21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Some of these selections are wild. There are two current key forwards left on the board that I have levels above JUH and Treacy

Mckay and Darling ?

Possibly Gunston too, but all of them have flaws. Gunston is 193cm but plays like a medium forward, Darling's stats are not particularly good and McKay is always injured and misses a lot of his set shots.

Basically it is at the point now where if you want a key forward you are going to have to accept compromises.
Make that four!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of these selections are wild. There are two current key forwards left on the board that I have levels above JUH and Treacy

JUH has a lot of potential. I'd back him in.

Ryder if you're looking for versatility. Queentin Lynch maybe

Owns Cristiano Ronaldo GIF

In my mind this game is drafting everyone at 18 and having them develop together. I think JUH at 25 will be a much better player than any of the key forwards we have left in the pool.
In my mind it's a measure of what their peak is so far, not what could be their peak. I'm not gonna take JUH ahead of a key forward who has shown to be at already excellent level.

Taking Treacy or JUH ahead of McKay based on what they've shown is crazy to me.

Okay I'm up and ready. Give me 5 mins and I'll decide.

Delighted with the Goodwin pick up by the way. Will add more later but too many I'd counted on slipping further hadn't, so I wasn't risking it again. Selwood, Goodwin, Harvey is a hell of a mix of attributes for midfield - and two of them were multi position (in fact Goodwin basically excelled half back, wing, midfield and half forward).

In my mind it's a measure of what their peak is so far, not what could be their peak. I'm not gonna take JUH ahead of a key forward who has shown to be at already excellent level.

Taking Treacy or JUH ahead of McKay based on what they've shown is crazy to me.

See peak doesn't really work as there are a few players that had an amazing season or two but the rest of their careers were pretty unremarkable. You can't really judge a player just on their peak. If you did then Travis Cloke would have been in the top 30 chosen, and Chad Wingard would be right up there too.

I have no idea if Robert Murphy was on anyone elses radar but I was not willing to wait any longer in pulling the trigger on him as I was very afraid someone was going to grab him soon.
I had his listed mate as he was part of my greater plan/preferred structure.

I thought he might make it through to my 2nd pick from here.

All class he was

Remove this Banner Ad

21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back