21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

OK.

My pick is 20% past performance, 80% projection, and 100% structural.

Gold Coast will be regular premiership contenders over the next decade, and this player will be a big part of it.

Welcome to Collingwood, Ben King.
I wouldn't agree with 80% projection. I knew someone would take him given the need for KPF's and knew I'd never get him with my current preferences. I wouldn't have hesitated to put him into my side. He's done enough to earn a spot.

I wouldn't agree with 80% projection. I knew someone would take him given the need for KPF's and knew I'd never get him with my current preferences. I wouldn't have hesitated to put him into my side. He's done enough to earn a spot.
I just think he's going to deliver significantly more than he has to date, particularly in a stronger team.

I just think he's going to deliver significantly more than he has to date, particularly in a stronger team.
King's goal returns are good, but as of yet he's very one dimensional. Which is fine but he's a 7-8 disposal, lead up giant who converts solidly without really exerting much influence. 22 career goal assists and I'd say fairly low on the score involvement scale.

Around 0.5 coaches votes per game so far I think agrees with your pick being based more around projection, which is fine (he's early into his career after all). I have no doubt he will improve.

His trajectory is good. Comparing with Rooey he probably needs to lift his overall output via disposals. Contested marks will come with increased strength. I think his game will evolve over time but really does need to work on other areas to his game. Much like Taylor Walker did.

I think he needs to go from a 40 goal per season player to 60-70.

Personally, Im looking at revisiting this in 5 years time.

His trajectory is good. Comparing with Rooey he probably needs to lift his overall output via disposals. Contested marks will come with increased strength. I think his game will evolve over time but really does need to work on other areas to his game. Much like Taylor Walker did.

I think he needs to go from a 40 goal per season player to 60-70.
Well if Rooey was still available, I would have gone him instead.

But unfortunately he went a few picks earlier...

I do have the likes of Bont, Daicos, Gray and Stevie. J feeding it to him, remember... oh, and Errol.

Last edited:
Well if Rooey was still available, I would have gone him instead.

But unfortunately he went a few picks earlier...

I do have the likes of Bont, Daicos, Gray and Stevie. J feeding it to him, remember...
IF I could have picked Bont, and Gray I would have but I did pick Breust who's very similar to Gray. I haven't yet found a tall mid like Bont though. You've got a gem there.

Yep, me too.

There will clearly be a few busts from the projections, but we'll also look at a few players and think 'How did they not get picked up before then?'.

I'm expecting Daicos will fall into the latter category, and hopefully King will too...
And we already have our answer, those people went for "money in the bank" approaches rather than "this player will be this good some day". :p If anything I think the "projectors" just didn't go early as they knew a bunch of others wouldn't use early picks on those players - smart tactics.

Yep, me too.

There will clearly be a few busts from the projections, but we'll also look at a few players and think 'How did they not get picked up before then?'.

I'm expecting Daicos will fall into the latter category, and hopefully King will too...
I think it would be boring if everyone went on 100% metrics and proven ability. We want some future projections in our lists.

Huge hanger from Ben King for those who aren't watching the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Small write-up about my pick. I'm going to do a full summary after the draft is done.
I did leave it with Purps but sheesh, good help is find to find these days!!! :p

WCE Pick 149 - Dayne Zorko

Highly skilled, hard tackling mid. Who can also play a few positions if needed.
Can go mid/forward and kick goals. Also a very skilled and creative HB and can be damaging as a wing.

Again, a bit of grunt and w***er factor added along with versatility too

Huge meters gained player as well.

David Mundy

eth-dog

Small write-up about my pick. I'm going to do a full summary after the draft is done.
I did leave it with Purps but sheesh, good help is find to find these days!!! :p

WCE Pick 149 - Dayne Zorko

Highly skilled, hard tackling mid. Who can also play a few positions if needed.
Can go mid/forward and kick goals. Also a very skilled and creative HB and can be damaging as a wing.

Again, a bit of grunt and w***er factor added along with versatility too

Huge meters gained player as well.
LOL, my dumb arse didn't pick up that I was supposed to copy and paste your post. Sorry

With Pick 155, Glen Iris selects.....Jordan Ridley.

reggie

He took my pick !

153- Nathan G Brown
154- Alan Didak
I wanted Browny but thought people would forget about or dismiss him!

Because without that broken leg he was looking every bit a genuine superstar of the comp. And even until then his output was dynamite.

Didak another underrated one. Seems you had the same view but were willing to use bullets in your chamber earlier - I did have Boomer and C.Cameron as dynamic goal sneaks too.

Remove this Banner Ad

21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back