21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

i am so excited to see what trent rivers can develop into as a midfielder in 2025 and beyond

he hasn't got the accolades that hayden young has had bestowed upon him, but i'm quietly confident that he's just as impactful a player with a full preseason as a mid under his belt

as a half back rebounder he's already a premiership player, and with the combo of strong half back / mid types in my side i'm confident he'll be a ripper for the :pear: coming off the pine in rotation role with hodge, lewis, simpson

Guardian Hawk , yr up

B: Neville Jetta - Steven May - Jake Lever
HB: Luke Hodge - Chris Tarrant - Kade Simpson
C: Daniel Wells - Sam Walsh - Peter Burgoyne
HF: Kane Lambert - Cameron Mooney - James McDonald
F: Justin Koszchitzke - Tom J Lynch - Aaron Davey
Foll: Todd Goldstein - Jordan Lewis - Jack Viney
I/c: Caleb Windsor - Jacob Van Rooyen - Trent Rivers
Damn you!!!! I really wanted Rivers

With the 349th selection, Hawthorn select Tyson Edwards

A highly underrated player that played 321 games, multiple premiership player and a best and fairest winner. Extremely unlucky with individual accolades, he was runner up in the best and fairest a further 3 times (to gun players like Ricciuto, Goodwin, etc) and had the AA squad existed, would have had a swag of selections. Versatile - could play as a ball winning inside mid, a distributing half back flanker or be given a defensive role and completely shut down an opponent.

Welcome to Hawthorn Tyson.

Last edited:
With the 349th selection, Hawthorn select Andrew Brayshaw

Hawthorn are delighted to get a young man that by 22, already had an MVP, a best and fairest and an All Australian jumper to his name. A former no 2 draft pick, that has averaged 29 disposals a game for the last 4 years and is only 24. For those thinking he may no longer be elite, he is 14th in the Coaches award this season and having yet another very fine year. He has already racked up 50+ Brownlow votes (at 23) and is likely to have an illustrious career on the inside and outside of the Hawthorn midfield rotation.
Was taken 200 picks ago 😞

i am so excited to see what trent rivers can develop into as a midfielder in 2025 and beyond

he hasn't got the accolades that hayden young has had bestowed upon him, but i'm quietly confident that he's just as impactful a player with a full preseason as a mid under his belt

as a half back rebounder he's already a premiership player, and with the combo of strong half back / mid types in my side i'm confident he'll be a ripper for the :pear: coming off the pine in rotation role with hodge, lewis, simpson

Guardian Hawk , yr up

B: Neville Jetta - Steven May - Jake Lever
HB: Luke Hodge - Chris Tarrant - Kade Simpson
C: Daniel Wells - Sam Walsh - Peter Burgoyne
HF: Kane Lambert - Cameron Mooney - James McDonald
F: Justin Koszchitzke - Tom J Lynch - Aaron Davey
Foll: Todd Goldstein - Jordan Lewis - Jack Viney
I/c: Caleb Windsor - Jacob Van Rooyen - Trent Rivers

No less than 10 Melbourne players now (half your team). Starting to think that MarcMaverick should have let you have Melbourne ;)

Now that I've made my selection...

I want to reveal that I was tossing up between Tyson Edwards and Dion Prestia. They were similar in many ways but Tyson did it for an extra 100 games is where I landed.

Interested to hear who others would have chosen between the two?

I want to reveal that I was tossing up between Tyson Edwards and Dion Prestia. They were similar in many ways but Tyson did it for an extra 100 games is where I landed.

I woulda gone Edwards. On my radar and Prestia not so much. He’s been so unlucky with injuries

I had Edwards late in game as an option, but I preferred a younger Tanner Bruhn

Edwards was definitely in the running for a bench spot, but I wasn't sure about his two way running and ability to play a more defensive role if necessary.
So went Coniglio instead.

I added a pivot table to the workbook.

Drafted ClubCOUNTA of Drafted Club
Oakleigh Chargers24
Geelong Falcons21
Sandringham Dragons16
Northern Knights15
Dandenong Stingrays15
Calder Cannons15
Port Adelaide14
Murray Bushrangers13
East Fremantle12
Bendigo Pioneers11
Swan Districts9
Western Jets8
Claremont have 9 as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm putting this guy in with the intention of rotating with Chappy or sending Chappy into the middle.

Plus, I need a second Dockers pest.

HAYDEN BALLANTYNE.

Back your way PhoenixBonez.

Pick 351 - Windrunners - Adem Yze

We’ve got plenty of grunt so it was time to add some further class and this guy just ooooozes it.
An AA & BnF winner who can play off a HBF, wing or HFF, snap goals from the boundary or take a hanger adds a lot of flexibility to the line up as well.
Surprised with so many Melb players going he was still available 😅

FB: Enright - Weitering - Maxwell
HB: Sinclair - Talia - Goddard
C: Merrett - Mitchell- McCluggage
HF: Parker - Dixon - B. Green
FF Darling - Walker - Weightman
R: Gawn - Pendlebury - Thompson
B: Griffen - Yze - Walla - ?

boncer34 you’re up

Pick 351 - Windrunners - Adem Yze

We’ve got plenty of grunt so it was time to add some further class and this guy just ooooozes it.
An AA & BnF winner who can play off a HBF, wing or HFF, snap goals from the boundary or take a hanger adds a lot of flexibility to the line up as well.
Surprised with so many Melb players going he was still available 😅

FB: Enright - Weitering - Maxwell
HB: Sinclair - Talia - Goddard
C: Merrett - Mitchell- McCluggage
HF: Parker - Dixon - B. Green
FF Darling - Walker - Weightman
R: Gawn - Pendlebury - Thompson
B: Griffen - Yze - Walla - ?

boncer34 you’re up
Was between Yze and Duncan for my 2nd wing spot.

FB-Clement Scarlett Stratton

CHB- Bowden Rance Adcock

C- Camporeale Hayes Corey

CHF- Didak Daniher N G Brown

FF-S Welsh O loughlin Waite

R-Ryder Neale Beams

I/C- K Cornes Medhurst ? ?

I'll take the bloke that should've been a multiple premiership winning CHB but instead played 59 games for 1 AA.

Matthew Egan

FB Lake Prestigiacomo Smith
HB Jones Egan Houli
C Cooney Priddis Kelly
HF Monfries Lucas Goodes
F Robertson Fevola Pickett
R Kreuzer Francou Brayshaw
Int Haselby Bell Lovett -
Sub -

I'll take the bloke that should've been a multiple premiership winning CHB but instead played 59 games for 1 AA.

Matthew Egan

FB Lake Prestigiacomo Smith
HB Jones Egan Houli
C Cooney Priddis Kelly
HF Monfries Lucas Goodes
F Robertson Fevola Pickett
R Kreuzer Francou Brayshaw
Int Haselby Bell Lovett -
Sub -
He was my next pick, been sitting on him for about 8 rounds convinced no one would remember him!

He was my next pick, been sitting on him for about 8 rounds convinced no one would remember him!
Haha, I badly need him to release Lake into his 3rd man/floating defender role

WCE take - Brady Rawlings

Added a damn good tagger. Won the Syd Barker medal 3 times playing that role

Full write up at end of drraft.

Fadge

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back