21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello all, sorry for the delay (crying wife here - not really conducive to BigFooty). Hawthorn selects Darryl Wakelin.

(Posted from the toilet)

Hello all, sorry for the delay (crying wife here - not really conducive to BigFooty). Hawthorn selects Darryl Wakelin.

(Posted from the toilet)
What happened? I hope she's OK.

whatwhatsaywhat you're up.

I'll be afk for most of tomorrow guys. Purple has my picks.
Indeed, Yes I do!

Happy Got You GIF by Bounce

JK, none of my next picks are on your list

i was originally going to go for a contemporary player, but why leave a 200 game, 247 goal former #2 draft pick who can play that forward-ruck for me on the selection table, especially as it fills out my starting 18?

he was an occasionally maligned player, but justin koschitzke was capable of playing as a tall back, a tall forward, and a ruckman - sounds great to me...

now the big q is whether do we fill out the bench with specific types of players - e.g. a forward, a defender, an inside, and an outside player - or with what is more common in modern times...runners, runners, and more runners?

B: Neville Jetta - Steven May - Jake Lever
HB: Luke Hodge - Chris Tarrant - Kade Simpson
C: Daniel Wells - Sam Walsh - Peter Burgoyne
HF: Kane Lambert - Cameron Mooney - James McDonald
F: Justin Koszchitzke - Tom Lynch - Aaron Davey
Foll: Todd Goldstein - Jordan Lewis - Jack Viney
I/c: ? - ? - ? - ?

What happened? I hope she's OK.

Sorry to hear mate. Hope things gets better

Thanks guys (she's asleep now). Good friend of hers diagnosed with an aggressive cancer. She might be OK. My wife's best friend died 3 years ago of the same thing though, leaving behind 3 little kids.

Prick of a thing and I'm sure most of us have had some connection to it in our lives.

Anyway, back to the drafting. Who's up next?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot who I was considering this round have been swept up, so I'd say there's only one surprise in every 10 picks. So...maybe? But I'm happy with whoever at this point.
I'm not going to lie. I'm done with the experienced players. I'm going for project players to look back on in 3-5 years time. I know that's not popular here, but I'm not desperate to win with the best team. I want something I like but also something that grows. I like the unknown.

I'm not going to lie. I'm done with the experienced players. I'm going for project players to look back on in 3-5 years time. I know that's not popular here, but I'm not desperate to win with the best team. I want something I like but also something that grows. I like the unknown.
Well I decided from the start that I wouldn't even look at early career players until I had reached my bench. I might end up with one or two, but by the same token I'm happy to recognise a player like Michael Barlow, Zach Tuohy or David Hale.

Well I decided from the start that I wouldn't even look at early career players until I had reached my bench. I might end up with one or two, but by the same token I'm happy to recognise a player like Michael Barlow, Zach Tuohy or David Hale.
Within reason. You couldn't ignore Daicos, Rowell, Butters, Serong, Sheezel etc

i was originally going to go for a contemporary player, but why leave a 200 game, 247 goal former #2 draft pick who can play that forward-ruck for me on the selection table, especially as it fills out my starting 18?

he was an occasionally maligned player, but justin koschitzke was capable of playing as a tall back, a tall forward, and a ruckman - sounds great to me...

now the big q is whether do we fill out the bench with specific types of players - e.g. a forward, a defender, an inside, and an outside player - or with what is more common in modern times...runners, runners, and more runners?

B: Neville Jetta - Steven May - Jake Lever
HB: Luke Hodge - Chris Tarrant - Kade Simpson
C: Daniel Wells - Sam Walsh - Peter Burgoyne
HF: Kane Lambert - Cameron Mooney - James McDonald
F: Justin Koszchitzke - Tom Lynch - Aaron Davey
Foll: Todd Goldstein - Jordan Lewis - Jack Viney
I/c: ? - ? - ? - ?

Dammit. I was going to take him as my second ruck.

True - I just accepted they'd go with early picks to a bunch of teams so in some ways weren't on my radar. Could you imagine Serong lasting till now? Of course I'd be all over it but it was never going to happen.
If you let the future GOAT get that far down the list without picking him, you're mad.

Thanks guys (she's asleep now). Good friend of hers diagnosed with an aggressive cancer. She might be OK. My wife's best friend died 3 years ago of the same thing though, leaving behind 3 little kids.

Prick of a thing and I'm sure most of us have had some connection to it in our lives.

Anyway, back to the drafting. Who's up next?
All the best, Hope you guys are OK. Bigfooty is a crappy family, but we're here.

Remove this Banner Ad

21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back