Discussion 2025 Pre-Season Planning Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

i dont think oliver is even worth picking unless he has a flawless preseason and really strong praccy matches. bloke is mentally cooked.

callum mills is one i dont think people are talking about when they should be. full preseason and some mid minutes and he will be an 110+ mid priced well below that.
That'll be great for the 6-8 games he plays.

Matt Roberts is one to watch. Average of 109.83 over the past 6 rounds, 24.5 touches and plenty of marks and tackles. Taking lots of kick-ins as well. Very favourable role. Should be less than $450k.

So many cheap mids. Mills, Coniglio, Taranto, Petracca, Oliver, Rozee, Parish, Cerra, De Goey..
No
Hell No
God No
Yes absolutely
No
No
No
Maybe
No

Does anyone know the formula for the injury discounts?
From what I understand is if a player plays less than 8 games they get a 30% discount :think:

As far as I'm aware:

Played Over 8 games- no discount
Played 6-7 games - 10% Dsicount
Played 4-5 games - 20% discount
Played 1-3 games - 30% discount
Full season missed - 50% Discount (has been 40%, 30% and 10% in the past, depends how herald sun feel).

If they play 1 game and score poorly, they can decide to use preivous years average instead and apply 50% discount.

Last edited:
As far as I'm aware:

Full season missed - 50% Discount (has been 40%, 30% and 10% in the past, depends how herald sun feel).
Played Over 8 games- no discount
Played 6-7 games - 30% Dsicount
Played 1-3 games - 10% discount

If they play 1 game and score poorly, they can decide to use preivous years average instead and apply 50% discount.

Are those figures correct?
I would have thought the less games played the bigger discount?

Played 6-7 games - 10% Dsicount
Played 1-3 games - 30% discount

Not sure why Mills is seemingly being ruled out by a lot of people.

Will be cheap as next year. I get he's had his issues with injuries in the past, but his injury this year was a freak accident. Last year he still managed 20 games and the year prior he played every game and was in the top 10 players. Averaged over 110 the year prior to that too.

He doesn't need to play every game and will be cheap enough to easily make $150-200k minimum if he has a good pre-season. Looked good last night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So many cheap mids. Mills, Coniglio, Taranto, Petracca, Oliver, Rozee, Parish, Cerra, De Goey..
Mills - As a fwd, mos definitely.

Coniglio - nup, not unless he had fwd status, then still probably nup
Taranto - **** no

Tracc - Locked and loaded. Will make a delicious tag team with Naicos if he’s leaving the Dees

Oliver - PS watch. If he’s off the bags he’s capable of going 100-110.

Rozee - @ $550k I’d rather Tracc

Parish - PS watch. Juicy price, like Clarry.

Cerra - been injured and played out of position this year. Needs to be in the guts. If in the guts, maybe.

De Goey = De Noey

R2 looking like the most difficult position to fill next season.

I mean, Xerri bomb is locked and loaded at R1, (check this campaigners tackling stats the last two months, fmd, he’s a weapon), however, I’m not keen on any of the other big scorers from this season:

Roma - don’t like as a starting pick
Gawn - will be exxy af and a year older. Not sure I want to travel that path again.
English - **** off
Grundy - see English
Nank - meh

So that leaves TDK and Meek. Both should be around that $550k mark.

R2 looking like the most difficult position to fill next season.

I mean, Xerri bomb is locked and loaded at R1, (check this campaigners tackling stats the last two months, fmd, he’s a weapon), however, I’m not keen on any of the other big scorers from this season:

Roma - don’t like as a starting pick
Gawn - will be exxy af and a year older. Not sure I want to travel that path again.
English - **** off
Grundy - see English
Nank - meh

So that leaves TDK and Meek. Both should be around that $550k mark.
I still think Marshall is a good pick, and has given a fair few good ceiling games too to make himself an option.

If TDK’s body holds up, he’s the one. Young and he doesn’t rely on just hit outs for scoring output.

Meek improves again with an improving hawks team, especially the midfield.

I also think one to throw in for the sake of discussion is Darcy Cameron who has been very good too.

Hopefully a trade or situational change within a club presents a budget type option too.

Mills - needs to have the DPP, otherwise Sydney bat too deep in the middle.

Cogs - Too injury prone, getting older. If Peatling stays, he is a threat to the CBA’s next year.

Taranto - team is going to be just as bad next year.

Petracca - Big yes.

Oliver - Everything hangs on the pre season and whether he has a full one. Big yes if so.

Rozee - Depending on the price he finishes at and structure of midfield premiums in the team.

Parish - Noooooooooooooo

Cerra - Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

De Goey - if performances in Bali gave points then maybe

Just need to remind myself to not sideways trade next year. Don’t think any of them have worked and have cost me come finals

Whitfield -> Serong

Steele -> Ridley

Xerri -> Walsh (to get sweets 138)

Disaster

I still think Marshall is a good pick, and has given a fair few good ceiling games too to make himself an option.

If TDK’s body holds up, he’s the one. Young and he doesn’t rely on just hit outs for scoring output.

Meek improves again with an improving hawks team, especially the midfield.

I also think one to throw in for the sake of discussion is Darcy Cameron who has been very good too.

Hopefully a trade or situational change within a club presents a budget type option too.
Best chance is Nick Madden (GWS). Putting up big numbers in the VFL. Only 20yo. Going to be elite. Reckon he'll go past Briggs in the next couple of years if they are both still there.

Pittonet and Voss as coach is turning me off TDK the more i think on it. I think i am locked onto Nankervis as second ruck at this early stage.

Could also just go balls to the wall and take Max at 700k.... o_O

Pittonet and Voss as coach is turning me off TDK the more i think on it. I think i am locked onto Nankervis as second ruck at this early stage.

Could also just go balls to the wall and take Max at 700k.... o_O
Pittonet won't be in the team if TDK is. He's garbage around the ground. Two rucks doesn't work for them. It's been proven. Won't be surprised if Pitto asks for a trade in the off season. TDK is elite when fit. Injury risk is the main concern.

Pittonet won't be in the team if TDK is. He's garbage around the ground. Two rucks doesn't work for them. It's been proven. Won't be surprised if Pitto asks for a trade in the off season. TDK is elite when fit. Injury risk is the main concern.

TDK it is then if what you say is true. :thumbsu:

TDK it is then if what you say is true. :thumbsu:
Up until round 15, they played two rucks for 6 of those games and lost 4. Those 4 losses were their only losses to that point in the season. Say what you want about the carnage on their injury list, but TDK is the biggest loss for them IMO.

Not sure how he's looked, but would assume he'll come cheap b next year if DEF eligible, might be worth a look

Can't see him receiving a discount on top of being priced to lower output

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion 2025 Pre-Season Planning Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back