21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Ahhh mark Lecras gone so sad , was hoping he was a slider.

After picking a FB who was luckless with the ultimate success I'm turning to a midfielder who, if he'd had a small change in fortune, he'd have been a dual Brownlow medallist, premiership winning midfielder but alas he's neither of those things.

Josh Francou

PhoenixBonez

After picking a FB who was luckless with the ultimate success I'm turning to a midfielder who, if he'd had a small change in fortune, he'd have been a dual Brownlow medallist, premiership winning midfielder but alas he's neither of those things.

Josh Francou

PhoenixBonez
Yes ! This is warranted , great grab I was hoping he was a 7th-8th rounder butttt great pick!

Josh Francou

PhoenixBonez
Great pick. Was hoping he would be forgotten until the later rounds.

Josh Francou

PhoenixBonez
Ooh, great get. One of my favourites to watch growing up.

Pick 92 - Windrunners - Jacob Weitering

Has been clearly one of the best KPDs for the last 5 years and unlucky to not yet have an AA jacket… still he’s just 26 years of age and has half his career still ahead of him so this pick is based on him not only being the best performing KPD available but also projected to be in the upper echelon by the end of his career as well, if not already.

4 x in the AA “squad”
2 x club B&F

FB - Weitering -
HB Enright - -
C - - -
R Gawn Pendlebury Merrett
HF - - -
FF - Walker -

RedmanWasHere you’re up

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 92 - Windrunners - Jacob Weitering

Has been clearly one of the best KPDs for the last 5 years and unlucky to not yet have an AA jacket… still he’s just 26 years of age and has half his career still ahead of him so this pick is based on him not only being the best performing KPD available but also projected to be in the upper echelon by the end of his career as well, if not already.

4 x in the AA “squad”
2 x club B&F

FB - Weitering -
HB Enright - -
C - - -
R Gawn Pendlebury Merrett
HF - - -
FF - Walker -

RedmanWasHere you’re up
Weitering I considered at my last pick. In the end I decided Sicily had more elite seasons in the bank and an overall career rebounding/intercepting profile slightly ahead. Weitering the stronger actual defender - especially the last two seasons where his 1v1 loss % has gone from the 20/30s down to single digits. Of course he also takes the best forward week in, week out so is a genuine anchor. A great pick up for sure.

P.S I think your team is building up very nicely indeed.

Summarising so far (blue have had 6 picks, black upwards of Windrunners is the 6th round order to come):

Gold Coast (WilloTree) - L.Franklin, S.Black, B.Cousins, J.White, L.McPharlin

Melbourne (MarcMaverick) - G.Ablett, J.Crisp, E.Betts, A.Pearce, R.Marshall

Carlton (RUNVS) - M.Lloyd, C.Rioli, S.Milne, S.Taylor, C.Oliver

Sydney (theasian) - D.Martin, J.Roughead, J.Akermanis, J.P.Kennedy, H.Andrews

Westside Pavlovas (MrMeow) - M.Pavlich, J.Selwood, B.Harvey, T.Stewart, J.Sicily

Fremantle (Purple 7x08_24) - N.Riewoldt, N.Naitanui, C.Curnow, L.Breust, S.Hurn

North Melbourne (Sphynx) - C.Judd, B.Hall, F.Gehrig, P.Cripps, J.Farmer

Port Adelaide (whatwhatsaywhat) - L.Hodge, T.Lynch, S.May, T.Goldstein, S.Walsh

Hawthorn (Guardian Hawk) - D.Cox, W.Tredrea, C.Petracca, J.McGovern, T.Greene

Manninghorse (Redmanwashere) - A.McLeod, S.Mitchell, C.Cornes, D.Bradshaw, B.Grundy

Windrunners (PhoenixBonez) - M.Gawn, S.Pendlebury, T.Walker, C.Enright, Z.Merrett, J.Weitering

GWS (boncer34) - A.Goodes, B.Fevola, S.Lucas, B.Lake, S.Prestigiacomo, J.Francou

West Coast (ArdentEagle) - P.Dangerfield, J.KennedyWCE, A.Sandilands, H.Taylor, H.Reid, M.Le Cras

Collingwood (Fadge) - J.Brown, M.Bontempelli, S.Johnson, N.Daicos, L.Jackson, R.Gray

Cappadocia (reggie) - N.Fyfe, J.Cameron, D.Swan, J.Bartel, C.Bolton, M.Primus

Glen Iris (eth-dog) - T.Hawkins, J.Riewoldt, J.Watson, D.Glass, M.Hurley, B.Ottens

Geelong (Lingsface) - A.Rance, M.Scarlett, L.Neale, J.Daniher, L.Hayes, M.O'Loughlin

4h between runners is still marathon worthy.
Not really, unless you work in an office and have nothing on weekends. 8 hours is fine

Not really, unless you work in an office and have nothing on weekends. 8 hours is fine
In your opinion. Which isn't consensus. Who doesn't have a smart phone and a meal break, and who can't send a few picks if they think they will be offline 8h during the action-heavy periods? Losing a whole afternoon/night for one person is sub-optimal, look what happened when it could open up - we flew through picks and advanced the game.

Let's say 8am through to 11pm are the "active hours". A 4h time limit means there are 3-4 different time periods (morning, work day, after work, before bed) through the day where people can try and get online if they think their pick may be on the horizon.

8h is quite restrictive if pick 100 thinks pick 99 may select someone at 8am, but the clock expires at 4pm. And then the same thing could happen with pick 102 who is in bed when pick 101's clock expires (for example).

I just think we're a lot more likely to get through 10+ picks (or even a full round) every day with a 4h time limit as opposed to having slower days.

And sending 5 picks if you know you'll be off for 8+ hours in the "active period" isn't a big deal.

Let's say 8am through to 11pm are the "active hours". A 4h time limit means there are 3-4 different time periods (morning, work day, after work, before bed) through the day where people can try and get online if they think their pick may be on the horizon.

8h is quite restrictive if pick 100 thinks pick 99 may select someone at 8am, but the clock expires at 4pm. And then the same thing could happen with pick 102 who is in bed when pick 101's clock expires (for example).

I just think we're a lot more likely to get through 10+ picks (or even a full round) every day with a 4h time limit as opposed to having slower days.

And sending 5 picks if you know you'll be off for 8+ hours in the "active period" isn't a big deal.

Yes, I sent in 4 preferences a few days ago and Guardian Hawk did not take advantage of the information.

Remove this Banner Ad

21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back