21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

No less than 10 Melbourne players now (half your team). Starting to think that MarcMaverick should have let you have Melbourne ;)

in truth, all of may and lever (you can't have one without the other), davey, viney, jetta were 'best available' and 'fits needs' at the time of selection...

it's only the bench that i'm over-indexing, and even then rivers i'd take over a heap of players selected in the rounds before him

Last edited:
Nathan Bock.

Provides Collingwood with great flexibility - can send him to the backline to cover a third tall, or play him as a third tall in our forward line to expose a shorter opposition defence.

reggie

Last edited:

Christian Salem Lingsface

You realise we're meant to pick good teams yeah? Not tank for picks?
Salem is an offensive weapon off half back when surrounded by a good defence, which is what I have. Elite kick of the ball.

Salem is an offensive weapon off half back when surrounded by a good defence, which is what I have. Elite kick of the ball.
Our definitions of good are wildly different

8x AA selections and a 2x Premiership small defender in Guerra isn't good?
AA's for defenders has meant nothing since Pavlich was picked at FB over Fletcher despite never playing FB.

AA's for defenders has meant nothing since Pavlich was picked at FB over Fletcher despite never playing FB.
Glass, Hurley, Dempster and Ridley are still very good though :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meh, Yoire not stopping Riewoldt and Curnow anyway. Then add Breust and its pain.
You do know how much Curnow struggled against Hurley, right? And Riewoldt with Glass? Like I have the perfect defense to stop them. And Breust is good, yeah, but Guerra will completely blanket him. It's not like it's my forward line against your defence. Now that would be a bloodbath.

Surpriswd noone has selected Dean Brogan, Sam Jacobs or Stefan Martin

Surpriswd noone has selected Dean Brogan, Sam Jacobs or Stefan Martin
Yeah, I have Jacobs and Martin ahead of White, Marshall, Witts and TDK at a minimum

Brodie Smith reggie

FBSean DempsterDarren Glass (vc)Brent Guerra
HBJordan RidleyMichael HurleyChristian Salem
MFBrent StantonJobe Watson (c)Kieran Jack
HFGryan MiersJack RiewoldtRyan O'Keefe
FFTom PapleyTom HawkinsKurt Tippett
OBBrad OttensConnor RozeeCallan Ward (vc)
ICBrodie SmithCallum Mills
ICTyson StengleinLiam Ryan

My final 22. Here's my spiel about how my side is the best and all of you should put me #1.

Let's start with the defence. First off, I have the second best key defender eligible for the draft in Darren Glass. Yes, Richmond fans, he's better than Rance. His partner in crime Michael Hurley is a multiple AA winner and more importantly, both an offensive and defensive weapon. That is a top 3 FB/CHB combo behind Lingsface and equal with the Asian. Then you get to Dempster as a balanced medium who can play on key forwards, small forwards and everything in between, as well as being a solid intercept mark and a good kick, whilst Brent Guerra is a very effective shut down small as well. Now let's speak about my weapons rotating through the flanks in Jordan Ridley, an elite intercept mark and great ball user, as well as the precision kicking that comes from Christian Salem and Brodie Smith. I'm very comfortable my defence stacks up to hold down any forward line in this draft, apart from mine,

My midfield is the most balanced of anyone's. I have one of the best clearance players of the modern era in Jobe Watson, accompanied by an elite first receiver with pace and skills in Connor Rozee. With Callan Ward and Callum Mills I have two balanced inside/outside and offense/defence mids that allows the first two to ball hunt, as well as one of the better taggers of the past 20 years in Tyson Stenglein. Not to mention that I have Brad Ottens tapping it down to them, or Kurt Tippett when he's not. On the outside I have Brent Stanton and Kieren Jack, the former being more aggressive and the latter more defensive whilst someone like Ryan O'Keefe can also push up and be an option on the wing.

Now let's get to the coup de Grace. The best forward line in it without a doubt. Hawkins and Riewoldt are 60 goal key forwards, as well as being great at getting others involved. Kurt Tippett as third fiddle is someone who kicked over 40 goals 7/10 years in the system, whilst playing as second ruck most years. His 2015 was insanely good and doesn't get enough respect. Then we get to my smalls. Tom Papley is insanely consistent, having never had a season below 1.2 goals/game, kicking 30+ goals 6/9 seasons. Liam Ryan isn't as consistent but he's still averaging 1.3 goals/game over his career and as second fiddle I don't see too many defences that can contain both him and Papley. After that you look at my half forwards, Miers and O'Keefe, two high goal assist and score involvement flankers. I don't need heaps of goals from them. They'll get their 20 and be fine, but their creativity will be paramount. This is a 250+ goal a year forward line before finals. It's the most balanced forward line between scoring power, pressure and up field creativity. The only forward line in the same postcode is WilloTree's and that's purely the Buddy factor.

I have a side that is more balanced than anyone else's. I have a side with more offensive power that can win it's fair share of ball but also has the balance to defend a strong midfield and forward line.

