21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm Def in but may struggle with 8 working hour time limit, as I'm usually at work. (Get kids ready morning, help with homework and cook dinner at night. ) being in WA my hours will be a bit out anyway

I'll probably have a few toilet posts at work and miss some obvious people. 😆

Especially working out who debuts 95 or later. I might just look from 94 draft onwards and hope for the best when pushed for time

You're right in that you don't want too many but having the set teams means you must have 18. If only 10 sign up, you're well short. If 20, you're over. Let the guys pick their own team names if they even want one.

Yep, already flagged I'm happy to for people to rename their teams as they please. I just started with the traditional names as it is easier and people mostly wanted to keep those names anyway. You are welcome to change your team to whatever you like.

I think we'll see how the next 24 hours goes. Half the participants haven't agreed yet to play on so if the interest is low we can reduce the teams and make the draft a little quicker. If we get a few extras interested, then I reckon it could be ok to expand to say, 20 teams (a nice round number). Any more than that I think it gets too difficult/long. Not only does it mean a lot of extra picks over 22 rounds but much longer between picks (for individual teams) which I think will reduce the interest of those already participating

I'm Def in but may struggle with 8 working hour time limit, as I'm usually at work. (Get kids ready morning, help with homework and cook dinner at night. ) being in WA my hours will be a bit out anyway

Especially working out who debuts 95 or later. I might just look from 94 draft onwards and hope for the best when pushed for time

You've been pretty active so far - I wouldn't worry. Most of the posts are coming at night anyway and the 8 hours should give a fair bit of leeway. I'm in the same boat by the way (8-10 hr work days, 2 kids and a baby, make dinner, swimming, Auskick, etc, etc).

Edit: Also, it's not 'working hours' per se - it just doesn't count overnight against people.

So you're up at pick 10 right. You know 5 or so players you want, if you know you're going to potentally be busy. You can DM them to the host and have them automatically applied.

So you're up at pick 10 right. You know 5 or so players you want, if you know you're going to potentally be busy. You can DM them to the host and have them automatically applied.

Yep, happy with that. Just prefer people to do this when they know they won't be available rather than automatically do it regardless. Reason being- is aside from it being a bit tricky (and time consuming) to navigate everyone's preferences, I have every intention (and am super keen) to participate myself and I don't want to muck up the integrity by knowing who everyone else is going to pick.

Just give me pick one, I'm ready to go 😂

I was actually working out plans for pick 18 and 19 assuming I would have Sydney and assuming it would be a snake draft so I am not sure what I am doing as my plan was to pick two players who perhaps would go a bit later in the draft (so a bit of a bolter on my end) but that was for pick 18. If I have pick 4 I can't go for that player as it would be too much of a bolter.

I was actually working out plans for pick 18 and 19 assuming I would have Sydney and assuming it would be a snake draft so I am not sure what I am doing as my plan was to pick two players who perhaps would go a bit later in the draft (so a bit of a bolter on my end) but that was for pick 18. If I have pick 4 I can't go for that player as it would be too much of a bolter.
There's seven players I've set aside as the absolute elite in my view so a pick in the top seven will do me nicely. Otherwise I'll have to be more strategic with my first pick

what position was Paul Licuria

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ns.

Then, rather than specify the 1995 draft as the starting point (as people will pick from and argue about the 1995 preseason draft which was a part of the '94 draft, about the underage concession draftees and about mature players that are re-drafted), I'm going to keep it simple and say anyone that debuted in 1995 or later is fair game.

Ripper, Johnny Rombotis in the 22nd round confirmed.

i'd rather be :melbourne: obviously but MarcMaverick is one of us too...carry on

i'll definitely be in for the :pear:

Don't forget that because we are starting from scratch - people are permitted to rename their team as they please. You could be anything you want really (certainly doesn't have to be Port), the Mt Buller Devils, the Toorak Dees - whatever you like really.

Remove this Banner Ad

21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back