussion 2025 Pre-Season Planning Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

It's hard to trust again when they hurt you so.......

Could be the year to go very cheap in midfield. The ruck line will cost less. Might be able to get a premo in at M6. Haven't done the maths but something like.

D - Flanders, Sheezel, NWM, Coleman, Rookies x4
M - Serong, Rozee, Petracca, Young, Oliver, Day, rookies x5
R - Meek, Xerri, donut
F - Rankine, BSmith, Phillipou, rookies x5
With that you'll have lots of $$$ to spare

Hayden Young once he builds the tank will be unstoppable, first locked for me 🔐
Beat me too it.
Plus more TOG as he matures. Will be SP before long.

Trent Rivers should still have DEF eligibility 🔒

My very early 2025 Planning notes:
These players are on my watchlist with their current Averages and expected 2025 positions.

Defenders

Sinclair (109) Def/Mid
Clarke (106) Def
Stewart (100) Def/Mid
Rivers (87) Def/Mid
Flanders (118) Def/Mid
McKercher (82) Def/Mid
Richards (100) Def/Mid
Dekoning (70) Def/Ruck
Short (80) Def

Midfielders

Bont (125) Mid
Sheezel (118) Mid
Naicos (117) Mid
Tom Green (104) Mid
Gulden (111) Mid
Petracca (103) Mid Should get a 10% injury Discount
Oliver (87) Mid
Parker (65)
Mills (62) Should get a 10% injury Discount
Coniglio (83) Should get a 10% injury Discount

Rucks

Xerri (114) Ruck
English (111) Ruck
Grundy (111) Ruck
Draper (73) Ruck/Fwd

Forwards

Rankine (102) Fwd/Mid
Moore (95) Fwd
Jackson (100) Fwd/Ruc
Hollands (74)
Phillipou (54)

Players who could go to other clubs with a better role.

Hind (51)
Macrae (72)
DGB (0)
Daniel (48)
Curtain (24) Should stay but juicy price
Sheldrick (0)

Players coming back from LTI's

Smith
Lynch
Gibcus
Doedee
Hewett

Money bags 💰💰💰💰 Scoops ... gutsroy

Pay Day Love GIF
Show Me The Money GIF
Make It Rain Money GIF by Tim and Eric

(Log in to remove this ad.)

eh hes top 10 in the league for score involvements and id argue he's in the higher echelon of midfielders for disposal efficiency

He also kills Green on paper this season
View attachment 2064550

I've had him since the start this year and he is frustrating to own. I think he would need to get his TOG over 80% to be a 110 avg player.

eh hes top 10 in the league for score involvements and id argue he's in the higher echelon of midfielders for disposal efficiency

He also kills Green on paper this season
View attachment 2064550
I like Young, held him all year. But he has a lot of clangers, which is a crucial stat in SC.

I'll consider him if he can up his TOG next year, don't see much value if he doesn't.

I've had him since the start this year and he is frustrating to own. I think he would need to get his TOG over 80% to be a 110 avg player.

I like Young, held him all year. But he has a lot of clangers, which is a crucial stat in SC.

I'll consider him if he can up his TOG next year, don't see much value if he doesn't.
I traded him in round 2 but got him back fairly quickly

Clangers is a bit of a myth imo. It was an issue early days but he's cleaned it up a lot. He averages less clangers than Gulden, Cripps, Treloar who are all 110+ midfielders

The bigger issue is his TOG and ability to find the ball, but i think that comes down to TOG more than anything.

Midfielders who tackle, get score involvements and are efficient by foot are supercoach kings. Young is great at all 3. He does go missing though, whether that be tog or what not he needs to become more consistent. I do think he's getting better though in what is his only real season as a mid.

Midfielders who tackle, get score involvements and are efficient by foot are supercoach kings. Young is great at all 3. He does go missing though, whether that be tog or what not he needs to become more consistent. I do think he's getting better though in what is his only real season as a mid.
This year he has been annoying and scores in spurts - but, that could be adjusting to the new midfielder role and fitness (TOG). I'm definitely getting him in 2025, if he has DEF role

I traded him in round 2 but got him back fairly quickly

Clangers is a bit of a myth imo. It was an issue early days but he's cleaned it up a lot. He averages less clangers than Gulden, Cripps, Treloar who are all 110+ midfielders

The bigger issue is his TOG and ability to find the ball, but i think that comes down to TOG more than anything.
It's not a myth, he averages over 4 this year. 5 on the weekend just gone, second highest for Freo.

But you are right he has tidied it up a lot after a horrendous start to the year. Playing inside mid it's just what happens. I'm not arguing against him. TOG is 74% this year. If he can get it over 80% then he can easily do 110+

It's not a myth, he averages over 4 this year. 5 on the weekend just gone, second highest for Freo.

But you are right he has tidied it up a lot after a horrendous start to the year. Playing inside mid it's just what happens. I'm not arguing against him. TOG is 74% this year. If he can get it over 80% then he can easily do 110+
yeah look myth was a poor choice of words i guess i just meant its not as big of a hindrance as it seems. Sure if he cleaned it up it would help but he makes up for it with other avenues of scoring.

I'm overseas now, I'll be posting very sporadically. I had banked like 20+ posts, now you miss out :p
HOW DARE YOU have a life outside of a fantasy football forum on ReasonablySizedFooty.Com

Safe travels pal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion 2025 Pre-Season Planning Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back