Jamie Cripps

Fadge

Cappadocia

FB: Sheppard - Morris - B Scott
HB: Whitfield - C Bolton - J Lloyd
C: Mundy - Bartel - Sidebottom
HF: L Power - J Cameron - Treloar
FF: Elliot - Larkey - N Davis
R: Primus - Fyfe - Swan
Int: Fraser, Higgins, Gibbs, J Cripps

Full team write up later today

FBSean DempsterDarren Glass (vc)Brent Guerra
HBJordan RidleyMichael HurleyChristian Salem
MFBrent StantonJobe Watson (c)Kieran Jack
HFGryan MiersJack RiewoldtRyan O'Keefe
FFTom PapleyTom HawkinsKurt Tippett
OBBrad OttensConnor RozeeCallan Ward (vc)
ICBrodie SmithCallum Mills
ICTyson StengleinLiam Ryan

My final 22. Here's my spiel about how my side is the best and all of you should put me #1.

Let's start with the defence. First off, I have the second best key defender eligible for the draft in Darren Glass. Yes, Richmond fans, he's better than Rance. His partner in crime Michael Hurley is a multiple AA winner and more importantly, both an offensive and defensive weapon. That is a top 3 FB/CHB combo behind Lingsface and equal with the Asian. Then you get to Dempster as a balanced medium who can play on key forwards, small forwards and everything in between, as well as being a solid intercept mark and a good kick, whilst Brent Guerra is a very effective shut down small as well. Now let's speak about my weapons rotating through the flanks in Jordan Ridley, an elite intercept mark and great ball user, as well as the precision kicking that comes from Christian Salem and Brodie Smith. I'm very comfortable my defence stacks up to hold down any forward line in this draft, apart from mine,

My midfield is the most balanced of anyone's. I have one of the best clearance players of the modern era in Jobe Watson, accompanied by an elite first receiver with pace and skills in Connor Rozee. With Callan Ward and Callum Mills I have two balanced inside/outside and offense/defence mids that allows the first two to ball hunt, as well as one of the better taggers of the past 20 years in Tyson Stenglein. Not to mention that I have Brad Ottens tapping it down to them, or Kurt Tippett when he's not. On the outside I have Brent Stanton and Kieren Jack, the former being more aggressive and the latter more defensive whilst someone like Ryan O'Keefe can also push up and be an option on the wing.

Now let's get to the coup de Grace. The best forward line in it without a doubt. Hawkins and Riewoldt are 60 goal key forwards, as well as being great at getting others involved. Kurt Tippett as third fiddle is someone who kicked over 40 goals 7/10 years in the system, whilst playing as second ruck most years. His 2015 was insanely good and doesn't get enough respect. Then we get to my smalls. Tom Papley is insanely consistent, having never had a season below 1.2 goals/game, kicking 30+ goals 6/9 seasons. Liam Ryan isn't as consistent but he's still averaging 1.3 goals/game over his career and as second fiddle I don't see too many defences that can contain both him and Papley. After that you look at my half forwards, Miers and O'Keefe, two high goal assist and score involvement flankers. I don't need heaps of goals from them. They'll get their 20 and be fine, but their creativity will be paramount. This is a 250+ goal a year forward line before finals. It's the most balanced forward line between scoring power, pressure and up field creativity. The only forward line in the same postcode is WilloTree's and that's purely the Buddy factor.

I have a side that is more balanced than anyone else's. I have a side with more offensive power that can win it's fair share of ball but also has the balance to defend a strong midfield and forward line.
All banter aside,

your side is very well balanced, NGL

I think marginally better than ArdentEagle who's team I really like but is one tall forward short, and one backup dual position ruck short. Ardent's backline is very well balanced and looks like a premiership defence. I think the lack of a third man up in the forward line hurts.

Windrunners defence is too tall for mine. Needs more smalls. However the Windrunners have one of the best Mid to forward setups. From small forwards to tall forwards, best ruck in the comp, Dixon as a backup forward Griffin as a tall mid. That's a premiership setup. Defence could be a bit of an issue.

Manninghorse similarly has a very strong mid to forward setup with solid backup options but in contrast has a more dynamic and smaller backline. I think the one liability is Jackson Trengove. Horrendous decision making poor disposal. I never rated him at Port and at games he used to frustrate the hell out of me.

Hawthorn imo have the most balanced side. It's missing some of the top tier elites but overall it is incredibly balanced. Would be in contention for top 3.

Port Adelaide - Very strong back half but I'm not sure what to make of the forward half. Looks a bit unbalanced.

North Melbourne again is a very balanced side similar to Hawthorn

Westside have one of the fastest and dynamic forward lines, strong defence and strong ballwinners in the middle to go with their pace.

Melbourne has probably one of the youngest lists and I like it. Probably not in contention early but later would be a ripping team.

Gold Coast is a top 5 team for mine.

Remove this Banner Ad

21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back