21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

4 hours isn't that long, especially if boncer has a job where they can't access a computer for most of the day.

Fair enough - I said the limit was 8 and the "group" suggested 4 - highlighting that people can use their phone (in a break or whatever) or if you know you'll be away all day send through your preferences.

I'm not too fussed to be honest but I think at this point of the draft it doesn't matter too much if a couple of extra picks have been taken. It's not the same as missing out on Franklin or something at the start.

Pick 283 -Windrunners - Ryan Griffen

This is one of the hardest picks so far as there are so many ways to go with it and so many players I like...
The AA & B&F winning Griffen provides run and carry, stoppage burst and greats skills which are so important in the modern game. He can play off the half back line, wing or midfield.
He was one of the most dynamic players in the AFL at the height of his career and gives the Windrunners a bit more drive forward and is a very handy first player to place on the bench.

FB: Enright - Weitering - Maxwell
HB: Sinclair - Talia - Goddard
C: Merrett - Mitchell- McCluggage
HF: Parker - Darling - B. Green
FF ? - Walker - Weightman
R: Gawn - Pendlebury - Thompson
B: Griffen - ? - ? - ?

RedmanWasHere boncer34

I’ll get in before Boncer.

MITCH GEORGIADES to complete my onfield forwards.

Over to you Guardian Hawk.
I could easily have picked him but would have had too many current Port players. He's really come on this year after his injury. Hopefully he can get 40+ goals for the year as a 3rd target up forward.

Nice technique

Fair enough - I said the limit was 8 and the "group" suggested 4 - highlighting that people can use their phone (in a break or whatever) or if you know you'll be away all day send through your preferences.

I'm not too fussed to be honest but I think at this point of the draft it doesn't matter too much if a couple of extra picks have been taken. It's not the same as missing out on Franklin or something at the start.
8 was fine. 4 hours is very short

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alright, so my turn and I'm happy to crowd source my next choice.

I've got McGovern and Fisher down back and probably thinking I'd like to pick a full back to allow everyone to play their natural positions - Fisher CHB and McGovern loose and intercepting.

Have decided against Eric McKenzie - whilst his peak was super! he was only really at that level for 2 years. He took a while to establish himself and then had that horrible ACL and was never the same after. In the end, he didn't even play 150 games. Aliir Aliir is in a similar boat for me and is more of a CHB anyway.

I'm really down to 2.

There's Daryl Wakelin - no super elite seasons or personal achievements but super solid, ultra consistent full back for 240 games in some very good defensive teams. Premiership player, top 10 in the B&F year in, year out and was regarded enough to be traded for Pick 4 mid career. Had the AA squad been a thing, I reckon he (and Mal Michael) would have got their share of call ups.

My other choice is Callum Wilkie. Named at full back in the All Australian team last year, in the squad the year before and should have been in the squad the year before that. I really rate him but he's not really a traditional full back (he plays on all types) but would be capable of the job if given to him.

What do you guys think?

I've got McGovern and Fisher down back and probably thinking I'd like to pick a full back to allow everyone to play their natural positions - Fisher CHB and McGovern loose and intercepting.

Have decided against Eric McKenzie - whilst his peak was super! he was only really at that level for 2 years. He took a while to establish himself and then had that horrible ACL and was never the same after. In the end, he didn't even play 150 games. Aliir Aliir is in a similar boat for me and is more of a CHB anyway.

I'm really down to 2.

There's Daryl Wakelin - no super elite seasons or personal achievements but super solid, ultra consistent full back for 240 games in some very good defensive teams. Premiership player, top 10 in the B&F year in, year out and was regarded enough to be traded for Pick 4 mid career. Had the AA squad been a thing, I reckon he (and Mal Michael) would have got their share of call ups.

My other choice is Callum Wilkie. Named at full back in the All Australian team last year, in the squad the year before and should have been in the squad the year before that. I really rate him but he's not really a traditional full back (he plays on all types) but would be capable of the job if given to him.

What do you guys think?
Zac Dawson

Could justify picking up Troy Chaplin. He was shaky under pressure, but had a solid mark and still got disposals around the 19 mark

I'm really down to 2.

What do you guys think?
I’d say Wakelin for your team.
Bigger body and more of a shut down/lock down defender. Fisher and McGovern can do more of the intercepting/3rd man up

I'm really down to 2.

What do you guys think?
Feel free to pick… you’ve gone over your 4 hours 😅

Remove this Banner Ad

21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back