21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Franklin -> Ablett -> Pavlich -> Goodes -> Judd -> Riewoldt -> Lloyd -> Hodge -> Gawn -> Martin -> McLeod -> Cox

Is how I'd draft from the ones chosen so far. I think.

Pretty subjective.

I wouldn't have Pav and Goodes ahead of any of Judd, Riewoldt or Lloyd personally, no matter their flexibility.

Likewise, I'd have Martin ahead of Hodge.

McLeod was an incredible player and I watched all of his career, but I would have plenty ahead of him out of this time period.

Not even sure he'd be in my top 10 mids, let alone in the top 10 overall players.

A lot of it's personal preference and really how you remember players.

West Coast Judd I'm probably taking ahead of Ablett. End Carlton Judd, not so much.
Nah. The big difference between the pair is that one was an average kick and the other an elite kick. Ablett was also better for longer.

Pick 14 - Jonathan Brown.

Collingwood have chosen to start their list build with one of the hardest and most important positions on the ground - key forward.

Jonathan Brown has all the attributes you need to build your team around - he's a magnificent mark and kick for goal, courageous and a great leader.

He won his three flags as a kid in the great Brisbane side of the early 2000's, and went on to become the club's captain for 7 years, playing 256 games and kicking 594 goals in the process. Imagine how good he would have been in an even stronger team when he was at the peak of his powers.

Over to you, reggie
He was my next pick. Thats the dilemma. I had 4 picks can only pick 2 next round all 4 might be gone

Pick 16, Glen Iris select Tom Hawkins. Lingsface with the double pick.

Pretty subjective.

I wouldn't have Pav and Goodes ahead of any of Judd, Riewoldt or Lloyd personally, no matter their flexibility.

Likewise, I'd have Martin ahead of Hodge.

McLeod was an incredible player and I watched all of his career, but I would have plenty ahead of him out of this time period.

Not even sure he'd be in my top 10 mids, let alone in the top 10 overall players.
Yeah of course it's subjective! Isn't that the fun of ranking anything?

Geelong - Alex Rance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh, so he wasn't going to make his way to Collingwood anyway?
Nope. I thought he'd take one or the other and a key forward. I was planning on whoever he left off.

Now I have to reconsider my strategy. Key defensive depth is currently very strong. Given that, I'm going to take the guy I think would be the perfect partner to Hawkins and back that the defenders I want will be available later on.

Glen Iris select Jack Riewoldt

Pick 20 - Cappadocia - Jeremy Cameron

Fadge

Pick 21 - Marcus Bontempelli

What a CV this man is building. 5 x Club Best and Fairest, 5 x All-Australian, 2 x AFLPA MVP, 1 x AFLCA Coaches Award, Premiership Player, club captain for 5 years and counting.

This bloke will lead Collingwood's midfield for the next 15 years.

ArdentEagle - you're up!

Alex Rance- and Matthew Scarlett- Selected him to hold down the CHB position as he is the best I have seen do it, him and Scarlett I couldn’t split so I took both as I rate them as the best in the two kpp back spots. The best of all other positions had been taken so I thought where is an area I can be the best at for sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back