21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 23 - GWS - Brendan Fevola
Pick 24 - Windrunners - Scott Pendlebury
Pick 25 - Manninghorse - Sam Mitchell
Pick 26 - Hawthorn - Warren Tredrea

The list managers at Hawthorn are delighted. They intended to pick a key forward with pick 9. But when Franklin (of course), Riewoldt, Pavlich and Lloyd were all gone (was hopeful the latter 2 would make it) and surprisingly Cox and Gawn were still available, they made a short list of elite key forwards they wanted and gambled that of the few names on that list, one might slide to pick 26 (one name in particular was a possibility). Now with the ability to pick a generational ruck and an elite CHF,

Hawthorn select with pick 26, Warren Tredrea.

Underrated in Victoria, Hawthorn is pleased to welcome a player that won 4 straight AAs at CHF, a premiership captain, 4x B&F winner (all in dominant years, including a flag), a coaches award winner, etc ,etc.

Over to you Purple7x08_24
Another I considered for Jack's spot

The list managers at Hawthorn are delighted. They intended to pick a key forward with pick 9. But when Franklin (of course), Riewoldt, Pavlich and Lloyd were all gone (was hopeful the latter 2 would make it) and surprisingly Cox and Gawn were still available, they made a short list of elite key forwards they wanted and gambled that of the few names on that list, one might slide to pick 26 (one name in particular was a possibility). Now with the ability to pick a generational ruck and an elite CHF,

Underrated in Victoria, Hawthorn is pleased to welcome a player that won 4 straight AAs at CHF, a premiership captain, 4x B&F winner (all in dominant years, including a flag), a coaches award winner, etc ,etc.

I was really hoping he'd slide to my next pick. Wishful thinking and great pick up mate

Oh dear.... was hoping that he would slip to my 2nd pick

The Big Lebowski Reaction GIF

Yeah but make sensible picks for them, look at what they have address something they don’t have and get the best player in your mind for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmmm. Same poster we were waiting on in round 1.

Needs to lift or opt out IMO.

Looks like we’ve got us the draft equivalent of Stokey in the song contest eth-dog.

on a serious note ill suggest Brian Lake or Sam Taylor

The original post suggested 8 hour time limits which wouldn’t come up until about 5pm.
I’d suggest rather than any auto selection that they are just skipped until they can take their selection and hopefully they can just come online and make their own preferred selection at a later time and the draft goes on.
I like this idea.

Gives them a penalty for being late but also enables them to structure their team the way they'd planned.

The original rules I had set out was to give the full 8 hours (in case of work, something unexpected, etc) with the hope that it would be very rare and that we could move quickly - with people giving me a list if expecting to be offline.

I then suggested we assign people the next highest brownlow vote earner once the time elapsed. Am happy if people prefer to leave it blank and allow the poster to come back and select from who's left when they return.

Remember, player and pick trading is available also.

Remove this Banner Ad

21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back