This was just before his injury.

HARRY SHEEZEL DEF/MID​

DEF41%
MID34%
FWD25%

jackie chiles ok GIF

some players i will be watching

[...]
short - classic burn player but will be significantly underpriced, particularly if rioli gets traded
jayden short going high up the watchlist now with tigers departures.

priced at 82 ($460k~), they have no other senior half backs in a side that should (in theory) get belted every week with the experience leaving.

reckon we're going to see an aaron hall type season out of him.

caveat is he has extensive soft tissue history and is a pretty flaky player, but has averaged 98 for 3 seasons in a row before this one and think should push 100 next year and be a nice d6 if he can get to that.

Sam Durham? What are people’s thoughts. I don’t watch much of Essendon games but heard his name brought up a bit.

I like the way he goes about it from the highlights I have seen. Players who play with heart fit what I am looking for in a player.

Zak Butters will be the number 1 mid next year. Bookmark this for 12 months time.

jayden short going high up the watchlist now with tigers departures.

priced at 82 ($460k~), they have no other senior half backs in a side that should (in theory) get belted every week with the experience leaving.

reckon we're going to see an aaron hall type season out of him.

caveat is he has extensive soft tissue history and is a pretty flaky player, but has averaged 98 for 3 seasons in a row before this one and think should push 100 next year and be a nice d6 if he can get to that.

He isn't a Hall type of seagull player but I do agree he will be unders next season but maybe not a 100 avg player maybe more around the 90 mark. He is a downhill skier but Tigers will see it down there plenty of times next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Def:
Sheezel/Sicily are locked. Sheezel will be C/VC early on. Will probably look at one of Nick Martin/Jordan Clark, expecting similar output from both. Mills at 360k will be hard to avoid, and then Coleman+Cumming as injury affected guys priced between 200-300k. Cumming would need to move clubs to play HB.

Mid
Will probably take all the value. Oliver, Day, Dawson, Green. Keen on Andy Brayshaw, last 2 seasons had bad starts due to injury so hopefully will be g, did 117 post bye and no tags. Gona skip Rozee, cbas dropped and think it will continue with too many mouths to feed. For M1 will probably go one of Butters and Daicos, Bont too expensive. Jagga Smith and Levi Ashcroft look like good rooks.

Ruck
Xerri/TDK set and forget.

Fwd
See what happens with Macrae if he moves clubs. Phillpou at 300k is locked. Hutchinson at 240k is a watch if he gets cbas, same goes for hugo Garcia. Bailey Smith first picked in the whole game. Think Rankine will have a big preseason so will consider him, wants to be the best player in the league.

I'm not sure about Sheezle now. I heard him on Sen on Friday and he was saying how he will be playing Mid/Fwd next year not what you want to hear from someone with a starting price of $660k+

Remove this Banner Ad

Discussion 2025 Pre-Season Planning Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back