Player Watch #23: Geordie Payne - Pick 1 2024 MSD - Welcome to NM!

Remove this Banner Ad

Exactly what I think looking at that. ****ing shit look and clearly rates himself as somewhat above our club. You take your opportunity with two hands and celebrate it! You have been taken in the MSD for a reason, and that’s because everyone has likely overlooked you bud!
Chill man, he said he was emotional and teary.

That could be true. I’m honestly just sick of our club being dunked on. Maybe I’m scarred from the shitness.

They interviewed him post draft and he said it was a dream come true and what was said above. You’re on the wrong tram with this one mate. He was overwhelmed with emotion.

Payne was probably just overwhelmed….
Although, I don’t know about you guys, but I’m almost 100% convinced Paynes Grandfather/dad is a mole working for the devils. Probably worried that we’re going to totally mess up his development for when the 19th team ready in 2028.

Payne was probably just overwhelmed….
Although, I don’t know about you guys, but I’m almost 100% convinced Paynes Grandfather/dad is a mole working for the devils. Probably worried that we’re going to totally mess up his development for when the 19th team ready in 2028.
meet GIF

Exactly what I think looking at that. ****ing shit look and clearly rates himself as somewhat above our club. You take your opportunity with two hands and celebrate it! You have been taken in the MSD for a reason, and that’s because everyone has likely overlooked you bud!
One of the most down to earth kids you would ever meet, and does not rate himself above anyone!

Geordie has just achieved his dream of an AFL career, and considering the disappointment of not being picked last draft, his reaction is nothing more than shock at the realisation he's finally made it! Yep, he had a fair idea where he was going, but he worked bloody hard to get clubs to notice him!

He put his head down and bum up...... here he is!

Good on him :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spot on. I expected him to stand up with his hand on his heart and sing ‘hearts to hearts, and hands to hands….’

And there should of been a tattooist in his lounge room, ready to tattoo a picture of Sam Gibson’s face on his arm.

I now expect him to watch the 1996 grand final on repeat for the next 3 days. And when someone comes up to him on his first day of training and says ‘FREEBORN IS THERE’ and if he doesn’t reply “AND HERE COMES NORTH MELBOURNE”, delist him.

Delist hikm NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not a true ShinERECTION, if he wasn't woke gen z he would started hysreterically crying while hugging a life size cardboard cut out of Ben Warren :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Anyway… really happy with this pick.
We have basically no one capable of playing pressure fwd/crumber type. Drury just isn’t quick or physical enough. Curtis probably not quick enough plus plays like a marking medium forward. Zurhaar could do it if he really wanted to but either he or we want his focus to be more offensive. RHJ simply not up to it. Wardlaw could be great at it too but he’s destined for much greater things!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back