21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Last seen at 5:16pm.

Incidentally, last viewed this thread.
See that in the song comp all the time from Plugger. Dude hangs around for hours. He gets alert after alert then 'forgets' to vote. Comes in 30 minutes after voting closes with some story.

What is this song comp?

You join up.

You find a song correlating to the theme of the round then, once done, you submit that song to the host via a PM but, you do it anonymously.

No one's to know what you nominated until the results.

You then listen to a playlist created for said round.

Further, it's a 5,4,3,2,1 voting system with 5 the most votes and 1 the least.

There's an honour to avoid called the billy (named after the Adam Sandler movie Billy Madison) where the person who receives the most billy votes finds him/herself at the mercy of the host who gets to choose a profile photo or GIF for the unlucky one to wear until the next results are announced.

I love the SC but find it very hard to get enough time to do it properly.

Hosting was an ordeal...Lol

Can't've been as ordeal ridden as Greenery's hosting debut.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless someone lives overseas, 8 hours during the day is too long
3:30pm-8pm could be considered prime time too, especially if it extends to 10pm - I'd say that eats into when most people might get to be active and we could cycle through a bunch of picks.

Also not to be critical but whatwhatsaywhat has form in this area, so probably could send HawkGuard a list at least semi routinely. I'm happy to do the same and we shorten the time window between 8am-10pm at 4 or 5 hours rather than 8. That extra 4h if the time limit was shortened in some cases could allow another full chain of 5+ picks before the day's up.

Even if you were o/s you opt to participate fully.
That was the general consensus with concerns about this thing dragging out unnecessarily. I think we can all respect that during the night we're not going to expect picks to roll, but during the day it should be rolling smoothly. I can't be the only one super keen to get my next picks happening.

I can usually anticipate my pick so I can be ready to hit it within 15 minutes but if I'm working I could miss for as much as 3 hours but that wouldn't and shoudln't be a regular thing. We did specify if you couldn't make a pick you could DM a list of potential picks.

3:30pm-8pm could be considered prime time too, especially if it extends to 10pm - I'd say that eats into when most people might get to be active and we could cycle through a bunch of picks.

Also not to be critical but whatwhatsaywhat has form in this area, so probably could send HawkGuard a list at least semi routinely. I'm happy to do the same and we shorten the time window between 8am-10pm at 4 or 5 hours rather than 8. That extra 4h if the time limit was shortened in some cases could allow another full chain of 5+ picks before the day's up.
Spot on

As long as Guardian Hawk agrees I think it seems unanimous that we get this ball rolling.
I agree, but only on the basis that said user was clearly on here during the period in which their pick was up. Alerts shouldn't be necessary. We're all keen to progress in this game and shouldn't need alerts to know you need to make a selection.

I’d say we drop it down to 4 hours between 8am-11pm AEDT.
You miss your pick and it rolls on, might not be that much of a disadvantage anyway especially as we get later into the draft?
I think if you know you've got a busy lifestyle then make a list.

Ok, happy to keep rolling then (have been refreshing for nearly 5 hours) with a 4 hour time limit going forward....

Hawthorn selects....Toby Greene.

Ok, happy to keep rolling then (have been refreshing for nearly 5 hours) with a 4 hour time limit going forward....

Hawthorn selects....Toby Greene.
This one stings - Sicily for Greene (jk :p )? I wanted a forward/mid to compliment my mid/forward in Boomer - but the defence minus an ultra elite KPD I felt needed two guns to be snapped up quick.

Based on the other draft we ran it seemed Greene was a bit underappreciated. Which this late pick confirms but I was hoping he'd slide further.

Easily could have another AA, in the small forward position where it's actually hard to get picked (3 is plenty, he could easily get more and has been a top 50 player for a long while now).

Has the forward/mid flexibility. Was a gun young midfielder before turning into a small who can play tall and run a forward line, lead a team, win a match off his own boot. And one of those central figures that has kept GWS contending. I know they've also had a revolving belt of talent but Greene staying there at the core of everything was a huge plus when a lot of others (understandably) couldn't be kept.

Remove this Banner Ad

21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back