21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

8 picks in 36 hours isn't great. At this rate we will finish this mid next year.
Every single person in here should click on "watch thread" - and even get the email notifications if necessary. Everyone has responsibilities, but we should be aiming to get through a round every day or two. 3-5 days per round and it'll just run out of steam. I'd say the current time limit between picks is probably a bit long and that people should also be sending prospective "my next 10 picks" to Guardian Hawk if you are someone that doesn't check on BigFooty a few times a day. Not sure how popular that proposal will be.

Every single person in here should click on "watch thread" - and even get the email notifications if necessary. Everyone has responsibilities, but we should be aiming to get through a round every day or two. 3-5 days per round and it'll just run out of steam. I'd say the current time limit between picks is probably a bit long and that people should also be sending prospective "my next 10 picks" to Guardian Hawk if you are someone that doesn't check on BigFooty a few times a day. Not sure how popular that proposal will be.

I think it's important for everyone's first couple of picks to get the chance to select who the want based on players who have already been selected - your first few picks set up your team. After that a preference list is probably fair enough, though it does turn this into Guardian Hawk running the whole show

I think it's important for everyone's first couple of picks to get the chance to select who the want based on players who have already been selected - your first few picks set up your team. After that a preference list is probably fair enough, though it does turn this into Guardian Hawk running the whole show
True. Well I guess we have to accept that this could take a few months then. It was always going to be quickest at the start. The middle and late rounds will be a slog.

True. Well I guess we have to accept that this could take a few months then. It was always going to be quickest at the start. The middle and late rounds will be a slog.
I think if people are willing to commit to this, they have to be willing to be reasonably responsive when making the selections.

I'd prefer to have only 12 teams and ensure we have momentum for the process, than have 18 teams and it drags out for 3 months.

I think if people are willing to commit to this, they have to be willing to be reasonably responsive when making the selections.

I'd prefer to have only 12 teams and ensure we have momentum for the process, than have 18 teams and it drags out for 3 months.
Agreed. In an ideal world we get through something like this in no longer than a month.

With about 400 picks, that means 13 picks a day.

Yes, we'll make the change.

In terms of draft 'rules', there's no change of mind allowed but in circumstances where someone else picks for you (or has chosen from a pre-submitted list) and you are able to get online and make an adjustment, it is ok provided the next person has not yet made their pick. If they've selected, you can't change (even if the player you want is still available) as it may change every pick after it (if they would have selected the player you are no longer taking).
Sorry. I was on the nullabor. **** Optus

Im not against that. I dont want this to be over too fast

This was my first 4 but I assumed N Riewoldt would have been gone and was expecting a lower opt on my list

buddy franklin
Ablett
judd
Riewoldt

Im not against that. I dont want this to be over too fast

This was my first 4 but I assumed N Riewoldt would have been gone and was expecting a lower opt on my list

buddy franklin
Ablett
judd
Riewoldt
How can a Freo supporter think Riewoldt was better than Pavlich? His record is stronger. He even had a greater number of strong finals. Plug him into the 2009 grand final and I think St Kilda win the premiership (Pav dominated Taylor).

How can a Freo supporter think Riewoldt was better than Pavlich? His record is stronger. He even had a greater number of strong finals. Plug him into the 2009 grand final and I think St Kilda win the premiership (Pav dominated Taylor).
I dont want to pick freo players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After receiving pick 6 in the AFL redraft we knew we had a big chance to land an elite player. It was no suprise that we were leaning towards a hard running CHF type player for our first pick. It was the worst kept secret in the industry but now we all know. We got our man in Nick Riewoldt and the top 5 played out as we expected. What we liked in Nick was his 1st class attitude, elite fitness, strong overhead and goal sense. We saw the next Wayne Carey and did not hesitate. We are confident that Nick can bring premiership success to Fremantle in the coming years.

well if that's the case, i'll pick the player that judd mcvee reminds me most of - luke hodge

calm, composed, capable of playing taller than he looks, strong, and a leader
Nice. Set up your leader from the start

With Pick 9, Hawthorn selects Dean Cox.

Hawthorn is delighted to be able to select the best player in his position at Pick 9. With only two uber elite rucks, Hawthorn felt it was important to get one of them if available, given most other positions have far greater depth and a smaller "drop off" between selections. They've chosen Cox of the two as whilst both are elite in the ruck and have different strengths, it is felt that there will be many elite midfields by the conclusion of the draft and having a gun 200 cm "5th midfielder" will offer a point of difference amongst them, in what remains the most important area of the ground for premiership success.

RedmanWasHere, you're next.

Hmmmm.

Plenty of routes I wanna take.

The first one I wanna take has me up to NT and fishing for a keen footballer.

Pick 11 (or 10 considering Adelaide's absence) for Manninghorse is ANDREW McLEOD.

If this tag catches you, next selection is yours.

Hmmmm.

Plenty of routes I wanna take.

The first one I wanna take has me up to NT and fishing for a keen footballer.

Pick 11 (or 10 considering Adelaide's absence) for Manninghorse is ANDREW McLEOD.

If this tag catches you, next selection is yours.
Hell of a choice. I kind of knew McLeod and Hodge would be gone by round 2, but you could probably only land them if you had a pick outside of the top 6. I thought they may drift to 12-15ish but it's good to see rebounding defence prioritise! And natural born winners.

Remove this Banner Ad

21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back