21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't forget that because we are starting from scratch - people are permitted to rename their team as they please. You could be anything you want really (certainly doesn't have to be Port), the Mt Buller Devils, the Toorak Dees - whatever you like really.
Hmmmm. Very tempted to do something stupid.

I may be getting physically older but mentally I'm still 17 sometimes 😆

WilloTree, Lingsface

Gents, just confirming you guys are keen to partake in a full draft?

We're keen to get started but just want to make sure you're in?

Everyone else, we have 15 in now, which I think is enough to get started but I'm open to going as high as 20 so if there is anyone you think might be keen, feel free to tag/invite them.

Order to be confirmed and draft to start tomorrow.

Also just confirming we are considering these players entire careers rather than just their peaks aren't we? So we are imagining drafting them all at 18 years old?
Yes - we are considering all of who they are across their career. When we review the teams at the end, we won't be thinking of them all as teenagers but each of them as 'total' players (i.e. all that they were).

WilloTree, Lingsface

Everyone else, we have 15 in now, which I think is enough to get started but I'm open to going as high as 20 so if there is anyone you think might be keen, feel free to tag/invite them.

Yes I’m in

So we basically just need WilloTree now.

I almost think we can probably begin as well, as we will probably have a bit of time until it is WilloTree's turn, enough time to get a response and if he/she doesn't want to do it we can find someone else pretty quickly.
We have 16 (as I'm not keen on people having 2 teams) but I will put it in the randomiser when I get home (in about an hour), post the order and we can get underway. We'll see if Willo or anyone else is keen to join before their pick is up and if not, we'll have 1 or 2 less teams at the end.

WilloTree, Lingsface

Yes, I'm in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't forget that because we are starting from scratch - people are permitted to rename their team as they please. You could be anything you want really (certainly doesn't have to be Port), the Mt Buller Devils, the Toorak Dees - whatever you like really.

please, we don't ski LOCAL; it's japan in october, aspen in february, daaaaaaaaahlink

(srsly, the cliche of dees as toffs = the best, he sais as someone who grew up otherwise...aspirational, baby!)

Ill be in Balladonia tonight so may not have coverage. Im going to send Guardian Hawk my list of noms in separate spoilers in case im not online

We are going to have to trust Guardian Hawk with our nominations sometimes given he/she is also in this. It is like giving an opposition coach our exact gameplan before the game :p

So I've done the randomiser and it spat out 2019, so the draft order is:

1. Gold Coast
2. Melbourne
3. Carlton
4. Sydney
5. St. Kilda
6. Fremantle
7. North
8. Port
9. Hawthorn
10. Essendon
11. Bulldogs
12. GWS
13. West Coast
14. Collingwood
15. Cappadocia (formerly Richmond)
16. Brisbane
17. Geelong

18. Geelong
19. Brisbane, etc.

The draft can officially get under way with Pick 1. Go for it WilloTree

(I'll tag everyone, update the OP and pin it when I get home)

It's going to really interesting to see each coaches team building philosophies and strategies as this rolls on.

Also, bloody GC getting a hand up from the AFL again! ;)

It really is. I have already began prioritising and while I know I will get who I want with pick 3, I am not remotely confident of getting who I want with my second rounder. I think it will be touch and go.

We are going to have to trust Guardian Hawk with our nominations sometimes given he/she is also in this. It is like giving an opposition coach our exact gameplan before the game :p
I put spoilers in. I expect the top 5 to go early anyway. The player I put in after Gawn is my surprise pick so hopefully he doesnt steal it

So I've done the randomiser and it spat out 2019, so the draft order is:

1. Gold Coast
2. Melbourne
3. Carlton
4. Sydney
5. St. Kilda
6. Fremantle
7. North
8. Port
9. Hawthorn
10. Essendon
11. Bulldogs
12. GWS
13. West Coast
14. Collingwood
15. Cappadocia (formerly Richmond)
16. Brisbane
17. Geelong

18. Geelong
19. Brisbane, etc.

The draft can officially get under way with Pick 1. Go for it WilloTree

(I'll tag everyone, update the OP and pin it when I get home)

You're missing the Crows.

Remove this Banner Ad

21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back