21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m gonna rename my side as well.

Introducing the Manninghorse Mavericks.

It’ll train in Doncaster and play its home games at the Box Hill City Oval.

Manninghorse is a portmanteau of the 2 shires it’s named after. (Manningham and Whitehorse.)

Also Guardian Hawk could you change the order on your second post to reflect the new draft order? Was a bit of a pain toddling through pages 1 and 3 in order to find which team was 4th and then finding out who was assigned to that team on another page?

Thanks a lot.

Hey mate. Yeah sorry - you'll note from my earlier post that I said I would organise that when I got home as I was out (at the footy and otherwise) yesterday. I ended up getting home after midnight! Anyway, all done now - it's in the OP and I'll work out how to ask a mod to pin it to each page.

Just to make it a bit easier

1. Gold Coast WilloTree
2. Melbourne MarcMaverick
3. Carlton RUNVS
4. Sydney theasian
5. St. Kilda Mr Meow
6. Fremantle Purple7x08_24
7. North Melbourne Sphynx
8. Port Adelaide whatwhatsaywhat
9. Hawthorn Guardian Hawk
10. Essendon RedmanWasHere
11. Western Bulldogs PhoenixBonez
12. GWS boncer34
13. West Coast ArdentEagle
14. Collingwood Fadge
15. Cappadocia (formerly Richmond) reggie
16. Brisbane eth-dog
17. Geelong Lingsface

1. Gold Coast - Lance Franklin
2. Melbourne - Gary Ablett Jnr
3. Carlton - Matthew Lloyd
4. Sydney - Dustin Martin
5. St Kilda - Matthew Pavlich

Oh thanks. I already did it before I saw this...sorry you had to go to the effort.

I suspect Goodes will be gone in the first round too. Both Goodes and Pavlich have a lot in common in terms of the sort of players they were.
Well....He definitely will be now.

Shhhh GIFs | Tenor

I suspect Goodes will be gone in the first round too. Both Goodes and Pavlich have a lot in common in terms of the sort of players they were.
I was thinking the same about Goodes, I hold him in similar esteem to Pavlich, but the latter just had a little more in the goal kicking fire power stakes. I'd love to have both but I very much doubt he'll be there for my next pick.

I did seriously consider Judd, who I consider right up there contending for 2nd best midfielder of the past 30 years - but with a midfield focus in the "top up" draft, I decided I wanted to at least start with an ultra elite KPP type in this one. I didn't want to find the best 10 or 15 gone by pick 2, whereas I can live with not getting a top 5 midfielder (Ablett the only exception and he was always going to be gone before my first selection).

I was thinking the same about Goodes, I hold him in similar esteem to Pavlich, but the latter just had a little more in the goal kicking fire power stakes. I'd love to have both but I very much doubt he'll be there for my next pick.

I did seriously consider Judd, who I consider right up there contending for 2nd best midfielder of the past 30 years - but with a midfield focus in the "top up" draft, I decided I wanted to at least start with an ultra elite KPP type in this one. I didn't want to find the best 10 or 15 gone by pick 2, whereas I can live with not getting a top 5 midfielder (Ablett the only exception and he was always going to be gone before my first selection).

The thing about Goodes is I wonder what he would have been like as a forward in his prime. He only became a forward in the final 3 or 4 years of his career when he wasn't as good as he once was, so I have wondered if he was played as a forward in his mid to late 20's how he would have gone. He was excellent at everything else he was asked to do.

The thing about Goodes is I wonder what he would have been like as a forward in his prime. He only became a forward in the final 3 or 4 years of his career when he wasn't as good as he once was, so I have wondered if he was played as a forward in his mid to late 20's how he would have gone. He was excellent at everything else he was asked to do.
Very true, although I still think Goodes played the positions that suited him best during his peak. Which is a compliment, not an insult.

Basically if I started a team from scratch I'd have Pavlich up forward (but can rotate elsewhere at times) and Goodes between the arcs (but can rotate forward at times). A 70/30 type split for both, but in reverse directions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im on the WA border. Lucky i got free WIFI.

Guardian Hawk. I want nick Riewolt if not too late

Yes, we'll make the change.

In terms of draft 'rules', there's no change of mind allowed but in circumstances where someone else picks for you (or has chosen from a pre-submitted list) and you are able to get online and make an adjustment, it is ok provided the next person has not yet made their pick. If they've selected, you can't change (even if the player you want is still available) as it may change every pick after it (if they would have selected the player you are no longer taking).

Chris Judd will be a bargain for whoever gets him now (and the first time ever I've seen him slip from top 5).
Is Pav over Judd considered somewhat controversial then?

I just don't think there's as many top end KPF/utilities as there are midfielders. Although in the "top up" draft I did think overall midfielders were de-prioritised a little too much. A batch of elite midfielders (some of which ideally can drift forward or back) can be a premiership nucleus even with quite average KPFs.

Remove this Banner Ad

21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back